HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Turris traded to Ottawa (confirmed) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1057111)

shai04 12-17-2011 01:15 PM

Turris traded to Ottawa (confirmed)

per @TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
PHX trades Kyle Turris to OTT.

per @JSportsnet John Shannon
as per @SunGarrioch ...Turris now a Senator for young Swede David Runblad and a 2nd round pick.

Done Deal.

Discuss how your wizard of a GM turned a crying baby into actual prospects who want less than 4M per season.

Naych_PHX 12-17-2011 01:17 PM

Welp. Rundbald is still a decent D prospect eh? And there's the 2nd.

SpinTheBlackCircle 12-17-2011 01:18 PM

Great return.

Christmas Day type return.

AZcoyotes33 12-17-2011 01:21 PM

WOW i honestly dont know how GMDM got a legit Dman prospect in Rundblad AND a 2nd round pick.

A little confused as why we went with yet ANOTHER dman. Our defense is STACKED for years to come. Hopefully this doesnt mean Klesla's injury is worse than originally thought.

Very impressed by the return to be quite honest. GO YOTES

Zitter63 12-17-2011 01:27 PM

Great return, but I as well am surprised we got a dman. What's even better is reading the Ottawa fans lose their **** on their board ;-)

BillyShoe1721 12-17-2011 01:28 PM

Yandle-Gormley
OEL-Rundblad
Summers-Goncharov
Murphy, Schlemko

STACKED

Swat Ultra 12-17-2011 01:29 PM

DM screwed them with this one,

GOOD BYE TOURIST

shai04 12-17-2011 01:30 PM

That young defense in Phoenix is a joy to behold. Yandle, Gormley, OEL, Schlemko, and Runblad.

Now if only it looked that deep up front... I wonder if this trade leads to another. Maybe you can get rid of Derrek "the human hand grenade" Morris.

Blubba Jenkins 12-17-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZcoyotes33 (Post 41084991)
WOW i honestly dont know how GMDM got a legit Dman prospect in Rundblad AND a 2nd round pick.

A little confused as why we went with yet ANOTHER dman. Our defense is STACKED for years to come. Hopefully this doesnt mean Klesla's injury is worse than originally thought.

Very impressed by the return to be quite honest. GO YOTES

It's pretty easy to overlook needs when one team is offering ridiculous value.

I like Rundblad, but his D needs some work. Probably will go to Portland.

Summers
Goncharov
Gormley
Murphy
Rundblad

We should probably move one of those.

Bandit34 12-17-2011 01:33 PM

GM Maloney...you make me speechless....

AZcoyotes 12-17-2011 01:34 PM

I love you DM

Kaizen 12-17-2011 01:34 PM

Does Rundblad play in Phoenix or is he sent to Portland for a little seasoning?

Barring further injury troubles, that's an awful deep blue line.

mitch27 12-17-2011 01:34 PM

<---- Changed my avatar to this a few weeks ago. Maybe I'm psychic? :laugh:

In all honesty, I'm absolutely ecstatic with this trade. Maloney is an absolute mastermind!

SpinTheBlackCircle 12-17-2011 01:35 PM

A team like the Oilers with good talent up front, but not much in the back would be a good trade partner.

WantEggRoll 12-17-2011 01:35 PM

Man we're still waiting to see if that is exactly the trade that went down, but honestly enjoy this kid guys.

Rundlbad is struggling a bit so far after having to learn on the smaller NA ice surface. Watch out though he is going to be damn good. Our entire board is pretty pissed over this deal.

Builditagain* 12-17-2011 01:35 PM

Good! Now call Sully back up and get the chemistry back!:handclap:

Arkansas Shark 12-17-2011 01:35 PM

Great deal for PHX.

Colt45Blast 12-17-2011 01:36 PM

On paper it looks like we won the trade but then there is what actually happens. No doubt a big gamble here by Murrary while we got ourselves a great former 1st round prospect who is getting better and better with each passing season plus a 2nd rounder too.

Waldo 12-17-2011 01:39 PM

Rundblad is a 21 year old rightshooting offensive Dman with the worst +/- on the team. He is still developing and will be a significant player for the Coyotes. For now though, he is weak defensively and will cause Tipp some major headaches. Add Gormely and the D will have OEL, Yandle, and Rundblad as a really mobile offensive core that will be the envy of every team 2 or 3 years from now. An extra 2nd rounder is great. However, the Coyotes are still short on skilled offensive forwards to make use of the highly mobile, skilled offensive Dmen. Turris wasn't contibuting and Aucoin and Morris are near the end of their usefulness. All in all a decent trade. Their still is no guarantee that Turris will break out.

Bleach Clean 12-17-2011 01:40 PM

Outsider's perspective: Masterful trade by Maloney. It's normally hard to gauge success across positions so him picking up a dman was genius. Takes all the pressure off Rundblad from living up to the return for Turris. Totally different position, totally different expectations.

Also, getting D is the best way to maintain roster costs. Cheap D allows strong flexibility with with cap space as they usually take up a disproportionate amount of salary compared to forwards.

This trade has every chance of turning out to be a major win for Phoenix. Rundblad is a strong prospect and the 2nd is icing.

shai04 12-17-2011 01:41 PM

As an Oilers' season ticket holder... I can tell you... we do need to trade a scoring forward (we have way way too many) for something on the back end.

I just do not know if I want GMDM fleecing the Oil too.

AZcoyotes 12-17-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 41085645)
Yandle-Gormley
OEL-Rundblad
Summers-Goncharov
Murphy, Schlemko

STACKED

Ohhh myyyy goooddddd

Telos 12-17-2011 01:44 PM

You guys just smoked Ottawa. I am very concerned about your defensive core now :P That is a dream of a return on Turris, I would argue the best you could have possibly hoped for. Wow.

NinjaSlap 12-17-2011 01:46 PM

Enjoy Rundblad guys, I'm going to miss him on the Sens.

kingbrutis 12-17-2011 01:47 PM

We wont really know if this is a great trade till years in the future. Hopefully the team is still here.
Reading the Sens fans freaking out has made my day.