HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dominic Moore (lets really see what he could do) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1045245)

BOLTMAN 12-02-2011 10:57 PM

Dominic Moore (lets really see what he could do)
 
Hey ... I really wasn't crazy about this guy at the beginning of last year.

Then I saw him start doing shoot outs, last year. And I was crying .. why are they putting this guy in there. (you guys were to)

Then i saw him in the playoffs make Sean Bergenheim into the next Photo on the St. Pete forum Building wall.

Anyways .... I'm watching him in limited ice time, this year, crashing to the net and making things possibly happen. But not having the likes of Stammer, Louie or # 4 playing with him, makes nothing happen.

This guy is getting ripped off, I think if you gave if somebody he would be a STUD.

Anyways .... while we are playing .500 and experimenting. Why not try Moore on a top line to at least see what he could do.

Lets try Moore. (what do we have to lose)

I know hes a center but just make it work.

Is there anyone besides me that thinks Moore is better then a bottom six?

chasespace 12-03-2011 12:28 AM

He's a perfect 3rd line center. Sure I wouldn't mind him moved up for a couple shifts here and there but he does his job perfectly so why make him change it?

Rschmitz 12-03-2011 01:10 AM

He's a tweener. He's capable of filling in on a scoring line, but lacks some of the top end talent necessary to stay there. On the other hand, he's very feisty, good speed and two way game, perfect third liner.

I Am Beat You 12-03-2011 01:17 AM

I think he's been significantly worse this season.

Follower of Yzlam 12-03-2011 01:26 AM

Seems to take more boneheaded penalties than usual this season. I haven't been super impressed with him, but I think a line of him/Pyatt/Shannon could be useful.

BoltSTH 12-03-2011 05:17 AM

If Downie, Connolly and Malone play, and should if healthy, then one of Shannon or Pyatt sit.

Downie-Moore-Pyatt or Connoly-Moore-Pyatt more likely.

I am still not impressed with Shannon, 1 good game is all I remember him having.

Doctor Drej 12-03-2011 08:15 AM

Gotta remember that Moore's goal numbers from last year are a bit inflated because he was essentially playing in the Top 6 for much of the first half of the season because Gagne was out for awhile, Lecavalier was out for bit, Malone..etc. He filled in admirably during that time. And yes, he was the one who carried that 3rd line in the playoffs which was one of the best lines in recent playoff history.

He'll be the next one to get re-signed, I'll probably put good money on that.

Felonious Python 12-03-2011 08:38 AM

What makes a good third line guy is he makes you think he could play top-six, but doesn't, because he plays on the third line.

Dominic Moore is a good third line center.

Hockeyfan02 12-03-2011 01:08 PM

He and Downie need to get going, they've been two of the biggest disappointments on this year's squad and aren't really making any type of impact on a consistent basis.

BOLTMAN 12-03-2011 01:28 PM

Downie, This is what I'm talking about.

I would love to see Moore with some talent.

I'm not a Downie fan.
Yes, I know hes entertaining and hes physical and he fights.
But hes way too slow for this team. And adds nothing to help Moore.

I would like to trade Downie and pay a lot less for a guy like John Scott to intiminate the few teams in this league that you need that type of player like Downie or Scott to do. (btw, I don't mean trade Downie for Scott, Downie has way more value and I would like to get that value before its to late) A guy like Scott is at about 600 thousnad a year. And the Hawks only play him when they need to against a handfull of teams, usually from their western conference.

______________________

When the trading deadline comes around and everyone doesn't want to give up anyone from the team, I say downie is the easiest choice. Otherwise name someone with value other then Downie that your willing to give up.

nhljohnson 12-03-2011 01:34 PM

Let's not discount the effect of losing the mojo that Bergenheim brought to the mix last season.

That third line, whether it was Malone-Moore-Bergenheim or Downie-Moore-Bergenheim, was something special.

The Fear Boners 12-03-2011 01:36 PM

Hahah I stopped reading at John Scott.

nhljohnson 12-03-2011 01:44 PM

Yzerman probably had John Scott in mind when he laid out his anti-goon, 'being tough doesn't have to mean fighting' philosophy in an interview last season.

