HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ron Wilson needs to be fired! 4 years of Failure. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1057513)

T M L 12-17-2011 09:42 PM

Ron Wilson needs to be fired! 4 years of Failure.

Ron Wilson is an arrogant overrated coach. How is he still behind the bench? This guy has to go! The team clearly does not want to play for him.

He was voted the most hated coach in the NHL by players all over the league. The Leafs will continue to miss the playoffs as long as he is in Toronto.

This Leafs team needs a change of scenery behind the bench. If Burke continues to make excuses and protect his best friend Wilson then he should also be fired. 4 years of failure and excuses from Wilson.

The city of Toronto deserves better than this. Its a joke.

StarBurns RIP 12-17-2011 09:44 PM

Funny thing about alcohol...

Duffman955 12-17-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T M L (Post 41117829)
Ron Wilson is an arrogant overrated coach. How is he still behind the bench? This guy has to go! The team clearly does not want to play for him.

He was voted the most hated coach in the NHL by players all over the league. The Leafs will continue to miss the playoffs as long as he is in Toronto.

This Leafs team needs a change of scenery behind the bench. If Burke continues to make excuses and protect his best friend Wilson then he should also be fired. 4 years of failure and excuses from Wilson.

The city of Toronto deserves better than this. Its a joke.

Leafs don't need a change of scenery, we need better systems, and RW has failed to provide this

He has to go, if we wanna make playoffs

Bauxjangles 12-17-2011 09:45 PM

cool story bro.

Crispy Crust 12-17-2011 09:45 PM

We can only hope.

Hyperglide 12-17-2011 09:45 PM

After these 2 games. No doubt. But you think Burkie and his 'morals' and 'principals,' is going to do that?

Let's Sam Mitchell his ass.

vezna* 12-17-2011 09:46 PM

i'm shaking my head if he gets an extension.

love burke but his faith on wilson is questionable.

Mansfield 12-17-2011 09:49 PM

just wait till they win the next game, you'll feel better then

Sad Panda 12-17-2011 09:49 PM

Well, at least he's consistent...

DPyro 12-17-2011 09:50 PM

Burkes not going to fire the coach at Christmas.

T M L 12-17-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sad Panda (Post 41118703)
Well, at least he's consistent...

LOL, That was good.

Burke is going to have to be fired to get that poor excuse of a coach Ron Wilson out!

Pi 12-17-2011 09:51 PM

I just want to see Burke trying to justify that a coaching change is not needed :laugh:

garce 12-17-2011 09:54 PM

Well no extension til the end of season then?

YearsintheWilderness 12-17-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi (Post 41118919)
I just want to see Burke trying to justify that a coaching change is not needed :laugh:

Burke said a few days ago that Wilson is his number one star on the Leafs.

Among other things, Burke is about arrogance and stubbornness.

Leafs fans need to engage in some reverse psychology. Hold a huge rally insisting that Wilson be extended for another decade. Rain abuse on Burke on call-in shows, stating that he is not giving Wilson enough support.

Wilson would be gone in a week.

Penalty Kill Icing* 12-17-2011 09:57 PM

Watch him get 3 years extension before end of December.:help:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi (Post 41118919)

Same ol' no snipe from players yet.

shart 12-17-2011 10:00 PM

My Avatar suggests where this season is going. I wanted a change last year. Maybe I will get my wish this year.

andrewmn 12-17-2011 10:01 PM

Burke stock is dropping. It's easy to be a blowhard when you're winning.

Wilson has to be feeling heat as he reads about the coach bloodletting going on around the league.

Swervin81 12-17-2011 10:02 PM

Wilson doesn't know what defensive discipline is and as a result are players are running amok (A-M-O-O-K :sarcasm:) in the zone. As long as D'antoni is around, this will not change.

TheOneArmedMan 12-17-2011 10:11 PM

4 years of the worst penalty killing failure is the main reason he should be fired. The powerplay has much improved under the new assistant coaches, so there needs to be a change with the head coach.

Rusty545 12-17-2011 10:16 PM

I dont understand why there would be extention talks for him when the Leafs are struggling to hold a playoff spot. I'm not saying lets fire him but they sould at least wait until the team stabilizes.

contour 12-17-2011 10:43 PM

Although Ron Wilson has shown why he is capable of being a good coach to develop our players, it's time for a change. I don't want him fired though, just not have his contract renewed. Dallas Eakins should be up here.

Brewsky 12-17-2011 10:58 PM

I actually don't even care if he makes the playoffs, I just want him gone, tired of his ****. We need a new coach...now who's the man for the job? Eakins? Pat Burns Jr? TIE DOMI!!!!

The Mentalist 12-17-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by contour (Post 41123887)
Although Ron Wilson has shown why he is capable of being a good coach to develop our players, it's time for a change. I don't want him fired though, just not have his contract renewed. Dallas Eakins should be up here.

I know you didn't say this exactly, but:

I don't understand why people say Wilson gets credit for developing our young players, seems to me Eakins has really been more of a positive influence on them, in particular Reimer, Kadri, and Colborne. Wilson has mismanaged Kadri, and Schenn hasn't progressed as well as I have hoped through his 4 years as a Leaf. Kessel, um maybe, but I credit this to health and his own maturity at 24, Just how much credit Wilson deserves, maybe some, but not nearly as much as people seem to think he does.

thewave 12-17-2011 11:03 PM

Here is to hoping the leafs lose enough games that we get a new Coach. If Burke doesn't do it, fire him as well. I would not hesitate to fire the lot of them.

Penalty Kill Icing* 12-17-2011 11:08 PM

Burke has a coach with whom he won the cup available in market. Burke also has a great coach in the minors. Kind of sad that we have great options on hand, but it won't change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theremedial (Post 41125059)
Here is to hoping the leafs lose enough games that we get a new Coach. If Burke doesn't do it, fire him as well. I would not hesitate to fire the lot of them.

Now we are the owners. We should stop paying bills to Rogers and Bell unless they fire Burke. :sarcasm:

EDIT: Got to love Leafs Nation. One new RW thread, for a locked RW thread. :clap: