HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Speculation: Hawks 2011-12 Rumor , Speculation , Trade Proposal , etc thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1055955)

Blackhawkswincup 12-15-2011 09:40 PM

Hawks 2011-12 Rumor , Speculation , Trade Proposal , etc thread
 
Figured there is enough talk about trades and roster as well as trade ideas that one thread like other boards for discussion wouldn't be a bad thing

I would like to see Gleason in Hawks uniform ,, Make it happen Stan!

If trades do occur we will still dedicate threads to discussion of those particluar moves ,, Just use this to talk about your ideas , Rumors , etc while we wait patiently for something to happen

Judrix 12-15-2011 10:20 PM

well I think we could use a 2C and/or a solid 5th defensman. We have an abundance of prospects, Bickell, and picks to use...maybe Frolik as well.

with a 2nd line C

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-2nd C-Hossa
Brunette-Bolland-Kruger???
Carcillo-Mayers-Frolik/Bickell

solid

Blackhawkswincup 12-15-2011 10:24 PM

^
Kruger is natural center why force him to play out of position?

And Brunette on 3rd line is a disaster with his lack of skating ability/speed/defense

Judrix 12-15-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 41013877)
^
Kruger is natural center why force him to play out of position?

And Brunette on 3rd line is a disaster with his lack of skating ability/speed/defense

yeah I got kind of confused once I hit the 3rd line. Realized now 4th line should be:

Brunette-Kruger-Mayers

3rd line:

Smith-Bolland-Frolik

wow I forgot Ben Smith haha.

HockeySensible 12-15-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 41013877)
^
Kruger is natural center why force him to play out of position?

And Brunette on 3rd line is a disaster with his lack of skating ability/speed/defense

We didn't have a problem winning the Cup with a natural winger in the middle. You're not "forcing" anyone into anything. If it works it sticks, if not you try something else. If we were to aquire a 2nd line centre, the only way Kruger stays in the top 9 is on the wing.

sketch22 12-16-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judrix (Post 41013519)
well I think we could use a 2C and/or a solid 5th defensman. We have an abundance of prospects, Bickell, and picks to use...maybe Frolik as well.

with a 2nd line C

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-2nd C-Hossa
Brunette-Bolland-Kruger???
Carcillo-Mayers-Frolik/Bickell

solid

I wouldn't put Bruno on the third line. The limited time he has had with Bolland this year has been some of his worst. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Bruno get some more shifts with Kruger and Hossa. In the last few games when those three have been on the ice together they have been rather effective at controlling the puck down low, generating chances, and pinning the other team in their own zone.

HockeySensible 12-16-2011 12:17 AM

Kruger/Brunette just seem to work well in general. Both cycle the puck well, and Brunette's great at soft little touch passes behind and around the net. I wouldn't want him in the top 6 though. Because he's such a liability 5-on-5 due to his skating, he has to remain on the 4th line.

Gootie 12-16-2011 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 41014207)
We didn't have a problem winning the Cup with a natural winger in the middle. You're not "forcing" anyone into anything. If it works it sticks, if not you try something else. If we were to aquire a 2nd line centre, the only way Kruger stays in the top 9 is on the wing.

Sharp was developed as a center.

Illinihockey 12-16-2011 10:07 AM

My wish list is a 2 way 3rd line winger and a 2nd line center. I think a large part of the Hawks bad defense this year lies at the feet of the forwards.

Recoil 12-16-2011 10:53 AM

Boy, Kyle Turris sure has been ripping **** up since he signed his new deal and ended his holdout eh? Now there are trade rumors floating around. Get the feeling that he alienated himself from his team, and now they want him gone because he isn't doing much?

Let's avoid him please.

DisgruntledHawkFan 12-16-2011 12:14 PM

I wouldn't mind Kruger on wing. If you can play center you should be able to play wing.

Sevanston 12-16-2011 12:25 PM

I think Kruger actually did play wing for a while in the SEL.

I just don't remember who his linemates were or how well he did there.

digdug41982 12-16-2011 01:12 PM

I've thought all year that they should try Kruger as a third line winger. I think he'd do well there and you'd see more offense from him.

