HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Meet Jordan Nolan ladies and gentlemen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1044877)

Jason Lewis 12-02-2011 01:34 PM

Meet Jordan Nolan ladies and gentlemen

I know this was already posted in the Monarchs thread, but it's awesome, and if people didn't catch it there. You gotta see it.

He also is currently leading the Monarchs in points with 14 in 20 games, and penalty minutes with 84.

Who else wouldn't mind seeing this kind of stuff from our bottom 6?

:yo:

Credit to Johnny Utah for sharing this vid in the other thread.

Johnny Utah 12-02-2011 01:37 PM

Yeah I posted this...he schools 6'8" Doherty then he pushes another opposing player on the way to the box and gives the other team's bench a cocky shoulder shrug.

Dude can hit, skate, pot a few and fight; he is a lefty which fools a lot of guys....This is his year...I hope he replaces Moreau next year on the 4th line. Nolan is mean like his dad and in the mold of players Hextall and Lombardi like.

KINGS17 12-02-2011 01:44 PM

Moreau's replacement next season?

How is Nolan's skating? He must have decent hands.

DAkings20 12-02-2011 01:46 PM

Lol at the shoulder shrug, "I ain't even mad"

Jason Lewis 12-02-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 40317405)
Lol at the shoulder shrug, "I ain't even mad"

LOL i was thinkin the same thing or like, "Why you mad though?"

RonSwanson* 12-02-2011 03:34 PM

I shot this video last year at the Kings/Avs preseason game in Denver.

Sorry for the poor video quality (iPhone), but you can clearly see Nolan's destroying Gaunce.

[yt]oFJ0USycOPQ[yt]

RonSwanson* 12-02-2011 03:35 PM

Sorry for the poor video quality (iPhone), but you can clearly see Nolan destroying Gaunce.

Black1963 12-02-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonSwanson (Post 40321755)

Sorry for the poor video quality (iPhone), but you can clearly see Nolan destroying Gaunce.

Actually, no.

Learn to share! :)

In regards to Nolan, the only way I can see him getting a call up this year is if one of Clifford or Westy is out for a lengthy time period. Otherwise, just have to wait til next year.

I wouldn't mind sending Clifford down for 5 to 10 games and get a look at Nolan.

kingsfan 12-03-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RH63 (Post 40326421)
In regards to Nolan, the only way I can see him getting a call up this year is if one of Clifford or Westy is out for a lengthy time period. Otherwise, just have to wait til next year.

I wouldn't mind sending Clifford down for 5 to 10 games and get a look at Nolan.

I think Nolan would be a fine replacement for Moreau and Hunter as well. Big body to hit and fight when needed. I don't think Nolan is limited to strictly a fighting/agitating role.

Black1963 12-04-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 40391973)
I think Nolan would be a fine replacement for Moreau and Hunter as well. Big body to hit and fight when needed. I don't think Nolan is limited to strictly a fighting/agitating role.

Yeah, I wouldn't limit Nolan to fighting either but let's not kid ourselves, we're not going to call up Nolan for scoring.

I believe Nolan plays all 3 forward positions which would benefit him in making this club next year.

Jason Lewis 12-04-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 40391973)

I think he has showed good enough hands at the AHL level to warrant a 3rd line spot in the NHL. Essentially a Steve Downie kind of player. Where he IS an agitator AND a fighter, but he can score, and you should put him in the right opportunity to score.

That's the major difference between Westy and Nolan. Nolan is a Westgarth that can score.

apadilla 12-05-2011 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaygokings (Post 40428497)
I think he has showed good enough hands at the AHL level to warrant a 3rd line spot in the NHL. Essentially a Steve Downie kind of player. Where he IS an agitator AND a fighter, but he can score, and you should put him in the right opportunity to score.

That's the major difference between Westy and Nolan. Nolan is a Westgarth that can score.

