HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Any pregame hangout bar before devils game at rock (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1056333)

rambler725 12-16-2011 01:28 PM

Any pregame hangout bar before devils game at rock

Is there any bar near the rock that rangers fans hang out at before rangers- devils games. Would like to know a few back with fellow blueshirters before next Tuesday's game. Thanks

GAGLine 12-16-2011 01:45 PM

There's only 1 bar that I know of nearby. It's just down the street from the front entrance, going away from the train station. I forget the name of it, but they have really good wings.

cj225 12-16-2011 02:26 PM

So I see my husband was accidentally using my account!

See below for his response and I can tell you both are good places.

TonyTheGr8 12-16-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambler725 (Post 41038111)
Is there any bar near the rock that rangers fans hang out at before rangers- devils games. Would like to know a few back with fellow blueshirters before next Tuesday's game. Thanks

They are no Rangers specific ones, but Hellz Kitchen is awesome. Have some of the best burgers I've ever had in my life, and really good wings. My wife's a season ticket holder for the Devils and we go there all the time. They'll be some Rangers fans there, but it's definitely more Devils. But as long as you're civil and not a dick, you'll be fine! :laugh:

Edison Ale House is another good one, right across from the Rock. Was just there about an hour ago, cause I had to take the Mrs. there to cover the Niedermayer press conference (she's a volunteer for the Devils generals). Another good place, had a grilled balsamic sandwich on a chibatta roll, and sweet potato fries with brown sugar on them...YUMMY!!!

TonyTheGr8 12-16-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj225 (Post 41040735)
So I see my husband was accidentally using my account!

See below for his response and I can tell you both are good places.

Lol..whoops. :laugh:

ogie 12-16-2011 02:53 PM

there is a park just a few blocks north of the rock. it's a lovely place remember anything more than '2 for 5' and you are getting ripped off.

NyRangers88 12-16-2011 07:11 PM

I'm still trying to get tickets for face value somehow haha

CharlestownChiefsESC 12-17-2011 12:54 AM

STAY AWAY I REAPEAT STAY AWAY FROM HELLS KITCHEN.
1. Its a Devils bar
2. The staff and owner are very disrespectful people

If you want a good bar hit mmm bellos pub on market street. literally right across from newark penn. Good burgers, good variety of tap beer, and over 100 bottled beers.

nyrmetros 12-17-2011 09:30 AM

I second MMBellos as a great place to eat and drink on the cheap.

chamberhands 12-18-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogie (Post 41041941)
there is a park just a few blocks north of the rock. it's a lovely place remember anything more than '2 for 5' and you are getting ripped off.

Oh Staten Island....................... Such unfortunate souls.

NYRFAN218 12-18-2011 01:23 AM

I popped in Hells once or twice before a game and it looks like a solid place. Kind of small though and it can get crowded quick.

TonyTheGr8 12-19-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlestownChiefsESC (Post 41069049)
STAY AWAY I REAPEAT STAY AWAY FROM HELLS KITCHEN.
1. Its a Devils bar
2. The staff and owner are very disrespectful people

If you want a good bar hit mmm bellos pub on market street. literally right across from newark penn. Good burgers, good variety of tap beer, and over 100 bottled beers.

As a Rangers fan, I disagree with that last part. Yes, it IS a Devils bar..but I have never had a problem with the staff or owners. Again, if you are not a dick, you will be fine.

nyrmetros 12-19-2011 01:21 PM

Any cheap tickets for the game?

pavelich 12-19-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmetros (Post 41073995)
I second MMBellos as a great place to eat and drink on the cheap.

I third MMMBellos. Excellent bottled microbrews for less than you'd pay for a Bud in Manhattan. :cheers:

ogie 12-19-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chamberhands (Post 41130439)
Oh Staten Island....................... Such unfortunate souls.

yes we are because we have to live with the stink from new jersey wafting across the water.

Silence Of The Plams 12-19-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogie (Post 41187079)
yes we are because we have to live with the stink from new jersey wafting across the water.

That's actually the garbage hill your house is on...Oh Staten Island... :shakehead

bscharf 12-19-2011 03:52 PM

What do you think the ratio of Devils to Rangers fans will be. Im looking to buy tickets today and im just curious

NYRFAN218 12-19-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bscharf (Post 41189691)
What do you think the ratio of Devils to Rangers fans will be. Im looking to buy tickets today and im just curious

Majority of the arena will be Devil fans but there will be a good turnout of Ranger fans like there usually is. All three games I went to last year there were more Devil fans. The most Ranger fans was the game in December where the Devils basically hit rock bottom and I'd say there was between 40 and 50 percent Ranger fans.

NyRangers88 12-19-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bscharf (Post 41189691)

It's defiantly not like Nassau Coliseum where we dominate the building, but a good portion of the crowd will be in blue. I'm expecting a lot of Ranger fans there for sure.

WeWillWinTonight 12-19-2011 05:21 PM

I usually drive in but going to try LIRR and Penn to Newark Penn. Any suggestions or advice abOut this trip

rambler725 12-19-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight (Post 41193955)
I usually drive in but going to try LIRR and Penn to Newark Penn. Any suggestions or advice abOut this trip

Once you get off LIRR any NJ transit will stop at Newark so there is one leaving every 5 minutes or so during rush hour..you must buy ticket for train in advance or get with $5 surcharge...once at newark follow the hockey jerseys two blocks to the Prudential Center. If raining take indoor gateway plaza walkway which starts at Penn Station and ends across the street from Rock....beware some devils fans can get rowdy towards the blueshirt crowd but it does take two to tango (honestly we treat them better at MSG even though there are very few that show for Rangers-Devils games at MSG). But all in all it is a fun festive rivalry nite. I will be there wearing the blue.

MugatuNYR 12-19-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambler725 (Post 41194317)
Once you get off LIRR any NJ transit will stop at Newark so there is one leaving every 5 minutes or so during rush hour..you must buy ticket for train in advance or get with $5 surcharge...once at newark follow the hockey jerseys two blocks to the Prudential Center. If raining take indoor gateway plaza walkway which starts at Penn Station and ends across the street from Rock....beware some devils fans can get rowdy towards the blueshirt crowd but it does take two to tango (honestly we treat them better at MSG even though there are very few that show for Rangers-Devils games at MSG). But all in all it is a fun festive rivalry nite. I will be there wearing the blue.

Unless you're looking for trouble nobody is going to bother you. This isn't Philadelphia.

NYRFAN218 12-19-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Yeah the gateway walkway is quicker too probably. The PATH is also an option if you want and it is cheaper. After you get off at Penn, just walk a block from MSG to 32nd and 6th and you'll see the entrances for the PATH either through the Manhattan Mall or in front of the park. You have to take the Journal Square train, get off at Journal Square, and then transfer for the Newark train. It'll let you off at Newark Penn which is where NJ Transit would leave you as well. It's pretty quick too since it will be during rush hour.

WeWillWinTonight 12-19-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the info seems to be more convenient than driving and worrying about traffic and parking.

chamberhands 12-19-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogie (Post 41187079)

No one likes you Staten Island. NYC tries to disown & pawn you off on New Jersey at every turn. New Jersey responds with a collective rolling of the eyes & sucking of the teeth. Yuck.

Staten Island :shakehead Don't want.