HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Who would you trade? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1049795)

Smitzo4221 12-08-2011 09:12 AM

Who would you trade?

To shake thing up and get things going instead of firing Ruff, who would you trade away?

I wouldn't trade Roy, Leino, Kassian. Leino because it would look bad to other free agents. Every D man with the acception of Gragnani.

I would trade - everyone not noted above. If Adam uses his size like he should he would be placed on my untouchable list.

Chainshot 12-08-2011 09:19 AM

I would make a push to use non-roster assets to land some inexpensive NHL-level talent while working toward a more comprehensive deal that moves a core piece out in at least a lateral move.

static80 12-08-2011 09:19 AM

Well your not asking who they would trade, your asking who I would trade, so......

I would trade "ANYONE" on this roster if the trade brought the team closer to acheiving the goal of winning Lord Stanley's Cup.

omglolnub 12-08-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static80 (Post 40622049)
Well your not asking who they would trade, your asking who I would trade, so......

I would trade "ANYONE" on this roster if the trade brought the team closer to acheiving the goal of winning Lord Stanley's Cup.

But would anyone be able to do that? This isn't NHL 12. I don't see the Sabres "winning" any trades with the current roster, especially with how they're playing. Any trade they'd make would be lateral at best or just a flat out downgrade.

BuiltTagonTough 12-08-2011 09:28 AM

Stafford and Ennis first.

From there pretty much everyone but Vanek, Pominville, and a select few others are safe.

JPurp26 12-08-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough (Post 40622321)
Stafford and Ennis first.

From there pretty much everyone but Vanek, Pominville, and a select few others are safe.

First off, anyone is available if the team is better off overall.

I would be weary of giving up Ennis so fast, hes ultra talented and still very young. He needs better linemates. Stafford was given a glorious chance off of an Ennis pass late in the game. Ennis is young and hopefully only going to get even better.

Vito_81 12-08-2011 09:31 AM

Stafford.

Not enough consistent production out of him EVER. Too much nothing from such a key offensive role on this team.

Vanek, Pominville and Roy are fine pieces. Leino has been playing better and as has been mentioned before, you absolutely cannot move him if you want to attract FA's. Ennis and Gerbe are still young and while they haven't been at their best, they're too valuable to move right now. Stafford is the one constant issue.

Myllz 12-08-2011 09:34 AM

Right now? I'd put Ennis on the block with picks/prospects to see what kind of offers came back.

omglolnub 12-08-2011 09:37 AM

Stafford needs to go. Problem is, everyone is keenly aware with how awful he is now. Probably couldn't get a conditional 7th for him now; his trade value is gone. Should've dealt him last season.

Also, where's all the Sekera for Filpulla trade proposals everyone agreed on from the summer? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jame 12-08-2011 09:38 AM

I'd like to move Stafford and Roy off the team immediately.

Then I'd like to package Ennis along with some of our non roster assets to make a push for an impact player.

And get Gragnani off the team

Jame 12-08-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omglolnub (Post 40622595)
Stafford needs to go. Problem is, everyone is keenly aware with how awful he is now. Probably couldn't get a conditional 7th for him now; his trade value is gone. Should've dealt him last season.

Also, where's all the Sekera for Filpulla trade proposals everyone agreed on from the summer? :cry: :cry: :cry:

yea
:shakehead

JPurp26 12-08-2011 09:40 AM

Realistically for me I would try to build around

Vanek-X-Pominville
Ennis-Roy-X
Leino-Adam-Kassian
Gerbe-Gaustad-Kaleta
McCormick

Regher-Myers
Sekera-Ehrhoff
Leopold-X
Weber

Miller
Enroth

We package Stafford/Hecht/Boyes/Gragnani/Picks and prospects in order to get a top line center a finisher RW for Roy and Ennis to set up and a Defensive Defenseman preferably Right Handed. Our biggest needed is still without a debate the need for Center depth.

JPurp26 12-08-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 40622657)
yea
:shakehead

ha agreed

JPurp26 12-08-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 40622627)

Then I'd like to package Ennis along with some of our non roster assets to make a push for an impact player.

