HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread 3.0 - The "Does Anybody Want Christensen??" Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1044909)

Fitzy 12-02-2011 02:04 PM

Trade Proposal Thread 3.0 - The "Does Anybody Want Christensen??" Edition

Continue here.

Clowes Line 12-02-2011 02:06 PM

LMAO, the 2nd trade proposal thread lasted like 3 days haha. Bobby Ryan has that kind of power :laugh:

silverfish 12-02-2011 02:15 PM

I think in all reality, EC hasn't raised his value at all since coming here from Anaheim, meaning if he goes he'll be part of a package or waived.

Last time he was traded (March '09) it was from Atlanta to Anaheim for Eric O'Dell (2nd round pick in '08, first full year in AHL right now)

Zuccarello Awesome* 12-02-2011 02:24 PM

I want Prospal, Whitney or a cheap veteran d-man to replace Eminger or Woywitka at the deadline.

Also, could you imagine if we somehow got bobby Ryan via trade this season, and then we found a way to sign Ryan Suter? It'd be Team USA. Callahan, Suter, Stepan, Ryan, McDonagh, Sauer, etc. (assuming dubinsy goes in the Ryan deal). That would be a dynasty in the making.

Lion Hound 12-02-2011 02:26 PM

Wonder how Hagelin is on the shootout?

Dorado* 12-02-2011 02:55 PM

Not really related but since he was mentioned Woywitka has been very steady and decisive with the puck , made some good simple plays as well as a good first pass especially on that goal last night ( pass to AA in stride tape to tape ) . He is a good 6-7 D man

Hellion 12-02-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion Hound (Post 40318923)
Wonder how Hagelin is on the shootout?

He looks good in the shootout. I believe he has two shootout goals this season (that I have seen in the games Ive watched) + one goal on a penalty shot for the Whale

Bird Law 12-02-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorado (Post 40320087)
Not really related but since he was mentioned Woywitka has been very steady and decisive with the puck , made some good simple plays as well as a good first pass especially on that goal last night ( pass to AA in stride tape to tape ) . He is a good 6-7 D man

Woywitka not looking terrified with the puck is pretty surprising, I will say. That's been his downfall his entire career. Just garbage when it comes to something like that (amongst other things). If he can stop playing hot potato with the puck, he'd be useful. Hopefully this continues more than a game or two.

ThisYearsModel 12-02-2011 03:08 PM

From the waiver wire, to the waiver wire. That will be the sad story of Eric Christensen.

SomebodySaveKreider 12-02-2011 03:11 PM

Nobody would want him on their team. The dude has absolutely no value.

I thought it was a mistake to resign him when we did, and I continue to feel that way. I don't think its a coincidence that we've been playing better without him on the team.

KaOTiKM3 12-02-2011 03:32 PM

trade him for Jan Hlavac and a sack of pucks

Kovalev27 12-02-2011 03:33 PM

EC will be on waivers as soon as mike rupp is cleared to play. no doubt about in my mind. mitchell prob is your new 13th forward that day but EC won't be on this club any more

bernmeister 12-02-2011 04:33 PM

In the prior thread, someone said Skinner is the one player Canes would not trade.

Assuming that is sensible conventional wisdom but not correct on the off chance they would even entertain offers, for purposes of obtaining depth, what NOMINAL amount of overpayment could we/should we consider for Skinner?

Or should we assume nominal overpay just does not get the job done, only massive overpayment, why even think about it?

gluvhand 12-02-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernmeister (Post 40323641)
In the prior thread, someone said Skinner is the one player Canes would not trade.

Assuming that is sensible conventional wisdom but not correct on the off chance they would even entertain offers, for purposes of obtaining depth, what NOMINAL amount of overpayment could we/should we consider for Skinner?

Or should we assume nominal overpay just does not get the job done, only massive overpayment, why even think about it?

I'm thinking it would have to be MASSIVE over-payment.

KaOTiKM3 12-02-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

No GM worth a damn would trade the reigning Calder trophy award winner and budding superstar for depth. It would take at least 2 sure fire NHLers, prospects and picks. Something along the lines of McDonagh, Stepan, 1A Propsect and 1st round pick. Throw in Dubinsky just for the hell of it as well.

we want cup 12-02-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Yeah, they have him primed to be their next franchise forward. No way could we get him without trading a similarly elite player back. Considering they have a very good goalie already, it would probably have to be an elite defenseman, and we don't exactly have one to spare.

Even thinking about it is probably a waste of time.

Ail 12-02-2011 07:05 PM

Trading for Skinner, haha. :laugh:

KingWantsCup 12-02-2011 09:29 PM

Here are our option at LW.

Iginla - wouldn't be that hard to convince Calgary to cough him up. Also wouldn't have to trade as much for compared to other listed players.

Nash - The crown jewel of columbus. The biggest reason why butts are in seats there. Little to no chance without a big overpayment.

Ryan - The rumors didn't make sense to begin with. The Ducks just got a lot of phone calls from wishful GM's thinking they had a chance to swoop in on a valuable asset since Anaheim is doing terrible. Only available with a very regrettable overpayment.

So as far as top line left wingers go it's pretty obvious that at the deadline we're going to have to go for the best available player, in this case it's Iginla. Bobby Ryan will not be traded no matter how bad the Ducks suck. Simply too much talent to start all over and rebuild. Considering the intention is to go for it this year since this team really could be something special I have no problem trading for Iginla if the price is right.

DrSutton* 12-02-2011 09:34 PM

Iginla isn't a LW, Makes too much for our cap and is signed for another year, and isn't getting traded.

Nash is a pipe dream. Time to let that go. He also has a ludicrous cap hit, and isn't getting trade.

So neither of those are options for us.

RGY 12-02-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSutton (Post 40338141)
Iginla isn't a LW, Makes too much for our cap and is signed for another year, and isn't getting traded.

Nash is a pipe dream. Time to let that go. He also has a ludicrous cap hit, and isn't getting trade.

So neither of those are options for us.

This 100%

Vitto79 12-02-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovalev27 (Post 40321679)
EC will be on waivers as soon as mike rupp is cleared to play. no doubt about in my mind. mitchell prob is your new 13th forward that day but EC won't be on this club any more

that would make sense based on play but they may send Mitchell down since he has a two way deal and EC stays a spare......hope not but maybe

BrianBoyle 12-02-2011 10:02 PM

Ruutu or Whitney.

Ryan if he's still available near the trade deadline.

Completes the top-6:

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Ruutu/Whitney-Richards-Callahan

Clowes Line 12-02-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 40340163)
Ruutu or Whitney.

Ryan if he's still available near the trade deadline.

Completes the top-6:

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Ruutu/Whitney-Richards-Callahan

Or the simple option, Shane Doan.

Vitto79 12-02-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 40340331)

I wish they could get Doan bit I think he's a Yotes lifer............Whitney and Ruutu are legit options as long as their teams are out of the race

DrSutton* 12-02-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 40340331)

How is getting Shane Doan a simple option? Yotes are in a playoff spot and most likely will be in the post season again.