HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Colin Fraser (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1050103)

HYORI 1963 12-08-2011 03:40 PM

Colin Fraser

Ok, so we have guys like Penner, Stoll and Willie all UFAs this off season, but so is Fraser. Personally, Fraser is an ideal 4th line center. He's got grit, can score some and willing to drop gloves. He made $825K this season, so, we should be able to sign him for 1M or less imo.

If I'm DL, I'd definitely give him a multi year deal. Fraser is only 26, and I think we've yet to see the best of him.

So, should we re-sign him?

Buddy The Elf 12-08-2011 03:42 PM

I'd wait to see how he performs the rest of the season. It isn't like he isn't replacable.

ScoreZeGoals 12-08-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtysauce (Post 40638107)
:laugh:

Laugh all you want, but Fraser has played quite well on the 4th line

Ziggy Stardust 12-08-2011 03:49 PM

Wouldn't mind having him back, but anything close to $1M is a bit much for a 4th line player. I think what he is paid now is more than adequate.

Shellz 12-08-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals (Post 40638299)
Laugh all you want, but Fraser has played quite well on the 4th line

Don't waste your time.

I wouldn't mind. He is what he is and he brings it every night. A bright spot.

Brad Doty 12-08-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Laugh all you want...he's been solid here.

Edit: ScoreZeGoals beat me to it...yay phone posting!

HYORI 1963 12-08-2011 03:55 PM

I would really like to see the 4th line of Clifford-Fraser-Nolan for next year.

Brad Doty 12-08-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RH63 (Post 40638599)

Scraptacular. Hope Nolan can pan out at this level.

Boba Fettuccine 12-08-2011 03:58 PM

Give him Albert Puljous money: 10 years 250 million

kingsfan 12-08-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Quiet trolling. Just because he stunk as an Oiler doesn't mean he'll stink here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 40638387)
Wouldn't mind having him back, but anything close to $1M is a bit much for a 4th line player. I think what he is paid now is more than adequate.

Agreed. He's welcome back, but if he wants $1 million per, he can walk and see who else would pay that. He's worth less than he's making now IMO, even if he is playing well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RH63 (Post 40638599)

I hope we play Clifford more actually. Everyone talks about guys like Lewis, Richardson, etc. not getting chacnes on the 1st/2nd line. This guy should get a chance. You want to establish a cycle and get puck possession, this guy should be able to do it. Let him have a chance. He has more skill than he's showing and gets less than nine minutes a game. No wonder he's playing crappy, TM and Sherriff Shanny have him on a short leash.

Telos 12-08-2011 04:23 PM

I agree, I think he is the ideal fourth line center. He has played solid and has given us little reason to question him as a liability. He is a plus player right now surrounded by a lot of minuses, and Murray has put him out there on penalty killing a few times. If he maintains his play throughout the season, I would re-sign him, but I would either sign him for what he is making now or less. He is getting a Stanley Cup premium as well as a boost for the numbers he put up with an offensively stacked Hawks team. I would let him walk at $1 million.

Johnny Utah 12-08-2011 04:24 PM

Fraser has kinda been invisible recently, was throwing the body and netted a goal right when he came back...but quieted down recently.

Live in the Now 12-08-2011 04:32 PM

Give him one more year. Do not make the mistake that was made with guys like Drewiske and Zeiler. Never give guys like that multi-year deals, if they don't like it they can go somewhere else.

KingNothing4 12-08-2011 04:33 PM

I think he's a real solid 4th line C for us. Playing physical, going to the net after the puck is covered and pissing off the other team. He's 5th for F's in PK TOI @ 1m 53s (Kopi, Rick, Stoll ahead, basically tied with Lew 1m 56s) so obviously takes care of his own end. I think he's pretty ideal 4C, only knock I see is 44.9% in faceoffs, so ya I'd like to see him sign, maybe $875k?

TwzKing 12-08-2011 05:33 PM

I'm happy with him as well wouldn't mind him getting resigned

goosh 12-08-2011 05:59 PM

Although I've been one of Fraser's biggest fans, I still believe the 4C position has to be filled from within (at least next year). I think Cliche would be an awesome fit.

kingpest19 12-08-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 40639243)
Quiet trolling. Just because he stunk as an Oiler doesn't mean he'll stink here.

Agreed. He's welcome back, but if he wants $1 million per, he can walk and see who else would pay that. He's worth less than he's making now IMO, even if he is playing well.

I hope we play Clifford more actually. Everyone talks about guys like Lewis, Richardson, etc. not getting chacnes on the 1st/2nd line. This guy should get a chance. You want to establish a cycle and get puck possession, this guy should be able to do it. Let him have a chance. He has more skill than he's showing and gets less than nine minutes a game. No wonder he's playing crappy, TM and Sherriff Shanny have him on a short leash.

Its funny how they ignore the two years where he played decently for a Cup winner and go off of how he played for the worst team in the league as a basis of what he can do.

KingsRule 12-08-2011 06:39 PM

i have yet to find myself screaming at him thru the tv, so yea give him a shot

kingsholygrail 12-08-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 40638719)
Give him Albert Puljous money: 10 years 250 million

No. We need that for Parise remember?

GraniteHead 12-08-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN14 (Post 40638713)
Scraptacular. Hope Nolan can pan out at this level.

LOL, hope CLIFFORD can pan out at this level. The jury is FAR from a verdict on this one.

DocWest 12-08-2011 07:32 PM

I like him as well and would like to see him with us next season. He's knows his role and so far he's played it very well. He had a really well timed fight recently that put some emotion back into the team.

Whiskeypete 12-09-2011 09:47 AM

he has been solid imo. to the point he has performed better than Lewis, who had a very good 2nd half and playoffs last season. honestly though Lewis has not looked as good, or performed as well as Fraser has in the #4C to date.

it's ironic that Fraser was expected to be a cast off, once he was off IR and eligible to be waived. the guy has stepped up and i think improved LA's #4C from what we had all of last season and this year while Lewis was in the spot. i like Lewis, but Fraser is giving the team what it needs in that role much better.

keep him and re-sign him, but in the $700-900K range