Nolan is a middleweight, I'm also looking forward to seeing him join the LA Kings soon,

the kings haven't had a good first nations player since D Gary Sargent, remember him anyone? kings let him go for very little, and he then played well for the north stars for a good 5 seasons,

SPV 12-05-2011 10:59 AM

Nolan looks like a good prospect, he's a big kid and very fast. He is one of the most exciting Monarchs players on any given night. I've been to a handful of games this year so far and he always stands out. I'm surprised that he was only ranked a 5.5 on HF. Dwight King is another guy that looks to be exactly the same mold.

One of my favorite Monarchs is Richie Clune, he'll probably never make the NHL though; but I think he could be a good 4th liner. He can play and has a lot of grind to his game.

KingsFan767 12-05-2011 12:00 PM

I was at the split squad preseason game the Kings played against the coyotes at home this season, and Nolan IMO was one of the best players on the ice. Used his body to get in on the forecheck, finished his checks, and made some nice one on one moves through the neutral zone. I can see this kid making the lineup next year.

Kingurentai 12-05-2011 12:31 PM

Looks like he'll be a good replacement for Simmonds eventually. He seems like a straight up d**k on the ice. Which is good for us :laugh:

Jason Lewis 12-05-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingurentai (Post 40457359)
Looks like he'll be a good replacement for Simmonds eventually. He seems like a straight up d**k on the ice. Which is good for us :laugh:

We could use a little bit of that, and not in the way Moreau brings it.

Black1963 12-05-2011 02:13 PM

Don't be so sure that Moreau will be gone next season. TM obviously loves the guy and he's a veteran leader on this team.

I love Nolan but just sayin...

Moses Doughty 12-05-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RH63 (Post 40461923)
Don't be so sure that Moreau will be gone next season. TM obviously loves the guy and he's a veteran leader on this team.

Dont scare us, please. Id love to have Nolan here next year though

kingsfan 12-05-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RH63 (Post 40461923)

TM should focus on getting into the playoffs first, or he'll be the one gone.

RonSwanson* 12-06-2011 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPV (Post 40453751)
One of my favorite Monarchs is Richie Clune, he'll probably never make the NHL though; but I think he could be a good 4th liner. He can play and has a lot of grind to his game.

He already had a stint or two in the NHL.

Jason Lewis 12-06-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonSwanson (Post 40508201)
He already had a stint or two in the NHL.

Clune is basically Zeiler 2.0

Jason Lewis 12-06-2011 12:17 PM

This video still makes me laugh every single time I see it.

The little like chuckle and nod he gives to the other teams player right before he shoves that guy.

It's like he was a little kid who just won a wrestling match with his brother. Swagger.

Frolov 6'3 12-06-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apadilla (Post 40446735)
Nolan is a middleweight, I'm also looking forward to seeing him join the LA Kings soon,

the kings haven't had a good first nations player since D Gary Sargent, remember him anyone? kings let him go for very little, and he then played well for the north stars for a good 5 seasons,

5 seasons ? ;)

sBarry 12-07-2011 02:27 PM

The other night against the Sharks again, Nolan got in a brief tussle with Pelech that ended quickly because Pelech went for the takedown. But after Nolan got up, the goaltender for the Sharks, Sexsmith, I believe, was jawing at him and he gave the goalie a good shove while the ref was trying to steer him off to the bench, and then on the way Nolan tried to skate away from the ref to go back for more but the ref was holding onto his jersey.

tigermask48 12-07-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sBarry (Post 40586467)
The other night against the Sharks again, Nolan got in a brief tussle with Pelech that ended quickly because Pelech went for the takedown. But after Nolan got up, the goaltender for the Sharks, Sexsmith, I believe, was jawing at him and he gave the goalie a good shove while the ref was trying to steer him off to the bench, and then on the way Nolan tried to skate away from the ref to go back for more but the ref was holding onto his jersey.

Love the swagger but if he gets to a point where he starts crossing that fine line and hurting the team with penalties from his antics he'll have to reel it in a bit. he seems like he could be a really great guy to stick on the third line with Clifford in a year or two though right now.