HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Who's Your favourite Ranger currently? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=105067)

Taz 09-22-2004 08:51 AM

Who's Your favourite Ranger currently?

^^^^

Mine would have to Be Jagr, as i like his style of play attacking hockey :)

EvilCorporateLawyer 09-22-2004 09:14 AM

On the team or a prospect?

On the team - Balej, Blackburn, Jagr
Prospect - Prucha, Jessiman, Montoya

Wisent 09-22-2004 09:25 AM

Kasparaitis :yo:

in the hall 09-22-2004 09:26 AM

Mike Richter all time, probably won't ever be replaced unless some kid with a great ethic and personality sticks with this team for 15+ years

Fedor Tjutin is my current favorite Ranger
I also like Jagr and Balej

Montoya, Jessiman, Korpikoski are my favorite prospects for obvious reasons. I like Montoya most however.

klingsor 09-22-2004 10:11 AM

Tyutin, Ortmeyer and Murray.

Bacchus 09-22-2004 10:29 AM

Tyutin, Ortmeyer, Holik.

Fletch 09-22-2004 10:37 AM

Haven't developed one yet...

think it may be Mess after Leetch and Kovalev left. If he's retired - I wouldn't currently have a favorite player.

Firefly 09-22-2004 10:43 AM

Sadly all my favorite Rangers have left. Richter. Leetch. Messier.* Barnaby.

Right now I just enjoy watching them all, but have yet to develop a new favorite or favorites. I like Ortmeyer, Tyutin, Pock, but I have to see more of them for them to get my "favorite" status. Balej is also hard NOT to like, hopefully he will become a big star here.

*May be back, I know this.

EvilCorporateLawyer 09-22-2004 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klingsor
Tyutin, Ortmeyer and Murray.

Speaking of Murrays, I think I was one of the few here that actually liked Rem when he played for us. He always gave it his all.

I kind of wish we had him back for the 4th line to play with some of the young kids. He's a good role model.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-22-2004 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille
Speaking of Murrays, I think I was one of the few here that actually liked Rem when he played for us. He always gave it his all.

I kind of wish we had him back for the 4th line to play with some of the young kids. He's a good role model.

I liked Rem too. Like some many others, however, he was used wrong. He had no businss playing with Lindros.

He's had some pretty serious injuries of late too.

BwayBshirt 09-22-2004 11:26 AM

jagr, holik, and kasparaitis

Kardi 09-22-2004 11:49 AM

balej

EvilCorporateLawyer 09-22-2004 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I liked Rem too. Like some many others, however, he was used wrong. He had no businss playing with Lindros.

He's had some pretty serious injuries of late too.

I completely agree.

He was always just. A nice guy. And a good leader.

Too bad.

Bacchus 09-22-2004 01:11 PM

I liked Rem Murray also a lot - not only when he was with the Rangers. Kind of player every team needs a couple of...

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-22-2004 01:30 PM

My Fav Rangers forwards on the team are: Ortmeyer, Murray and Balej
My Fav Rangers defense on the team: Tyutin, Kasper and Lampman
My Fav Rangers forward prospects: Helminen, Dubinsky and Walsh
My Fav Rangers defense prospects: Guenin, Potter and Baranka
My Fav Rangers goalie prospect: Lundqvist

misfit 09-22-2004 01:34 PM

Messier

majicpixie 09-22-2004 02:27 PM

<---- :rolly:

ftyutin51 09-22-2004 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=JOrtmeyer41]My Fav Rangers forwards on the team are: Jaromir Jagr, Josef Balej
My Fav Rangers defense on the team: FEDOR TYUTIN, Darius Kasparitis, Karel Rachunek
My Fav Rangers forward prospects: Greg Moore, Lauri Korpikoski
My Fav Rangers defense prospects: David Lifftion, Ivan Baranka
My Fav Rangers goalie prospect: Henrik Lundqvist

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-22-2004 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franz
I liked Rem Murray also a lot - not only when he was with the Rangers. Kind of player every team needs a couple of...

I think Rem should have been playing with Holik and Sammy. That would have prolly been a decent checking line for us.. And I still wonder why we misuse our players so much. Same thing happened with Keane and Skrudland when they were here.

Fletch 09-22-2004 03:38 PM

Players are misused...

because of an over-abundance of third and fourth liners and a lack of real top liners, in addition to stupid coaching. Keane played with TGO instead of being the checking/agitator he is because Campbell didn't want to play Kovalev with TGO, but also, didn't have a lot of options because the youth (if I remember correctly) wasn't that great either.

klingsor 09-22-2004 03:49 PM

The Ranger I want MOST to succeed is still Lundmark.

Feel the same way about Brendl and Malhotra. Pretty easy to see where I'm coming from.

barnaby63 09-22-2004 03:52 PM

Current Favorite Ranger: Jed Ortmeyer
Current Favorite Prospect: Ivan Barenka, Petr Prucha
All-Time Favorite Ranger: Adam Graves

AG9NK35DT8* 09-22-2004 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz
^^^^

Mine would have to Be Jagr, as i like his style of play attacking hockey :)

i have a couple and they are garth murray , jed ortmeyer and favorite d-man thomas pock

but i would say my first is garth murray what is there not to like about the guy great work ethic, non stop energy and most of all my favorite part of the game he plays is his toughness... fights, checks and dont back down from the action, involves himself in all scraps and the feisty part of the game.. i my self like to play an aggressive game even though im a defenseman, so i tend to like players who play the same type of game.

for some reason my favorite rangers all been foward darren turcotte, radek dvorak, adam graves,garth murray, darren langdon and liked brad brown while he was here( dman) ertc those are some of my favorite players through the years.

AG9NK35DT8* 09-22-2004 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille

i think he means garth murray if u noticed it says current favorite ranger and he has 3 guys named ortmeyer tyutin and murray, why would he put rem there. its obvious its garth. well thats what i think atleast.

AG9NK35DT8* 09-22-2004 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
My Fav Rangers forwards on the team are: Ortmeyer, Murray and Balej
My Fav Rangers defense on the team: Tyutin, Kasper and Lampman
My Fav Rangers forward prospects: Helminen, Dubinsky and Walsh
My Fav Rangers defense prospects: Guenin, Potter and Baranka
My Fav Rangers goalie prospect: Lundqvist

My Fav Rangers forwards on the team are: Ortmeyer, Murray ( murray 1st but not by much)
My Fav Rangers defense on the team: Pock,
My Fav Rangers forward prospects: Helminen, prucha
My Fav Rangers defense prospects: jake taylor, david liffiton
My Fav Rangers goalie prospect: still BLACKBURN
My favorite all time: ADAM GRAVES( the heart and sould of that club, true leader who knows when the next will come along, maybe murray or ortmeyer are the closest thing to him, but stilll very very far away)