HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Antero Niittymaki to WorSharks on conditioning loan 12/12 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1053177)

210 12-12-2011 03:48 PM

Antero Niittymaki to WorSharks on conditioning loan 12/12
 
Per AHL transactions...

Led Zappa 12-12-2011 03:50 PM

ruh-roh...

**** gets real now :)

SoupyFIN 12-12-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led Zappa (Post 40840713)
**** gets real now :)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...WK075ceohTLUfO

:laugh:

stalockrox 12-12-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 210 (Post 40840625)
Per AHL transactions...

Since the WorSharks have 4 games this week, you think they'll get him into two of them?

LadyStanley 12-12-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stalockrox (Post 40842737)
Since the WorSharks have 4 games this week, you think they'll get him into two of them?

If not 3. (But I doubt they'll push to have him do back to backs)

And 5 games next week (I'd expect him to play 2-3 as well).

As the NHL/AHL holiday roster freeze goes into effect like next Monday, my guess is the Sharks will look to have him "ready" to trade when the freeze expires (12/27).

Speed 12-12-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyStanley (Post 40842909)
If not 3. (But I doubt they'll push to have him do back to backs)

And 5 games next week (I'd expect him to play 2-3 as well).

As the NHL/AHL holiday roster freeze goes into effect like next Monday, my guess is the Sharks will look to have him "ready" to trade when the freeze expires (12/27).

For those interested, here's our next 10 games:
Tue, Dec 13/11 6:00 pm EST Worcester at Springfield 6:00 pm EST
Fri, Dec 16/11 7:00 pm EST Worcester at Albany 7:00 pm EST
Sat, Dec 17/11 7:05 pm EST Worcester at Binghamton 7:05 pm EST
Sun, Dec 18/11 3:00 pm EST Worcester at Manchester 3:00 pm EST
Wed, Dec 21/11 7:00 pm EST Springfield at Worcester 7:00 pm EST
Mon, Dec 26/11 6:30 pm EST Worcester at Portland 6:30 pm EST
Wed, Dec 28/11 7:00 pm EST Manchester at Worcester 7:00 pm EST
Fri, Dec 30/11 7:30 pm EST Connecticut at Worcester 7:30 pm EST
Sat, Dec 31/11 5:30 pm EST Worcester at Portland 5:30 pm EST
Mon, Jan 2/12 1:00 pm EST Worcester at Bridgeport 1:00 pm EST

LadyStanley 12-12-2011 04:54 PM

Niitty's two weeks will be up 12/25. So, I'm guessing that means he'll be back in SJ for Christmas (if not before).

hockeyball 12-12-2011 05:05 PM

Too bad Worcester doesn't have any goaltending issues, in fact, I believe it's the least of their worries. Unless Niitty is suiting up as a forward, it's actually probably detrimental for Worcester heh.

SoupyFIN 12-12-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyStanley (Post 40843539)
Niitty's two weeks will be up 12/25. So, I'm guessing that means he'll be back in SJ for Christmas (if not before).

Hope Niitty gets back before Christmas, so that his family can invite Mitchell again as a Santa. :laugh:

Spacemania 12-12-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 40844185)
Too bad Worcester doesn't have any goaltending issues, in fact, I believe it's the least of their worries. Unless Niitty is suiting up as a forward, it's actually probably detrimental for Worcester heh.

I don't think the Sharks have had goalie shortages either since Nabby came into net and Kipper-Toskala followed suit.

LadyStanley 12-12-2011 05:30 PM

210Darryl 2:25pm via Twitter for BlackBerry® For those asking Niitty will be wearing #30 for #WorSharks. Worcester also doesn't have a home game until next Wednesday. Next 4 are on road

skilks 12-12-2011 06:15 PM

So is Griess freaking out? Or are we already shopping Niity?

Arrch 12-12-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skilk (Post 40847551)
So is Griess freaking out? Or are we already shopping Niity?

Why would Greiss freak out? With the contract they gave him, he's expected to be the backup next year, so they won't likely expose him to waivers (good bet that someone would take a chance on him). We have the cap and roster space to carry 3 goalies, so Niitty will either be involved in a trade that benefits the Sharks (like a third liner) as a cap dump, or we'll ride three goalies. Niitty is better than Greiss, but he's not better than Greiss and a 3rd line winger.

Spacemania 12-12-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacto4Now (Post 40847993)
Why would Greiss freak out? With the contract they gave him, he's expected to be the backup next year, so they won't likely expose him to waivers (good bet that someone would take a chance on him). We have the cap and roster space to carry 3 goalies, so Niitty will either be involved in a trade that benefits the Sharks (like a third liner) as a cap dump, or we'll ride three goalies. Niitty is better than Greiss, but he's not better than Greiss and a 3rd line winger.

I really don't expect anything other than a prospect or more likely a draft pick.

Arrch 12-12-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spacemania (Post 40848137)
I really don't expect anything other than a prospect or more likely a draft pick.

I don't expect him to be the main piece of a trade, but why trade him if he's not going to get anything of value? He's still better than Greiss, so we may as well keep him unless we need to free up space for an improvement.

Oppa 12-12-2011 06:54 PM

Ride him for the year and get that .999 SV %, maybe he'll be worth something then

210 12-12-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stalockrox (Post 40842737)
Since the WorSharks have 4 games this week, you think they'll get him into two of them?

My guess is Tuesday in Springfield, Friday in Albany, and Sunday in Manchester. Saturday in Binghamton will likely be Sexsmith (and I wouldn't be shocked if they sent him back to Worcester after the Friday game instead of bussing out to Bingo for the game there).

The big question is 'will he show up Wednesday for the Booster Club Holiday party?'...usually players on rehab are excused from team functions, so I'm wondering if he'll be there.

BTW, the best "vet" at one of these parties was Claude Lemieux. He was excused because of other plans (his parents, who do not speak a word of English, were heading to town) but he showed up and stayed as long as he could, and before he left gave a "I beg your pardon" to Rich (Speed) for having to leave. He was the absolute definition of "class" that night.

210 12-13-2011 04:37 PM

He's not dressed for tonight's game

Led Zappa 12-13-2011 04:42 PM

http://hfboards.com/picture.php?albu...pictureid=3338

hockeyball 12-13-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 210 (Post 40853937)
My guess is Tuesday in Springfield, Friday in Albany, and Sunday in Manchester. Saturday in Binghamton will likely be Sexsmith (and I wouldn't be shocked if they sent him back to Worcester after the Friday game instead of bussing out to Bingo for the game there).

The big question is 'will he show up Wednesday for the Booster Club Holiday party?'...usually players on rehab are excused from team functions, so I'm wondering if he'll be there.

BTW, the best "vet" at one of these parties was Claude Lemieux. He was excused because of other plans (his parents, who do not speak a word of English, were heading to town) but he showed up and stayed as long as he could, and before he left gave a "I beg your pardon" to Rich (Speed) for having to leave. He was the absolute definition of "class" that night.

I got the impression he was pretty bitter about how he was treated once he got to the NHL. That said, he didn't do anything you would expect from Claude Lemieux and so was totally ineffective.

What is with agitators coming to San Jose and ceasing to agitate? Lemieux, Nieminen... even Nichol really kind of stopped doing that. Eager was really the only guy who kept it up to some degree, and he was insane.

Speed 12-13-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 210 (Post 40853937)
The big question is 'will he show up Wednesday for the Booster Club Holiday party?'...usually players on rehab are excused from team functions, so I'm wondering if he'll be there.

Answer is yes.. :nod:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.