HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Tomas Tatar call up! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1055423)

Kyleftlx 12-15-2011 07:17 AM

Tomas Tatar call up!
 
https://twitter.com/#!/Trto90/status/147288397835288576

According to that tweet made by Tatar himself, Detroit called him up. I'm not sure if this is completely deserving of its own thread, but I made one anyways! :yo:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....r_out_two.html

Quote:

The Red Wings recalled forward Tomas Tatar from the Grand Rapids Griffins for precautionary reasons. Holland said another player, whom he would not identify, has a minor injury and might not be able to play tonight at Nashville (8 p.m., Fox Sports Net Detroit).

If that player can't play, Tatar will be in the lineup. If that player can play, Tatar will rejoin the Griffins in Cleveland.

"We got a player (other than Conner) that just got hurt the other day,'' Holland said. "We think he can play (tonight). If he can't play, we got to have a player here (as insurance). That player felt better yesterday, we'll see how he feels at the skate (today)."

Filppula 12-15-2011 07:22 AM

What the?? Why? We already have 13 forwards. And why not Nyquist?

Does this mean he'll be in the line-up tonight, at who's expense?

Pneuma 12-15-2011 07:25 AM

It could be that they're giving everyone a look to see who would be ready for a call-up should the need arise due to injury. Or, looking further down the line, who would be the ideal candidates to bring up for the playoffs.

Henkka 12-15-2011 07:37 AM

I was thinking that Homer will rest a back-to-back game, but there's no back-to-back game.

I think somebody has some minor injury.

zecke26 12-15-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filppula (Post 40976529)
And why not Nyquist?

would you want a guy with the flu around your pro team?

after a real **** start, tatar came back strong. he deserves this call by working hard.

mindfly 12-15-2011 07:43 AM

No more injuries :(

Filppula 12-15-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26 (Post 40976779)
would you want a guy with the flu around your pro team?

after a real **** start, tatar came back strong. he deserves this call by working hard.

True, forgot about that.

Why not Amadio?? He's been playing F for GR. :sarcasm:

FabricDetails 12-15-2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filppula (Post 40976529)
What the?? Why? We already have 13 forwards. And why not Nyquist?

Does this mean he'll be in the line-up tonight, at who's expense?

Flu bug ain't no joke. Darn Nyquist and his disgusting germs.

zecke26 12-15-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filppula (Post 40976833)
Why not Amadio?? He's been playing F for GR. :sarcasm:

he's so good, he can play every position. next time joey mac gets injured again, amadio would be my choice for the goalie. :D

Filppula 12-15-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26 (Post 40976933)
he's so good, he can play every position. next time joey mac gets injured again, amadio would be my choice for the goalie. :D

And if Fraser catches the flu bug too, Amadio to coach. Although in saying that, he'd probably be no worse. :D

ProPAIN 12-15-2011 07:59 AM

That's great news for Tatar, but if it's to play 5 minutes with no PP time, then big ****ing whoop. If he takes Hudler's spot on the second line on the other hand...we'll see tonight.

FabricDetails 12-15-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPAIN (Post 40977031)
That's great news for Tatar, but if it's to play 5 minutes with no PP time, then big ****ing whoop. If he takes Hudler's spot on the second line on the other hand...we'll see tonight.

If that were to occur, wouldn't that be the 2nd time that's happened this season? Didn't Hudler get healthy scratched for a game so that Nyquist could play?

FabricDetails 12-15-2011 08:07 AM

Conner is on IR. Boooooo....

Big Poppa Puck 12-15-2011 08:11 AM

Conner to IR. When did he get hurt?

I hope Tatar plays tonight and doesn't just sit in the press box and watch Emmerton.

Frozen Fiend 12-15-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FabricDetails (Post 40977181)
Conner is on IR. Boooooo....

What??@?@?@?!?@/32/132.2l3knkhjnb kjhb2ljhbkj hgKHJBSD JKvb JHBCS KGHVDSX KHGSDVBSVCSK HFVS KHDJBSCJLHBCJLSHVGC HGJX VVCIHGCVJKBSVJHSHJHJSHSHJSHBSHHKJNFFFFFFFF.

mindfly 12-15-2011 08:24 AM

Here comes the start of the 249th losing streak of the season

Tatar might not end up playing because there's another player with a minor injury who might or might not play. Tatar is only insurance


Quote:

Holland said Emmerton will play tonight.
Ugh...

MissNHL 12-15-2011 08:39 AM

Tartar is called up for precaution because a player (Holland won't say who) is a little banged up. That player is deciding today at morning skate if he is playing or not. Emmerton is in tonight.

FabricDetails 12-15-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfly (Post 40977489)
Here comes the start of the 249th losing streak of the season

Tatar might not end up playing because there's another player with a minor injury who might or might not play. Tatar is only insurance




Ugh...

Would the lineup look better to you if Tatar took Hudler's spot?

VM1138 12-15-2011 08:50 AM

Would much rather have Tatar get a shot than Emmerton. Emmerton has already proven he's just sort of a filler. Tatar has a spot in the Top 6 waiting for him in future years, we need to get him ready soon as possible.

Huddy* 12-15-2011 08:53 AM

wow so we as a board now are gonna comment on a twitter thread posted by a player (real or not) without the league, a reliable source on twitter or a media outlet posting it first?

this is not real until its confirmed by the Wings and by Dregger or someone reliable on twitter with connections to the NHL

mindfly 12-15-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Whale (Post 40978113)
wow so we as a board now are gonna comment on a twitter thread posted by a player (real or not) without the league, a reliable source on twitter or a media outlet posting it first?

this is not real until its confirmed by the Wings and by Dregger or someone reliable on twitter with connections to the NHL

Not sure if serious.....


Check mlive, there are quotes from The GM there.

MissNHL 12-15-2011 09:10 AM

Does an article with a lovely quote by Ken Holland credible enough for you?

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....r_out_two.html

zecke26 12-15-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Whale (Post 40978113)
this is not real until its confirmed by the Wings and by Dregger or someone reliable on twitter with connections to the NHL

besides being confirmed elsewhere already, don't you think the player himself is connected to the NHL even more than any journalist? ;)

imagine a player tweeting he's called up and it's not true. what do you think would the team do with him? no one will joke here. if tatar confirms he's called up, then he's called up.

Huddy* 12-15-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26 (Post 40978505)
besides being confirmed elsewhere already, don't you think the player himself is connected to the NHL even more than any journalist? ;)

imagine a player tweeting he's called up and it's not true. what do you think would the team do with him? no one will joke here. if tatar confirms he's called up, then he's called up.

Given their are Millions of fake twitter accounts, it wouldnt shock me if some bone head from Detroit did this to create a joke...

Checked more on RW.com and Mlive after I saw post and its true...

All I was saying was that the Mods should have linked another cred. source to confirm this as Twitter sometimes isnt the most reliable when dealing with Sports Players...

Majority of them have the word "real" before their names on Twitter...

All I was saying

kuick 12-15-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Whale (Post 40978819)
Given their are Millions of fake twitter accounts, it wouldnt shock me if some bone head from Detroit did this to create a joke...

Checked more on RW.com and Mlive after I saw post and its true...

All I was saying was that the Mods should have linked another cred. source to confirm this as Twitter sometimes isnt the most reliable when dealing with Sports Players...

Majority of them have the word "real" before their names on Twitter...

All I was saying

His account is most definitely him. Been confirmed by many credible sources including his teammates. (Guys like Emmerton, Smith, official RW twitter)

Sure there are fake ones out there for some players, but it's usually pretty easy to tell. This thread wouldn't exist if it was a fake account.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.