HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anisimov scares the crap out of me (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1048073)

ChrisKreider20 12-06-2011 11:24 AM

Anisimov scares the crap out of me

That guy has gotten plastered by hits so many times and it usually has to do with him having his head down.

It's happened at least twice this year where he has put his head down in the neutral zone and gotten slammed by a defender.

Anyone else notice him dropping his head frequently when stick handling through traffic?

When you see it 3-4 times a year like this, you wonder if its only imminent he gets concussed.

silverfish 12-06-2011 11:26 AM

It happened twice last night from what I remember.

Luckily at 6'4" not many people in this league will contact his head first, otherwise I do think he'd have a concussion or two by now.

But what does scare the crap out of me? The kids potential. He's really coming into his own so far this young season.

OverTheCap 12-06-2011 11:30 AM

Actually, when Sauer got hit last night, I first assumed it was Anisimov because he has a bad habit of skating with his head down. And then Anisimov himself ended up getting hit while his head was down less than a minute later. :shakehead

It's been an issue with Anisimov since he entered the league. I'm sure the coaching staff will give him a firm reminder that he needs to remember to keep his head up.

Clowes Line 12-06-2011 11:33 AM

It's an issue because he loves to stick handle. The **** he pulls with the stick require attention to the puck. His game would be deterred if he had to skate head-up. Not saying I want him to get a concussion, but skating with his head up would take away from his game IMO

ChrisKreider20 12-06-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 40515621)
It's an issue because he loves to stick handle. The **** he pulls with the stick require attention to the puck. His game would be deterred if he had to skate head-up. Not saying I want him to get a concussion, but skating with his head up would take away from his game IMO

lol then he needs to practice that **** with his head up haha.

Vitto79 12-06-2011 11:36 AM

I remember saying crap he always does that but it's true the guy can dangle and seems to love doing it so it's the price he is going to pay.

atleast he's ok

I Am Chariot 12-06-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRfan68 (Post 40515253)
That guy has gotten plastered by hits so many times and it usually has to do with him having his head down.

Prucha'd

the zamboni 12-06-2011 11:49 AM

Actually, he's gotten a lot better about keeping his head up. He knew he was going to pay a price last night, skating into 4 defenders (with Schenn back there). He knew the team needed a goal, he knew the risk.

Levitate 12-06-2011 11:51 AM

To be honest I can't tell if he's really unaware of the hit coming or if he's just willing to take the hit to make the play. Like last night, seems like he knew where Schenn was and that he was going to get hit but he was trying to get the shot off.

The only time I really remember him getting hurt is when Stuart hit him in the throat

Cmox 12-06-2011 11:53 AM

Thougha bit off topic I get the feeling AA will be the first one to go in a package trade.

GAGLine 12-06-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmox (Post 40516425)
Thougha bit off topic I get the feeling AA will be the first one to go in a package trade.

I seriously doubt it. He's very good defensively and is a big part of our most productive line. Plus, he's still relatively cheap. Why would you trade a player that is outplaying his contract and is proving to be an important part of the team?

For those worried about Anisimov getting hurt, don't be. He's indestructible. This has been a "concern" for him since he entered the league. Every time he takes a big hit, a thread like this pops up. Yet in 4 1/2 professional seasons, he has yet to miss a game due to injury.

I'd be much more worried about a player like Sauer since he has an extensive injury history. Artie is Ivan Drago.

ChrisKreider20 12-06-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAGLine (Post 40516925)
I seriously doubt it. He's very good defensively and is a big part of our most productive line. Plus, he's still relatively cheap. Why would you trade a player that is outplaying his contract and is proving to be an important part of the team?

For those worried about Anisimov getting hurt, don't be. He's indestructible. This has been a "concern" for him since he entered the league. Every time he takes a big hit, a thread like this pops up. Yet in 4 1/2 professional seasons, he has yet to miss a game due to injury.

I'd be much more worried about a player like Sauer since he has an extensive injury history. Artie is Ivan Drago.

He'll never get a concussion because his brain is too strong. He only watches intelligent TV shows (Battlestar Galactica), doesn't spend time on the internet.
We're going to win our next game from Arty doing differential calculus to help us position ourselves optimally in the zone...

