HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Jonathan Bernier (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1051129)

HellasLEAF 12-09-2011 08:42 PM

Jonathan Bernier
 
Guys, what's the feeling on him. I know Quick is playing very well and has established himself.

But is Bernier still the guy? Will they move him now that Quick has shown he can handle the job? How will your goaltending look next year...

Telos 12-09-2011 09:10 PM

No, he will be moved. If a spectacular deal comes for a top 3 sniper he would be available at the deadline, otherwise he will likely be moved during the offseason or after Quick signs his extension. Jones or Zatkoff will likely take up backup duties behind Quick. Probably Jones, but Zatkoff has seniority, all depends on camp.

Reaper45 12-09-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellasLEAF (Post 40714527)
Guys, what's the feeling on him. I know Quick is playing very well and has established himself.

But is Bernier still the guy? Will they move him now that Quick has shown he can handle the job? How will your goaltending look next year...

Personally, I'm not as sold on Bernier as I am on Quick. I've never felt that Bernier was the guy. I doubt they will move him before locking up Quick long term.

Nose of Sutter 12-09-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 40716461)
Personally, I'm not as sold on Bernier as I am on Quick. I've never felt that Bernier was the guy. I doubt they will move him before locking up Quick long term.

Yeah, this right here. I see him being moved before next year personally

kingfansince1967 12-09-2011 09:54 PM

Huge mistake
 
It is going to be a huge mistake. But, bottom line, if I were Bernier I would ask to be traded. He is not getting his chance, only 5 games in goal. He had a good game against Montreal and now he is going to wait, one, two if not three weeks, and when is he going to get 2 or 3 games in a row. Montreal should the necessary patience with Carey Price and it has proved, the Kings should do the same with Bernier.

... but this is Terry Murray ... and we won't make the playoffs if he is behind the bench until the end of the season :help:

ZJames 12-09-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfansince1967 (Post 40719595)
It is going to be a huge mistake. But, bottom line, if I were Bernier I would ask to be traded. He is not getting his chance, only 5 games in goal. He had a good game against Montreal and now he is going to wait, one, two if not three weeks, and when is he going to get 2 or 3 games in a row. Montreal should the necessary patience with Carey Price and it has proved, the Kings should do the same with Bernier.

... but this is Terry Murray ... and we won't make the playoffs if he is behind the bench until the end of the season :help:

I dont see it being a HUGE mistake. Even if Bernier does end up being better than Quick, its not gonna be by a whole lot. I prefer quick to bernier, but I do agree that TM needs to give bernier more games.

Jason Lewis 12-10-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfansince1967 (Post 40719595)
It is going to be a huge mistake. But, bottom line, if I were Bernier I would ask to be traded. He is not getting his chance, only 5 games in goal. He had a good game against Montreal and now he is going to wait, one, two if not three weeks, and when is he going to get 2 or 3 games in a row. Montreal should the necessary patience with Carey Price and it has proved, the Kings should do the same with Bernier.

... but this is Terry Murray ... and we won't make the playoffs if he is behind the bench until the end of the season :help:

If Bernier was going to prove worthy of overtaking Quick he would have showed it more by now. I don't think he is capable of it.

Plus even if we lose Bernier...we still have a great young goaltender in Martin Jones sitting down there...Berube...and Gibson in juniors.

Vamos Rafa 12-10-2011 12:08 AM

I have to say Jonathan is one of the most misspelled simple names. Do you guys actually know anyone named "Jonathon'?

Jetteroheller 12-10-2011 12:13 AM

Unfortunately the kings should move JB sooner than later before he loses any trade value. Also they need to move him before he ends up walking away for nothing, which he will eventually due to little/no playing time behind Quick.

greengiant91 12-10-2011 12:23 AM

Bernier will be better than Quick, I would trade Quick before Bernier. JB has not been given a chance by TM. TM gave labarbra more of opportunity to succeed than JB has been given.

dabeechman 12-10-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaygokings (Post 40725805)
If Bernier was going to prove worthy of overtaking Quick he would have showed it more by now. I don't think he is capable of it.

Plus even if we lose Bernier...we still have a great young goaltender in Martin Jones sitting down there...Berube...and Gibson in juniors.

Are you fricken kidding? Bernier hasn't been given HALF the opportunity that any of the last 4 starting goaltenders have had. Give the kid more than one game every 2-3 weeks before you start saying that he needs to show more.

And Jones doesn't have the natural talent Bernier does.

I will say it is hard for Bernier to break in though with Quick playing well, but you can't hold that against Bernier.

Jason Lewis 12-10-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabeechman (Post 40727013)
Are you fricken kidding? Bernier hasn't been given HALF the opportunity that any of the last 4 starting goaltenders have had. Give the kid more than one game every 2-3 weeks before you start saying that he needs to show more.

And Jones doesn't have the natural talent Bernier does.

I will say it is hard for Bernier to break in though with Quick playing well, but you can't hold that against Bernier.

Natural talent?


