HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   GDT: Columbus at St. Louis | 12/18 7PM EST | "Louis C.K." Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1057917)

Samkow 12-18-2011 09:11 AM

Columbus at St. Louis | 12/18 7PM EST | "Louis C.K." Edition

http://cdn.nhl.com/bluejackets/images/logos/large.png at http://cdn.nhl.com/blues/images/logos/large.png

7:00 PM
Scottrade Center
St. Louis, Missouri

http://media.web.britannica.com/eb-m...4-24410F65.jpg

http://cdn.nhl.com/bluejackets/images/logos/large.png

Lines
Prospal-Carter-Nash
Umberger-Letestu-Johansen
Vermette-Brassard-Dorsett
MacKenzie-Pahlsson-Boll

Tyutin-Nikitin
Methot-Wisniewski
Moore-Clitsome

Sanford
Mason

Inactive
Byers, Johnson

http://cdn.nhl.com/blues/images/logos/large.png

Lines
Steen-Backes-Oshie
Perron-Berglund-Stewart
D'Agostini-Arnott-Langenbrunner
Porter-Nichol-Reeves

Colaiacovo-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Russell-Polak

Elliott
Halak

Inactive
Cole, Grachev

Jaxs 12-18-2011 09:36 AM

Get prepared for a beatdown tonight.

St1ngr 12-18-2011 09:47 AM

CONS:
2nd night of a back to back, on the road.
Playing against STL.
Playing against Hitch.
Last night wasn't great, not a good effort....but not their worst - not bad enough to trigger a "we got embarrassed and now we've got to man up" effort tonight. Should be just business as usual for the mighty slackers in blue and white.

PROS:
Sandman in goal.

PREDICTION:
Severe beatdown. STL 5, CBJ 1. Sandman keeps it close, maybe 2-1 through 2, but the wheels come off in the 3rd. Our offense doesn't show up.

blahblah 12-18-2011 09:54 AM

Fun(s) fact of the day. We have 22 points and we are 15 points "below the bar". We are one of two teams without win #10.

We play the game tonight. Can't predict anything else with this team... Other than maybe "Pain".

KeithBWhittington 12-18-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St1ngr (Post 41138309)
CONS:
2nd night of a back to back, on the road.
Playing against STL.
Playing against Hitch.
Last night wasn't great, not a good effort....but not their worst - not bad enough to trigger a "we got embarrassed and now we've got to man up" effort tonight. Should be just business as usual for the mighty slackers in blue and white.

PROS:
Sandman in goal.

PREDICTION:
Severe beatdown. STL 5, CBJ 1. Sandman keeps it close, maybe 2-1 through 2, but the wheels come off in the 3rd. Our offense doesn't show up.

I'll say 3-1 St. Louis. The score really isn't nearly indicitive of the game, its no where close and the Jackets are never "in it", CBJ are physically beaten down/worn down.

mt-svk 12-18-2011 09:58 AM

These lines are right or only your wish?

I hope that yes, because the second line Vermy--Brassard--Letestu was inefective but I would like to see Johansen on the center spot.

RBarRegular 12-18-2011 10:39 AM

This one gets ugly. 5 - 1 StL. After the game, Arneil uses several expletives to express his frustration on having to play back to back nights. When told that STL also played last night, Arneil calls shenanigans.

RBarRegular 12-18-2011 10:40 AM

Oh, and a beatdown tonight leads to the axe finally falling tomorrow on either Arneil or Howson or both. Yes, I've thought this before but I've just got a feeling.

leesmith 12-18-2011 10:52 AM

We have the element of confusion on our side tonight. We'll send Arch City Army to the game and everyone, upon seeing those scarves, will be baffled as to why there are so many St. Louis fans in Columbus. Imagine their surprise when the game starts! :sarcasm:

The Note 12-18-2011 11:21 AM

Just dropping in to say Halak is in net tonight

Columbus Mike 12-18-2011 11:25 AM

On paper, we have about zero shot tonight. That means we will probably win, but only in a shootout. No regulation road wins is the goal this year.

St1ngr 12-18-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBarRegular (Post 41139621)
Oh, and a beatdown tonight leads to the axe finally falling tomorrow on either Arneil or Howson or both. Yes, I've thought this before but I've just got a feeling.