I would only move Roy if we were able to bring back two center for our system or an elite level Center.

I agree that we need to change the core, but we need help at center.

omglolnub 12-08-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPurp26 (Post 40622773)
I would only move Roy if we were able to bring back two center for our system or an elite level Center.

I agree that we need to change the core, but we need help at center.

Eject the core like Geordie LaForge! :laugh:

/nerd

Clock 12-08-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPurp26 (Post 40622433)
I would be weary of giving up Ennis so fast, hes ultra talented and still very young.

That's exactly why I'd be interested in seeing what sort of value he could get back in a trade, but then again, I can see where many of us (including myself) would be a bit sensitized to the whole drawing of comparisons to Afinogenov.

Vito_81 12-08-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omglolnub (Post 40622595)

I wonder if TB would consider something involving Lecavalier, who hasn't been right in years for Stafford. It would save them money and give them a much needed shake-up.

Stafford
Boyes
pick(s)/prospect(s)

Lecavalier

Vinny would have to waive his NMC

Chainshot 12-08-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito_81 (Post 40623029)
I wonder if TB would consider something involving Lecavalier, who hasn't been right in years for Stafford. It would save them money and give them a much needed shake-up.

Stafford
Boyes
pick(s)/prospect(s)

Lecavalier

I'd rather they not tie themselves into Vinny's ridiculous contract. It's expensive for a crazy length -- and for a guy who as you say hasn't been right in years... look elsewhere (Staal).

Clock 12-08-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Stafford
Boyes
pick(s)/prospect(s)

Lecavalier

Blech. Lecavalier's contract sucks and the production hasn't been there. I think we could do better for ourselves.

omglolnub 12-08-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Stafford
Boyes
pick(s)/prospect(s)

Lecavalier

I think we'd still be over the cap :laugh:

Also, the Bolts won't trade a dollar for a couple quarters, a few dimes and random pocket lint and chewing gum wrappers... :(

Myllz 12-08-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Stafford
Boyes
pick(s)/prospect(s)

Lecavalier

Vinny would have to waive his NMC

I love Prince Vince, but I'd want nothing to do with his contract.

thefifagod 12-08-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 40622627)

Right there with you on this one.

static80 12-08-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omglolnub (Post 40622165)
But would anyone be able to do that? This isn't NHL 12. I don't see the Sabres "winning" any trades with the current roster, especially with how they're playing. Any trade they'd make would be lateral at best or just a flat out downgrade.

It has nothing to do with a video game, this isn't fantasy hockey.
Players have net value, whether or not you realize that, I don't know.

And yes, there are those that not only can do it, but have done it.
It's merely a matter of giving to get.

Zip15 12-08-2011 09:57 AM

Step 1: Trade Boyes for a draft pick. Look to teams with an extra 2nd rounder and/or those needing help on the PP. If you can't get a 2nd rounder, take the 3rd rounder and possibly a mid-tier prospect for Rochester. This frees up salary and allows Kassian to stay in Buffalo.

Step 2: Work on getting a center, even if he's a bottom-6 center. Nielsen and Stoll are impending UFAs, and neither has been good enough this season so as to make the asking price too high. Get on the horn and if you can grab either for a draft pick do it, utilizing the cap space just freed up by moving Boyes. We're currently dressing one natural center.

That's where I'd stop...for now. If there are still problems approaching the deadline, start looking at other deals with Stafford as the centerpiece. I'm loathe to giving up on Ennis less than 10 games into a sophomore season following a 50-point rookie season.

omglolnub 12-08-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static80 (Post 40623255)
It has nothing to do with a video game, this isn't fantasy hockey.
Players have net value, whether or not you realize that, I don't know.

And yes, there are those that not only can do it, but have done it.
It's merely a matter of giving to get.

I'm saying that there's no way the Sabres could make an even trade right now, let alone an upgrade. The "stock" has fallen to a new low and won't get anything in return.