How much have you watched Marty Jones play? He is damn good also. I don't care about natural talent. People said Bernier had more natural talent then Quick also...

And I am talking about prior...Bernier has had his chances, but he certainly hasn't "wowed" anyone honestly. He is going to be a solid tender. But people act like he is the next coming of Roy sometimes and just simply don't think it is true.

Quick is just as good, if not better then Bernier will be. And Jones can serve as a great back up and starter probably one day.

For the sake of Bernier he should probably move on. He isn't going to get the chances here. Nor should he. Quick is too good, and our goalie corps is way too deep. Sorry.

Vamos Rafa 12-10-2011 01:28 AM

Right now, I don't have faith in both of them no matter how well they play until they get goal support.

Kingurentai 12-10-2011 01:45 AM

I was just thinkng we need to let Bernier play more so we can see for sure. Quick is getting tired.

RonSwanson* 12-10-2011 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellasLEAF (Post 40714527)
Guys, what's the feeling on him. I know Quick is playing very well and has established himself.

But is Bernier still the guy? Will they move him now that Quick has shown he can handle the job? How will your goaltending look next year...

Jonathon. Ha. Sounds like a call-in program asking for donations to keep him around for another year.

unhinged97 12-10-2011 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grillinnap (Post 40725821)
I have to say Jonathan is one of the most misspelled simple names. Do you guys actually know anyone named "Jonathon'?

http://www.jonathonamaya.net/

Reaper45 12-10-2011 10:31 AM

If Bernier wants to play more he needs to out play Quick. Even when Quick has **** the bed, Bernier hasn't set the world on fire.

KapG 12-10-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 40733991)
If Bernier wants to play more he needs to out play Quick. Even when Quick has **** the bed, Bernier hasn't set the world on fire.


How can he outplay Quick, when he doesn't get any games?

kingsholygrail 12-10-2011 11:14 AM

So... Quick isn't good enough for people?

LAKings4ever 12-10-2011 11:49 AM

The only thing left for Quick to prove he is the guy is winning in the playoffs, other than that he has shown everything you would want in a goalie and easily should go down as the Kings all-time best goaltender when all is said and done (granted it is a short ladder to climb).

I would have like to see Bernier get more of an opportunity this year, say 30 games and opportunities for multiple games in a row to see how he would settle in over a stretch of games but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

I was always a Bernier supporter but Quick has won be over, deserves to be extended once he shows he can win a series in the playoffs - Bernier doesn't get traded until this happens.

PS: I think Kings win at least 1 playoff series this year!!

Magicman 12-10-2011 11:49 AM

Goalies need to play and it's difficult to impress when your the backup.

Bernier's style doesn't suit the Kings defensive makeup, Quick's style is more suited to it.

With Doughty/Johnsov/Voynov/Martinez probably all in the lineup next season.

I could enision a couple of secnairos where Quick is moved for help at the deadline and the job is gifted to Bernier.

Quick prospers from the back off and colapse style Lombardi and Murray love to play.

If the Kings open it up, I think Quick could be exposed due to facing 30+ shots a night.

Whiskeypete 12-10-2011 11:59 AM

i dont prefer one over the other, both guys seem to be very even keeled with great work ethics. two great traits in a goalie.

what i don't like is the lack of games that JB gets. he needs more plain and simple, for two reasons.

first, for the team to set his value for when and if DL makes a move. it's hard for DL to make a trade with him at this point based on his limited GP in the NHL. compare this to JQ's stats and what he would command in a trade situation. im not advocating either over the other so don't go ******* thinking im calling for JQ's trade. im just saying that Quick has a true trade value based on his numbers, JB doesn't. this will limit the net return DL will get for him.

second, JB's game also seems to call for him to get in a groove. he struggled in LA years ago when he didn't get much time. he gets sent to MAN, gets a ton of time and suddenly he is the messiah in net. last season when he was getting more starts in a more consistent manner, his game really began to improve. the guy needs playing time plain and simple. this is another case of player mismanagement when it comes to Murray, plain and simple.

DL needs to tell Murray to get JB into the line-up more, no questions asked. there is NO downside to this. it rests JQ, it helps JB set his value which in turn will help DL and the team, it keep JB ready should JQ gets injured.

tonight JB should get the start, no excuses. JQ looked bad the other night, give the guy some rest. give him a few more days with Ranford to work on his puck handling for starters and then work on his control. against MIN his control was horrible.

Reaper45 12-10-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapG (Post 40734453)
How can he outplay Quick, when he doesn't get any games?

How did Quick get the nod over him in the first place? By out working him in practice and in games. But let's just give him starts because he's got to prove something.

Magicman 12-10-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 40736153)
How did Quick get the nod over him in the first place? By out working him in practice and in games. But let's just give him starts because he's got to prove something.

Nope.

Lombardi completly ****ED UP the goaltending with the Cloutier deal.

Had he not Quick gets no shot.

ean 12-10-2011 12:22 PM

Neither goalie is going anywhere.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.