Bubba88 12-16-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevanston (Post 41035289)
I think Kruger actually did play wing for a while in the SEL.

I just don't remember who his linemates were or how well he did there.

He played with Jacob Josefsson (NJD) and ??? the first SEL year and I know that he played on a line with Engqvist (MTL) and ??? as Winger.


Krüger could play 3rd line Wing, but if the Hawks want him as Center they should let him develop there. Right now he plays on the 2nd line and after the TD he will be back on the 4th line as Center.

BBSeabs27 12-16-2011 07:48 PM

What if the hawks traded for Magnus Paajarvi? Good LW that would fill that top 6 role in the near future...well now that I think about it, we have Brandon Saad....idk. MP > Saad??

Jeffrey Lebowski 12-16-2011 08:16 PM

From what I understand, MPS's offensive game hasn't been very impressive on the Oilers. Of course his defensive game is pretty well-tuned but not sure exactly what his deal is. Maybe he's just on a poor team and has to develop his offensive game more?

Not sure if I'd say that either Saad or MPS are better than the other, but I'm looking forward to seeing Saad on our team... which I think will be sooner rather than later.

HockeySensible 12-16-2011 08:24 PM

MPS is all speed to the outside. That's his problem.

I would not trade Saad for him.

Jeffrey Lebowski 12-16-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 41053275)
MPS is all speed to the outside. That's his problem.

I would not trade Saad for him.

So he's Viktor Stalberg with a solid defensive game? I've heard more Hossa comparisons... :sarcasm:

Blackhawkswincup 12-16-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 (Post 41051579)
What if the hawks traded for Magnus Paajarvi? Good LW that would fill that top 6 role in the near future...well now that I think about it, we have Brandon Saad....idk. MP > Saad??

When exactly did Magnus Paajarvi become a good LW?

In the NHL he has been nothing impressive and isn't NHL ready (Shouldn't have been playing in NHL in first place IMO as he wasn't ready)

Last year 80 GP = 15 G + 19 assists for 34 pts while -13
This year 25 GP = 0 G + 3 assists for 3 pts while -2

HockeySensible 12-16-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski (Post 41053571)
So he's Viktor Stalberg with a solid defensive game? I've heard more Hossa comparisons... :sarcasm:

Yep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 40367885)
Why does everyone keep comparing Paajarvi to Hossa? I'm sorry, I've seen him play 7-9 times since joining the league and I just don't see it. He's a smaller Stalberg, with better hands and slightly better hockey sense.. neither can finish. He has potential, but he doesn't have potential to be as good as Hossa is/was and certainly doesn't play as physical a game.


Bubba88 12-17-2011 10:30 AM

MPS would be good for the bottom 6 if he would come cheap.

BBSeabs27 12-17-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 41053871)
When exactly did Magnus Paajarvi become a good LW?

In the NHL he has been nothing impressive and isn't NHL ready (Shouldn't have been playing in NHL in first place IMO as he wasn't ready)

Last year 80 GP = 15 G + 19 assists for 34 pts while -13
This year 25 GP = 0 G + 3 assists for 3 pts while -2

Still needs seasoning then, but sounds like a good 3rd liner. Get rid of Bickell and put in MPS.

brtriad 12-17-2011 01:30 PM

Paajarvi's comparison to Stalberg begins and ends with their nationalities, their size, and their speed.

He's already solid defensively, has a great work ethic by all accounts, battles strong in the corners, and most importantly he is strong bringing the puck to the net. That along with his size and speed are what make him a good comparison to Hossa. I've said it a dozen times before that Hossa would make a perfect mentor to model his game after.

Bubba88 12-18-2011 06:47 AM

Just happy that we haven't traded Olsen (?) + 2nd for Turris...

GGGHawks18 12-18-2011 12:00 PM

Kings are looking real bad. What would it take to pry Jack Johnson away from them?

To LAK
LW Bryan Bickell
D Shawn LaLonde
2nd

To Chi
Jack Johnson


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.