HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Line Combos: Anyone else agree?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1049169)

I Will Son 12-07-2011 02:52 PM

Anyone else agree??

With me Or KyPredsFan?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mind_the_gap (Post 40569333)
Who should not be in the top 6 then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 40569769)
Hornqvist. Ive been saying it forever. HE DOES NOT CREATE OFFENSE! He will score just as much on line 3 with PP time then he would line 1 with pp time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 40570673)
I Will Son beat me to it. Hornqvist is the obvious pick. Hell Legwand for all I care that way we can reunite the Wilson-Smith-Horn line like they should be. Then you have Erat-Fisher-Kostitsyn. Then make a line of Halischuk-Leggy-Tootoo/Spaling.

But that's just me. ;)

My lines

Wilson-Legwand-Smith
Erat-Fisher-SK
Hornvist-Spaling-Halischuk
Tootoo-Smithson-Mcgratten/Geoffrion

This is about forwards, not d pairs.

101st_fan 12-07-2011 04:03 PM

SK hasn't found the net in almost six weeks. At this point I'm almost ready to give Toots a shot there ... he's been effective at even strength over the past couple weeks, I can't say the same for Smith, Erat, Wilson, Hornqvist, or for the most part Legwand.

Iron Duke 12-07-2011 05:51 PM

Dropping Hornqvist to the bottom 6 has been mentioned quite a bit. He is too slow, and not good enough defensively to be slotted into that type of role. Best bet is to keep him with a line that cycles the puck, something like Wilson and Legwand, but nobody on that line shoots enough to create the rebound/tip opportunities that he needs to put the puck in the net.

ZombPred 12-07-2011 06:20 PM

trade everyone

101st_fan 12-07-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Duke (Post 40594519)
Dropping Hornqvist to the bottom 6 has been mentioned quite a bit. He is too slow, and not good enough defensively to be slotted into that type of role. Best bet is to keep him with a line that cycles the puck, something like Wilson and Legwand, but nobody on that line shoots enough to create the rebound/tip opportunities that he needs to put the puck in the net.

Our 3rd line isn't a typical 3rd line. If we could get SK to start shooting we could Hornqvist/Spaling (Geoffrion) / SK (Halischuk) line for a 3rd scoring line. That leaves Smithson between Halischuk whichever grinder we have left ... McGrattan, Spaling after Geoffrion's return, K. Wilson, Mueller.

Iron Duke 12-07-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 40596805)
Our 3rd line isn't a typical 3rd line. If we could get SK to start shooting we could Hornqvist/Spaling (Geoffrion) / SK (Halischuk) line for a 3rd scoring line. That leaves Smithson between Halischuk whichever grinder we have left ... McGrattan, Spaling after Geoffrion's return, K. Wilson, Mueller.

Just depends on who exactly is on the line, and how Trotz chooses to use it, I suppose.

NoNecksCurse 12-07-2011 07:52 PM

I agree 100%. and go even further and possibly put him on the 4th line.. maybe not now that I think about it. but definitely on the 3rd line

token grinder 12-07-2011 11:06 PM

the way mueller and wilson got pucks deep, I wouldn't mind him on that line and smithson centering the energy/defesive line od spaling and halischuck

I Will Son 12-08-2011 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 40612671)
the way mueller and wilson got pucks deep, I wouldn't mind him on that line and smithson centering the energy/defesive line od spaling and halischuck

If Mueller stays up then that sounds like a good idea. I just wonder if Puustinen or Latta will get a call at some point. They have been great for the ADS

Shea Weber 12-12-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiralyPred (Post 40595469)
trade everyone

:D ...

Shea Weber 12-12-2011 01:22 PM

My therory: since all SK does is pass and all Craig does is shoot....shouldnt they be on a line together?

utmfisher19 12-12-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shea Weber (Post 40834511)
My therory: since all SK does is pass and all Craig does is shoot....shouldnt they be on a line together?

I've always thought the same thing... And then you can have Fisher crashing the net with those two. That way the other line can be Wilson - Legwand - Erat and then Horny can move down to Spaling and Tootoo.