HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   GDT: Devils vs. Panthers, 12/13, 7:30pm, MSG+ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1053749)

cj225 12-13-2011 07:31 AM

Devils vs. Panthers, 12/13, 7:30pm, MSG+

http://nhlpa93.nhl94.com/teams/images/nj.gif

VS.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nthers.svg.png

New Jersey Devils
(15-13-1, 31 points, 9th in the Conference)
Coming off a 5-4 win against Tampa Bay

Projected Lineup:
Zach Parise-Adam Henrique-Ilya Kovalchuk
Petr Sykora-Patrik Elias-Dainius Zubrus
Eric Boulton-Ryan Carter-David Clarkson
Mattias Tedenby-Tim Sestito-Cam Janssen

Henrik Tallinder-Adam Larsson
Bryce Salvador-Kurtis Foster
Mark Fayne-Matt Taormina

Martin Brodeur
Johan Hedberg

IR:
Travis Zajac
Anton Volchenkov
Andy Greene

Florida Panthers
(16-9-5, 37 points, 3rd in the Conference)
Coming off a 6-1loss to the Rangers

Projected Lineup:

TBD

IR:
Scottie Upshall
Marcel Goc
Mark Cullen

Previous Meeting this Season - Devils lost 4-3

Quotes from Last Night's Game (Hedberg, Kovalchuk, Parise):
Quote:

“I thought going into the third even though we were up three goals, it didn’t seem like it was going to be an easy ride,” said goaltender Johan Hedberg, who finished with 32 saves “We did it to Ottawa the other night. We came back from three down. It is a tricky lead to have. You might relax a little bit and you think you’re safe. All the sudden, they get one and they get jump. Then, maybe they get a power play, like they did tonight, and they get two. All the sudden they’re right back in it.”
Quote:

“I think we played a solid game tonight on both sides of the ice,” Kovalchuk said. “We didn’t turn the puck over too much. They’re a great offensive team and we knew that, so when we took the lead 5-2, we kind of sat back a little bit. But, overall, I think we stuck to the system and that’s what we were told.”
Quote:

“Pete was talking about that we’ve got to start getting some wins here and separating ourselves and getting up into that top eight,” Parise said. “It was a good road win for us. It’s a team that’s been struggling to find wins lately as well. So, it was good. Now, we’ve got to redeem ourselves a little bit in Florida after what happened last time.”
DeBoer on yesterday's trade:
Quote:

DeBoer believes it’s a deal that could work out for all the parties involved.

“I think it’s good,” he said. “I’m happy that Mark and (Pelley) are going to get a chance to play and contribute, hopefully, in Anaheim. And, for us, (assistant coach) Adam Oates is familiar with Kurtis Foster having coached him here in Tampa and felt that he could help us both on defense and on the power play. So, hopefully, it’s a win-win.”

DeBoer wasn’t sure if Foster will play Tuesday night against the Panthers (assuming he arrives in time).

“We’ll decide tomorrow,” DeBoer said. “I’ll have to talk to him and see.”
Rookie sensation Adam Henrique:
Quote:

Parise and Henrique had a goal and two assists apiece to lead the way for the Devils offensively. It was the first three-point game of the 21-year-old Henrique’s short career and he now stands second among all NHL rookies with 23 points (seven goals, 16 assists) in 26 games. Edmonton’s Ryan Nugent-Hopkins leads all NHL rookies with 13 goals, 19 assists and 32 points.

“I thought we played well as a line,” Henrique said. “Obviously, Zach and Kovy had a few nice plays out there, but it’s the same thing again. We’ve got to maybe bear down a bit more in the third there with the lead.”

DeBoer liked the way all three players on the line played. They combined for three goals and four assists.

“All three of those guys, I thought offensively were very good,” DeBoer said.

After not registering a point in his first four games of the season, Henrique has 23 points in his last 22 games.

BrodeurRULES 12-13-2011 07:39 AM

Let's Go Devils!!!!!

Time for pay back now that they came back to earth!!!!

Wait: Moose again? Just wondering if you know something I didn't is all.

JerseyGuy276 12-13-2011 08:00 AM

Win! Win! Win! Win! Win! Win!!!

MadDog172430 12-13-2011 08:04 AM

Another Devils Game?

http://gifsoup.com/view1/1757912/can-t-wait-o.gif

Let's make up for the last time we were there. Pick up 4 out of 4 in Florida! Let's Go Devils!