I hope you're right - it would be worth taking a beatdown to move this team forward...

Personally I don't think this happens yet no matter what. I wish I knew one thing - was Priest/McConnell or Howson more instrumental in bringing in Craig Patrick.

If it was Preist/MACjr bringing in Patrick, I think Patrick takes a few weeks/month to review the organization, then we will see Howsie Wowsie and Arnie get the axe - Patrick takes over as interim GM, Richards as interim coach - replacements are considered and found (maybe not until the offseason for one/both positions).

However if Howsie was really the guy behind bringing in Patrick (his idea/his insisting) I think it will just be the same BS for the forseeable future. Personally I can't imagine this is/was the case - Howson has apparently had approval and the resources/$ to hire a senior adviser for some time and hasn't done it, and if I was him in his position just trying desperately to save my a$$, the last thing I would want is a former experienced NHL GM hanging around - would make it that much easier to axe me.

I predict the axe falls some time in January

St1ngr 12-18-2011 11:33 AM

...although just looking at the schedule we do have 3 days before the next game (thursday NSH) so this would be a good time to drop an axe. the next time we have 3 or more days between games is the all-star break (*excluding Xmas and New years. I don't see McConnell Jr firing somebody over a holiday).

Maybe the axe does fall tonight, if there is a beatdown...

Moo 12-18-2011 12:19 PM

I completely forgot we had a game tonight. The NHL shouldn't be allowed to schedule games on Sundays as to not interrupt my NFL viewing. :laugh:

Jovavic 12-18-2011 12:50 PM

More Louis clips will ease the pain. St Louis is the new Nashville

JacketFanInFL 12-18-2011 12:52 PM

We'll get shutout 2 or 3 to nothing.

Hitch has them rolling.

IBleedUnionBlue 12-18-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBarRegular (Post 41139621)

A feeling or wishful thinking?

KeithBWhittington 12-18-2011 01:09 PM

Dare I say this, may be hammered for it, but I think Howson is safe the season, no matter what.

Patrick, if he doesn't answer to Howson, needs time to get a sense of where this organization is and that will take time. I can't imagine the talks that Priest and McConnell would need to engage in to determine its time to send Howson away and I doubt they would be able to be taking place so close to the holidays. I firmly believe both Arniel and Howson are safe until after the new year. I'd look for the team to make a move on Arniel probably on Monday or Tuesday (Jan 2rd or 3rd) at the earliest. They play on the 31st then not again until the 5th in San Jose.

Kfarschman 12-18-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina (Post 41143953)
More Louis clips will ease the pain. St Louis is the new Nashville

I'm sure a video of his standup bit about going to the store and hitting a deer on the way is safe to post...

:sarcasm:

mt-svk 12-18-2011 03:02 PM

Is it only my idea or does somebody think that Brassard is useless for us? The true is I would prefer Byers over him and the line Vermette--Pahlsson--Dorsett. But maybe he will play good with Vermy and Dorse. IMO he did not play bad but only average. And.. I did not notice suprising pass from him... it is what we need from him.

EDM 12-18-2011 04:13 PM

I have not been able to figure out what Brassard did of a positive nature to magically go from doghouse to first unit PP. Does he look horrible out there? No. Does he look good out there? No. Right now he is the epitome of mediocrity. Maybe I just answered my own question.

Fred Glover 12-18-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDM (Post 41152137)
I have not been able to figure out what Brassard did of a positive nature to magically go from doghouse to first unit PP. Does he look horrible out there? No. Does he look good out there? No. Right now he is the epitome of mediocrity. Maybe I just answered my own question.

I think you did because mediocre with this team is an improvement

Jaxs 12-18-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Glover (Post 41152427)
I think you did because mediocre with this team is an improvement

Mediocrity is the standard.

Iron Balls McGinty 12-18-2011 04:38 PM

@Aportzline Getting word that #CBJ G Curtis Sanford suffered back spasms this morning. Looks lke G Steve Mason will go tonight vs #stlblues.

davidbklyn 12-18-2011 04:46 PM

I don't think there's any way these guys win tonight. Not against Hitch. They just don't know how to bring it.

And I really hope the coach is gone tomorrow.

Anyone follow Bill Simmons? I bet Rick Nash fits the Ewing theory to a T