HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Oscar Moller (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1050095)

markisonfire 12-08-2011 04:22 PM

Oscar Moller

Anyone think he'll ever play another game in a Kings sweater?

The Black1963 12-08-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markisonfire (Post 40637397)
Anyone think he'll ever play another game in a Kings sweater?

He MAY get a few games but I don't think he'll be a king for very long.

kingsfan 12-08-2011 05:07 PM

Nope. He'll get traded/waived and play elsewhere.

Telos 12-08-2011 05:10 PM

He's not playing bad over there. It is not impossible, but highly unlikely that he will ever play for the Kings again. I would absolutely wager that he will play in the NHL though.

xavi4life 12-08-2011 05:24 PM

It's gonna be rad when he lights lamp on another NHL team like Moulson. Ditto Bud Holloway.

Fat Elvis 12-08-2011 06:43 PM

Pavel Rosa part II

Moses Doughty 12-08-2011 06:44 PM

I have hope for him still for some odd reason

Sydor25 12-08-2011 07:07 PM

Moller still has a chance since Dean endorsed his move to Europe. I would be shocked if he re-signs Holloway, he basically ripped him in the press when he left.

johnjm22 12-08-2011 07:56 PM

I don't think Moller will ever be an NHL player. He just doesn't have the skill set or hockey sense.

Holloway is currently 6th in the SEL in points scored (everyone ahead of him is older). He also leads Skelleftea in scoring. Too bad Lombardi mismanaged him as a prospect. I think it would be unwise to not try and bring him back.

Jason Lewis 12-08-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent (Post 40639715)
It's gonna be rad when he lights lamp on another NHL team like Moulson. Ditto Bud Holloway.

Holloway can go **** himself. That one isn't on the Kings.

Jason Lewis 12-08-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 40647863)
I don't think Moller will ever be an NHL player. He just doesn't have the skill set or hockey sense.

Holloway is currently 6th in the SEL in points scored (everyone ahead of him is older). He also leads Skelleftea in scoring. Too bad Lombardi mismanaged him as a prospect. I think it would be unwise to not try and bring him back.

How did Lombardi mismanage the guy?

He was next on the list to be called up last season when Williams went down..and that was pretty well known.

So they head into this offseason..and the guys agent calls and says, "Hey guys sorry Bud is going to Sweden." *click*

the team tries to call him and he never answers.

He turned 23 in March of last year and drafted late rounds in 06...I wouldn't call letting the guy grow in the AHL at the age of 21-22 mismanaging a prospect. He played only 2 FULL seasons with the Monarchs...

I'd call it developing a prospect.

What Holloway did to the management is what is ********. I swear.....some people will just take blind stabs at Dean Lombardi just to try and do it.

If you are going to whine about the guy, be reasonable...there are other more valid arguments then Bud ****ing Holloway.

Live in the Now 12-08-2011 08:48 PM

Moller is waiver eligible and this team has so many guys they're trying to fit in the bottom six as it is. He won't be back.

Scottkmlps 12-08-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 40647863)

Holloway messed up with going to Sweden. He had a very solid chance of making the Kings 3rd line when Simmonds was dealt.

johnjm22 12-08-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaygokings (Post 40653659)
How did Lombardi mismanage the guy?

He was next on the list to be called up last season when Williams went down..and that was pretty well known.

So they head into this offseason..and the guys agent calls and says, "Hey guys sorry Bud is going to Sweden." *click*

the team tries to call him and he never answers.

He turned 23 in March of last year and drafted late rounds in 06...I wouldn't call letting the guy grow in the AHL at the age of 21-22 mismanaging a prospect. He played only 2 FULL seasons with the Monarchs...

I'd call it developing a prospect.

What Holloway did to the management is what is ********. I swear.....some people will just take blind stabs at Dean Lombardi just to try and do it.

If you are going to whine about the guy, be reasonable...there are other more valid arguments then Bud ****ing Holloway.

Relax, I like Lombardi, I just think he overlooked Holloway as a prospect.

And there's nothing wrong with what Holloway did. He finished out his contract, and then made a career decision. These guys are putting their bodies at risk playing hockey for a living, a career ending injury can happen at anytime. He decided to do what was financially beneficial for him RIGHT NOW, as opposed to taking a chance on making the NHL.

I say Bud was mismanaged because Dean gave guys like King and Moller NHL time over Holloway, and because there was no need to burn the bridge once Bud signed in Sweden. If anything, it's probably good for his development. I doubt he was being seriously considered for a roster spot this season despite what Dean SAYS.

David A. Rainer 12-08-2011 10:06 PM

Nope, because this organization couldn't give two craps for speed on the wings

Chazz Reinhold 12-08-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David A. Rainer (Post 40664437)
Nope, because this organization couldn't give two craps for speed on the wings

Good thing Moller isn't fast, then.

David A. Rainer 12-08-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold (Post 40664587)
Good thing Moller isn't fast, then.

Faster than most. Faster than most of what we got.

Chazz Reinhold 12-08-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David A. Rainer (Post 40666563)
Faster than most. Faster than most of what we got.

He's not slow, but Moller is not a fast skater by any stretch. He looks fast because he's small and moves his feet, but he doesn't have anything near top-end speed.

David A. Rainer 12-08-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold (Post 40666689)
He's not slow, but Moller is not a fast skater by any stretch. He looks fast because he's small and moves his feet, but he doesn't have anything near top-end speed.

See, I'll come at it from a different direction. He looks slower because his first couple of strides are slow but once up to speed he will out-pace most.

Chazz Reinhold 12-08-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David A. Rainer (Post 40667555)
See, I'll come at it from a different direction. He looks slower because his first couple of strides are slow but once up to speed he will out-pace most.

Agree to disagree. I'd say he's comparable to Justin Williams as far as top speed goes. Williams isn't really fast, but he's not slow, either.

Vamos Rafa 12-08-2011 10:40 PM

Do the Kings still have the rights to him?

Sydor25 12-08-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grillinnap (Post 40668091)
Do the Kings still have the rights to him?

Yes. Until he is 27, depending on the new CBA.

Reaper45 12-09-2011 12:10 AM

I'm of the opinion he'll be back. Call me crazy.

Sydor25 12-09-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 40675555)
I'm of the opinion he'll be back. Call me crazy.

Once DL and Murray are gone.

Reaper45 12-09-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 40675663)
Once DL and Murray are gone.

Lombardi likes him, Murray doesn't.