HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Balej to Slovakia? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=104714)

Ranger Blue 09-20-2004 07:20 AM

Balej to Slovakia?

Not sure how reliable the source but according to Eurohockey he has signed with Skalica.

http://www.eurohockey.net/transfers/...cgi%3Fdays%3D7

NYRangers 09-20-2004 08:19 AM

Thats old. Check RODENTs site for the latest info on him.

Ranger Blue 09-20-2004 08:42 AM

I'm not so sure... He's also listed here.

http://www.iihf.com/news/iihfpr8704.htm

Fletch 09-20-2004 08:51 AM

That is a very interesting list..

of players. As for Balej, the mystery should be solved soon, I'm sure. Where's L.I. Ranger with her wonderful e-mailing capability that could get to the bottom of this?

majicpixie 09-20-2004 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers
Thats old. Check RODENTs site for the latest info on him.

It isn't old, here's his profile...

http://www.eurohockey.net/players/fr...i?serial=16535

He's already listed for this upcoming season as playing in Skalica.

Fish 09-20-2004 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majicpixie
It isn't old, here's his profile...

http://www.eurohockey.net/players/fr...i?serial=16535

He's already listed for this upcoming season as playing in Skalica.

Old in terms of, it came out last week. As to the player page, well they have had some mistakes on the list...Premysl Duben for instance is listed with Jihlava but is actually playing in the 1.liga...

Leetchie 09-20-2004 11:00 AM

Posted 18/9/2004: Peter Forsberg (F)
From Colorado Avalanche (NHL) to MoDo Hockey
Added By: Fredrik Pålsson, Status: Confirmed
will play for MoDo whole season

:eek:

Padawan 09-20-2004 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetchie
Posted 18/9/2004: Peter Forsberg (F)
From Colorado Avalanche (NHL) to MoDo Hockey
Added By: Fredrik Pålsson, Status: Confirmed
will play for MoDo whole season

:eek:

That's old too. Forsberg has said that his NHL career is over and he would like to end his career in Sweden.

Leetchie 09-20-2004 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padawan
That's old too. Forsberg has said that his NHL career is over and he would like to end his career in Sweden.

I heard similar things in the past from Forsberg, so I kind of shrugged them off... like the kid who cried wolf. :)

Kodiak 09-20-2004 01:24 PM

Quote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, do you have a link to where Forsberg said his NHL career is over? I remember Forsberg saying many times that he would like to finish his career in Sweden, but I have not seen him say anywhere that he is done with the NHL. It's true that he's committed for a year without an out-clause, but that does not mean that he's retired from the NHL. He has taken a year off before and come back, and more likely, he was banking on a long lockout when he signed the deal.

L.I.RangerFan 09-20-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
of players. As for Balej, the mystery should be solved soon, I'm sure. Where's L.I. Ranger with her wonderful e-mailing capability that could get to the bottom of this?

Thanks Fletch

I sent an e-mail to the Pack requesting confirmation on Balej. Maybe I will get a response from them, unlike the Rangers who still haven't answered about Falardeau.

I'll let you know if and when I get an answer, if not, I guess we will have to wait until training camp opens to find out.

Fish 09-20-2004 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Thanks Fletch

I sent an e-mail to the Pack requesting confirmation on Balej. Maybe I will get a response from them, unlike the Rangers who still haven't answered about Falardeau.

I'll let you know if and when I get an answer, if not, I guess we will have to wait until training camp opens to find out.

I'm still waiting on an answer back from Michigan State on Falardeau :)

NYR469 09-20-2004 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish
I'm still waiting on an answer back from Michigan State on Falardeau :)

same here...i didn't even get a generic "thank you for your interest blah blah blah" that you would normally get from someone to acknowledge that they got the email.

NYRangers 09-20-2004 05:58 PM

What do you guys mean about Farladeau? Sarcasm or..?

Fish 09-20-2004 06:05 PM

Quote:

That the PR department at MSU is slow to respond...

Balej20* 09-20-2004 06:20 PM

L.I.RangerFan... Do you think you can try to contact someone at the Garden about getting the Wolfpack on MSG this season?

Fletch 09-20-2004 06:35 PM

Wow...

I actually popped into this thread after a while and totally forgot the title. Talk about off the subject...Guess we'll have to wait a couple of weeks. Has Balej played a game yet? His alleged team's played a couple, I believe.

Padawan 09-21-2004 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodiak
Whoa, whoa, whoa, do you have a link to where Forsberg said his NHL career is over? I remember Forsberg saying many times that he would like to finish his career in Sweden, but I have not seen him say anywhere that he is done with the NHL. It's true that he's committed for a year without an out-clause, but that does not mean that he's retired from the NHL. He has taken a year off before and come back, and more likely, he was banking on a long lockout when he signed the deal.

I'm sorry but no. I tried to find it but wasn't able to. It was couple of months ago by a finnish magazine's sport section. It was something about his injuries and he wanted to quit when he is at the top.

L.I.RangerFan 09-21-2004 06:37 AM

Quote:

When the rumor was going around and confirmed on USCHO that Falardeau had signed with the Rangers and before the Rangers released the information, I e-mailed them requesting confirmation on the signing.

I am still waiting for a reply. :banghead:

L.I.RangerFan 09-21-2004 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20
L.I.RangerFan... Do you think you can try to contact someone at the Garden about getting the Wolfpack on MSG this season?

I have been thinking about WHO to contact. While they are all basically the same company, they are broken down into different entities. I am leaning towards contacting MSG Network, because I believe it will be up to them to decide if it is worth the cost of producing the Wolfpack games.

Right now their (and FSNY) sports programming is set around the Mets. But once baseball season ends and the Liberty finish their playoff run, they are left with college football and Knicks basketball to fill two networks worth of programming.

When I figure out who to contact, I will let everyone know the results.

Kodiak 09-21-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry but no. I tried to find it but wasn't able to. It was couple of months ago by a finnish magazine's sport section. It was something about his injuries and he wanted to quit when he is at the top.

Sorry, Padawan, but I'm not buying it yet. If Forsberg really were done with the NHL, why would he only sign a 1-year contract (he is only 31) and why would he wait until after the official start of the lockout to sign?

L.I.RangerFan 09-21-2004 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Thanks Fletch

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just received confirmation from the Wolfpack that Balej WILL BE attending training camp. :handclap:

Fletch 09-21-2004 02:58 PM

Forsberg clarification...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1884917

He is playing in Sweden this season, even if there is an NHL season, but hasn't closed the doors to the NHL in the future. I have to wonder what he would've done had the season started on time.

Balej20* 09-21-2004 06:11 PM

Thanks for the info L.I., and thanks for your continued effort in regards to the Wolfpack being broadcasted.

NYR469 09-21-2004 06:20 PM

Quote:

there were rumors over the summer that falardeau might turn pro but then the talks died down, then suddenly out of nowhere he was removed from the MSU roster with no explanation from MSU or the rangers. uscho.com reported that he signed with the rangers but it was a good 4-5 days before there was actually confirmation of what happened. I emailed msu to ask them because several teams will answer questions about players but they never responded about why he was leaving school. I have no idea if that means he left on bad terms or if they just don't answer questions in general...