Vasilevskiy 12-03-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin (Post 40348209)
I think he's been significantly worse this season.

agreed

I Am Beat You 12-03-2011 02:33 PM

I agree with BOLTMAN. Downie is too slow, we need a speedier guy like John Scott on this team.

Felonious Python 12-03-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOLTMAN (Post 40359353)

I would like to trade Downie and pay a lot less for a guy like John Scott to intiminate the few teams in this league that you need that type of player like Downie or Scott to do. (btw, I don't mean trade Downie for Scott, Downie has way more value and I would like to get that value before its to late) A guy like Scott is at about 600 thousnad a year. And the Hawks only play him when they need to against a handfull of teams, usually from their western conference.

______________________

When the trading deadline comes around and everyone doesn't want to give up anyone from the team, I say downie is the easiest choice. Otherwise name someone with value other then Downie that your willing to give up.

Nice try, John Scott.

Doctor Drej 12-03-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin (Post 40361971)
I agree with BOLTMAN. Downie is too slow, we need a speedier guy like John Scott on this team.

Yea, let's get rid of Downie for a guy with 4 career points. That'll solve our secondary scoring issues.

Blackjack26 12-03-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin (Post 40361971)
I agree with BOLTMAN. Downie is too slow, we need a speedier guy like John Scott on this team.

I think you forgot the troll face

The Fear Boners 12-03-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Downie (Post 40364005)
Yea, let's get rid of Downie for a guy with 4 career points. That'll solve our secondary scoring issues.

hahah omg you got baited so hard

BOLTMAN 12-03-2011 05:50 PM

hahaha

its alright to have some fun.

But i think we are missing the points.

I did not say for a john Scott to replace Downie. You use him like the hawks use him. You don't use a Scott type player on regular shifts. Use him Like the best team does in the western conference (watch and learn from the elite teams).

a John Scott player is cheap.

Use Downie for trade bait. Before the trading deadline there will be a trade, lets hope its not Connelly or the likes.

Don't fall in love with your players (unless its Stamkos) :)

But If it has to be Connelly over Downie to make the deal so be it. As long as it gets us closer to the cup.

___________________________________________

So no one has come up with the player to be traded before the deadline. thats interesting.

Do you think we aren't going to make a trade? We stand pat?

Felonious Python 12-03-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOLTMAN (Post 40370471)
hahaha

its alright to have some fun.

But i think we are missing the points.

I did not say for a john Scott to replace Downie. You use him like the hawks use him. You don't use a Scott type player on regular shifts. Use him Like the best team does in the western conference (watch and learn from the elite teams).

a John Scott player is cheap.

Use Downie for trade bait. Before the trading deadline there will be a trade, lets hope its not Connelly or the likes.

Don't fall in love with your players (unless its Stamkos) :)

But If it has to be Connelly over Downie to make the deal so be it. As long as it gets us closer to the cup.

___________________________________________

So no one has come up with the player to be traded before the deadline. thats interesting.

Do you think we aren't going to make a trade? We stand pat?

History has taught us 'Beukeboom + 3rd = Brewer' and 'Wishart = Roloson'.

I've got this killer proposal involving Anton But and a 6th round pick in 2017 for Evgeni Malkin, but it wouldn't work cap, or roster wise.

Vasilevskiy 12-03-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOLTMAN (Post 40359353)
Downie, This is what I'm talking about.

I would love to see Moore with some talent.

I'm not a Downie fan.
Yes, I know hes entertaining and hes physical and he fights.
But hes way too slow for this team. And adds nothing to help Moore.

I would like to trade Downie and pay a lot less for a guy like John Scott to intiminate the few teams in this league that you need that type of player like Downie or Scott to do. (btw, I don't mean trade Downie for Scott, Downie has way more value and I would like to get that value before its to late) A guy like Scott is at about 600 thousnad a year. And the Hawks only play him when they need to against a handfull of teams, usually from their western conference.

______________________

When the trading deadline comes around and everyone doesn't want to give up anyone from the team, I say downie is the easiest choice. Otherwise name someone with value other then Downie that your willing to give up.

Lol

I had to do it after Downie's goal :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.