HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Injury Report: Patrick Wiercioch - Serious - Throat (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1051125)

Qward 12-09-2011 07:36 PM

Patrick Wiercioch - Serious - Throat
 
@KateKrenzer Kate Krenzer
Patrick Wiercioch went to the hospital after taking a puck to the face in the first period. Not expected to return tonight.


Joy Lindsay
@PSBJoyOnTheSens Joy Lindsay
#BSens defenseman Patrick Wiercioch is at the hospital after suffering a throat injury when he was hit by a puck in the first period.


Joy Lindsay
@PSBJoyOnTheSens Joy Lindsay
I have multiple anonymous reports that #BSens D-man Patrick Wiercioch is on a breathing machine right now. Please keep him in your thoughts.

Darren Dreger
@DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
Patrick Wiercioch is in hospital and is in stable condition after taking a puck in the throat in tonights AHL game.

sens2k9 12-09-2011 07:36 PM

latest tweets suggest it was a puck to the throat

:(

Karlstrobe 12-09-2011 07:38 PM

Wow, thats horrible. Already his development was slower then expected, now a puck to throat might cause his game to take a step back. Really hope he's ok. Bingo has been banged up all year, very unlikely repeat.

Sens Mile 12-09-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButlerFutureSniper (Post 40714033)
Wow, thats horrible. Already his development was slower then expected, now a puck to throat might cause his game to take a step back. Really hope he's ok. Bingo has been banged up all year, very unlikely repeat.

From at draft time? no. After he was doing incredibly well in NCAA? maybe.

Its a throat injury and these are the one's I fear death more then others. This one is going to be scary

Karlstrobe 12-09-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Mile (Post 40715337)
From at draft time? no. After he was doing incredibly well in NCAA? maybe.

Its a throat injury and these are the one's I fear death more then others. This one is going to be scary

I ment it in the sense that since being in Bingo he hasn't played like the player we hoped he would be.

pepty 12-09-2011 08:03 PM

Some of the comments in Joy's tweets did not sound good. I hope we get an update soon.

Emerica 12-09-2011 08:06 PM

Ouch :(

pepty 12-09-2011 08:19 PM

They just said that it was a serious injury.

MainDotC 12-09-2011 08:21 PM

Just now Grady said during the game that he definitely took a puck to the throat and it's not looking good. You could hear him say (I'm assuming to his PA): "Is this information public?"

The Waffler 12-09-2011 08:21 PM

This is terrible. I hope he's alright and I wish him the best.

dmarc 12-09-2011 08:22 PM

fack stay strong man... thinking about you

pepty 12-09-2011 08:22 PM

From Joy's twitter:

I have multiple anonymous reports that #BSens D-man Patrick Wiercioch is on a breathing machine right now. Please keep him in your thoughts.
1 minute ago

Sens Mile 12-09-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaindotC (Post 40717079)
Just now Grady said during the game that he definitely took a puck to the throat and it's not looking good. You could hear him say (I'm assuming to his PA): "Is this information public?"

He is on a breathing machine now via Joy

Icelevel 12-09-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepty (Post 40717193)
From Joy's twitter:

I have multiple anonymous reports that #BSens D-man Patrick Wiercioch is on a breathing machine right now. Please keep him in your thoughts.
1 minute ago

holy jesus

screw the W, get better patty

Powdered Toast Man 12-09-2011 08:24 PM

That does not sound good.

Seguin 12-09-2011 08:24 PM

Oh, wow. Best of luck to him. I hate to see anything like this

MatthewT 12-09-2011 08:27 PM

jesus, hope for the best

Goat Boy 12-09-2011 08:27 PM

Whoa... This is terrible. Keep us posted. Come on, Patty!

SensFan26 12-09-2011 08:30 PM

I hope the reports are false, but if not I hope to god that he pulls through.

Afro Thunder* 12-09-2011 08:30 PM

oh man this sucks bad.

****.

udonnoodles 12-09-2011 08:30 PM

Wow. I hope he gets better.

Sens Mile 12-09-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensFan26 (Post 40717841)
I hope the reports are false, but if not I hope to god that he pulls through.

The reports are not false, they won't give out info to the PA staff unless it is from the team doctors

Curtinho 12-09-2011 08:33 PM

=/

One of the scariest things in hockey is getting hit in the neck. Unreal. Thoughts are with him.

pepty 12-09-2011 08:34 PM

From Joy

Have been told breathing machine may be precautionary for swelling, but Wiercioch's situation does not sound great. #BSens1 minute ago

Liliaceae 12-09-2011 08:35 PM

Wow very scary! I hope he'll be ok... :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.