Henrique Iglesias 12-13-2011 08:06 AM

Lgd!!!!

MasterofGrond 12-13-2011 08:15 AM

Let's have a win where we take the lead early and then don't give up goals in the 3rd period. Please.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* 12-13-2011 08:15 AM

I'll bet my last dollar that Foster will be playing instead of Urbom tonight. Any takers :naughty:

Chessarmy 12-13-2011 08:50 AM

I can't believe what Henrique has turned out to be. I remember the beginning of the season, thinking about how invisible he was, and now he's putting up points playing with our two best players

Saugus 12-13-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterofGrond (Post 40868251)
Let's have a win where we take the lead early and then don't give up goals in the 3rd period. Please.

I think we've had one of those all season. Bit too much to ask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY (Post 40868259)
I'll bet my last dollar that Foster will be playing instead of Urbom tonight. Any takers :naughty:

No bet. That's my guess too. If Urbom does play, however, he will probably have his minutes cut again. Last night he only played 10 minutes.

MasterofGrond 12-13-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saugus (Post 40869105)
I think we've had one of those all season. Bit too much to ask.

A man can dream, though. A man can dream.

devsfan4life 12-13-2011 09:54 AM

Let's go devils!!! Win this back to back please. That would be nice of you.

MartyOwns 12-13-2011 10:09 AM

blatant obscenities worked last time, so...

try to not **** it up, you ******** group of **** kicking ********. oh and by the way, when youre ******* each ******** opposites **** ********** **** for brains, try pulling out and not **** the ******** **** stained *********** for a change.

The Grinder 12-13-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessarmy (Post 40869043)
I can't believe what Henrique has turned out to be. I remember the beginning of the season, thinking about how invisible he was, and now he's putting up points playing with our two best players

He's a gamer alright.

It was encouraging to see him produce with every line he has been on. Shows his results are not tied to Zach and Kovy. Best surprise of the season.

Please win.

Cowbell232 12-13-2011 10:12 AM

Well, we scored some goals last night... but we also let in quite a bunch.

I'd really like to see a nice 6-2 kind of game real soon.

NJDEVIL 12-13-2011 10:13 AM

very curious to see how this turns out. Marty is on thin ice if you ask me. DeBoer knows he has the horses to score but does he want to trade goals? Our poor defensive positioning has cost Marty just as well as his own softies. I'm betting Marty has a bad game and unless we stay ahead or keep pace he gets pulled.

kyle evs48 12-13-2011 10:16 AM

Let's go boys.

Cowbell232 12-13-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDEVIL (Post 40871487)
very curious to see how this turns out. Marty is on thin ice if you ask me. DeBoer knows he has the horses to score but does he want to trade goals? Our poor defensive positioning has cost Marty just as well as his own softies. I'm betting Marty has a bad game and unless we stay ahead or keep pace he gets pulled.

Why on earth would you want to bet that Marty has a bad game? That's not cool dude, :laugh:

EliasFTW 12-13-2011 10:21 AM

Lgd!

Lou's Koolaid 12-13-2011 10:22 AM

Ok this is duoable. Win one for the coach that allows you to forecheck giving you a system thats more fun for you to play and us to watch. LGD!!!

Saugus 12-13-2011 10:22 AM

We'll need to shut down that dangerous top line of theirs. The failure to do that was what sank us last time.

NJDEVIL 12-13-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowbell232 (Post 40871617)
Why on earth would you want to bet that Marty has a bad game? That's not cool dude, :laugh:

It's not easy LoL I'm a little depressed watching him give up bad goals and get pulled. I hope he retires but if hes not happy with money, he'll be playing somewhere else next year I think. No way in hell SHOULD we give him another contract. Put him up in the front office and shape him up for GM.

Getzo5 12-13-2011 10:28 AM

Let`s start the same way we did last time. Finish differently.

LGD!

Darius Dangleaitis 12-13-2011 10:31 AM

Get it done.

Rob Nieds work ethic 12-13-2011 10:31 AM

Awesome. Keep winning.

Let's go Devils!:handclap:

Wingman77 12-13-2011 10:40 AM

If Foster does play tonight, I wouldn't be suprised if Urbom is the scratch