BrooklynRangersFan 12-06-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the zamboni (Post 40516267)
Actually, he's gotten a lot better about keeping his head up. He knew he was going to pay a price last night, skating into 4 defenders (with Schenn back there). He knew the team needed a goal, he knew the risk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate (Post 40516335)
To be honest I can't tell if he's really unaware of the hit coming or if he's just willing to take the hit to make the play. Like last night, seems like he knew where Schenn was and that he was going to get hit but he was trying to get the shot off.

The only time I really remember him getting hurt is when Stuart hit him in the throat

Had the same thought last night. When I saw him skate in, I was thinking "well, looks like he's going to sell out to try to get a screened shot on goal." I don't think he was truly blindsided; I think he simply left his body exposed to get into shooting position, rather than bracing for the hit.

dccuse 12-06-2011 12:48 PM

Trial by fire

Artie is going to quickly learn that going in the middle on a standard offensive zone play will almost surely, always equate to getting plastered - especially when he's playing on the top line and going against the other teams top defenseman.

He'll learn. Still young and starting to come on strong!

ColonialsHockey10 12-06-2011 12:51 PM

You have to be playing your first ever hockey game to not know that hit was coming. :laugh:

Inferno 12-06-2011 01:20 PM

hes been hit hard like 3 times all season, twice was last night. chillax.

BKRangerFan 12-06-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numinous (Post 40516241)
Prucha'd

EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT! i dont recall ever watching any player in the league get laid out as often as these two guys. (maybe umberger)

He gets leveled wayyy too often but somehow he manages to get up with the same silly look on his face.

Fleury4ever 12-06-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the zamboni (Post 40516267)

I agree...I think he went balls out to get a shot in the slot, something the Rangers were failing at. Same type of thing with Sauer, plus bad luck with the boards. I say good on them for trying to win, and it's the team's job to get a beast in the line up to sort out the aftermath (RIP Boogie Man).

Swept In Seven 12-06-2011 02:09 PM

Anisimov looks like he skates with his head down all the time. He just has his head down but he is still looking up most of the time. He does have moments where he has his head completely down and those are the times that he gets creamed. Just watch him with the puck, he has his head down but his eyes up probably so all he has to do is move his eyes to look at the puck instead of having to move his whole head, that split second can make a big difference

HockeyBurd* 12-06-2011 02:59 PM

That's how he plays. He stack handles. If he doesn't pay attention he'll turn the puck over. If he does it less he'll be less effective offensively and more invisible, less involved, etc. He just need to recognize that there are danger spots where he isn't going to get anything done anyway and need to be alert at those times. He also needs to get a better snapshot of his surroundings at certain spots on the ice. That will come with time. I think he has already kind of gotten better at avoiding hits. Otherwise there would have been more this season. Also it helps that he is tall. More hits will be to the chest and shoulders.

gluvhand 12-06-2011 03:39 PM

You guys that are saying he looks down because he's a "stick handler" realize that there are players, better and worse than AA, that do this while keeping their heads up, right? And he can just as easily get his brain scrambled taking a hit to the chest with his head whiplashing around.

94now 12-06-2011 03:39 PM

So if he skates with his head up then what? Players who avoid hits and yet complete their tasks are the talented veterans. In most cases one can avoid hit by giving up on the play. That will be noticed by coach. On Stuart's hit Arty was able to receive the pass and get the puck deep. The only other option was to let Stuart get it. Torts would be furious then. If Arty was to pass the puck by Stuart and skate around him that would have been a spectacular move. I think he must have thought about doing it, but Stuart just beat him. It's the game.

Pizza 12-06-2011 03:52 PM

Several posters have brought this up. It's a concern. I'm sure he hears plenty from the coaching staff.

BlueshirtBlitz 12-06-2011 03:55 PM

He's barely done it this year. Everybody gets caught with their head down every once in a while.

Beacon 12-06-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAGLine (Post 40516925)

Just for those reasons.

"Trade" doesn't mean "waive". If you want to get a quality player, then you have to trade away some quality.

When people write "we should trade someone", they mean "we should waive someone." For instance, "we should trade Christensen and Valentenko." It's amazing how fans of every team want to trade useless, valueless players thinking they can get value back.