HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Derek Roy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1058059)

McTank 12-18-2011 01:14 PM

Derek Roy
 
What would you give up for Derek Roy? He can usually put up around 70 point and his cap hit is only 4 mil

Sarcastic 12-18-2011 01:17 PM

Turris. :sarcasm:

Phion Keneuf 12-18-2011 01:21 PM

future package?


Colborne + McKegg + 2nd

McTank 12-18-2011 01:31 PM

Yeah I think a futures package would probably be what we are looking for if we can trade stafford + for another center

McTank 12-18-2011 01:34 PM

And I don't think it's a bad package maybe someone like Kari instead of McKegg

BurnEmUp 12-18-2011 01:40 PM

Mikael Backlund
Rene Bourque
2012 1st (Flames)

for

Derek Roy
2012 2nd (Sabres or Flames)

SlugLife978 12-18-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD (Post 41145423)
Yeah I think a futures package would probably be what we are looking for if we can trade stafford + for another center

Umm...no. The Sabres are in win-now mode. No futures. They need NHL-ready players. And Roy only gets dealt as part of a package for a better center OR if said better center has already been acquired. You don't trade away your only legitimate top-6 center when you have a surplus of skilled wingers and a huge lack of center depth. Ennis, Stafford, Boyes, Leino would all be on the block before Roy.

McTank 12-18-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeantownSabresclown (Post 41149587)
Umm...no. The Sabres are in win-now mode. No futures. They need NHL-ready players. And Roy only gets dealt as part of a package for a better center OR if said better center has already been acquired. You don't trade away your only legitimate top-6 center when you have a surplus of skilled wingers and a huge lack of center depth. Ennis, Stafford, Boyes, Leino would all be on the block before Roy.

We aren't winnin anything with Derek Roy, we need the Rochester core out of buffalo they won't bring us a cup

MidgetMyers 12-18-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD (Post 41150831)
We aren't winnin anything with Derek Roy, we need the Rochester core out of buffalo they won't bring us a cup

Gotta package him with one of our wingers for a legit 1st line centre. Trading him for futures wont help us right now.

omglolnub 12-18-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgetMyers (Post 41151753)
Gotta package him with one of our wingers for a legit 1st line centre. Trading him for futures wont help us right now.

But it's rebuild time...don't be in denial!

The Zetterberg Era 12-18-2011 10:47 PM

Buffalo: Derek Roy

Detroit: 1st round pick, Teemu Pulkkinen and Drew Miller

Would probably offer something similar for Stafford.

McTank 12-18-2011 10:52 PM

Hey of you can package Roy with a winger for a first line center than by all means I'll go for that but first line centers don't get traded very often and when they do everyone's gonna be giving their best offer for them so the way I see it is we're gonna have to draft a first line center

Ed Wood 12-18-2011 10:53 PM

Turris and Filatov.

PanicItsVanek26 12-18-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wood (Post 41168247)
Turris and Filatov.

You're so original.:sarcasm:

The Zetterberg Era 12-18-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wood (Post 41168247)
Turris and Filatov.

Probably would have been better off with an offer of Rundblad, a second and third:laugh:

Zip15 12-18-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 41168083)
Buffalo: Derek Roy

Detroit: 1st round pick, Teemu Pulkkinen and Drew Miller

Would probably offer something similar for Stafford.

I don't think that comes close. Centers have such ridiculous positional market value right now (see Turris deal) that a player with Roy's career production and cap-friendly deal would have huge value to a team in win-now mode. Many Sabres fans, especially those on these boards, are willing to trade him for 65 cents on the dollar just to have him off the team. Our management likely does not have the same feeling, so they'd want full value for him.

Honestly, even assuming Buffalo put Roy on the block, I think Detroit's offer would have to look something like Filppula + Sheahan + pick to get Regier to even think about it. Flip has been better this season, but over the course of their careers Roy's been the far more productive player. Detroit likely doesn't do that deal, though.

The Zetterberg Era 12-18-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 41169291)
I don't think that comes close. Centers have such ridiculous positional market value right now (see Turris deal) that a player with Roy's career production and cap-friendly deal would have huge value to a team in win-now mode. Many Sabres fans, especially those on these boards, are willing to trade him for 65 cents on the dollar just to have him off the team. Our management likely does not have the same feeling, so they'd want full value for him.

Honestly, even assuming Buffalo put Roy on the block, I think Detroit's offer would have to look something like Filppula + Sheahan + pick to get Regier to even think about it. Flip has been better this season, but over the course of their careers Roy's been the far more productive player. Detroit likely doesn't do that deal, though.

That could be, although the Toronto Sun and ESPN insider have this as a cap dump, looking for picks and prospects. I understand Sabres fans not liking that kind of move, but that is what is being reported. I don't think they are going to get the return they want, it is however likely that they will demand a center prospect in either Jarnkrok or Sheahan. I don't think Holland will deal either, I think they would sooner throw Ferraro or Aubry on top of Pulkkinen to protect the other prized assets.

*Cap dump is admittedly the wrong term, but they do want some salary flexibility.

Better Call Saul 12-18-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 41169437)
That could be, although the Toronto Sun and ESPN insider have this as a cap dump, looking for picks and prospects.

Really? I'm embarrassed for both of those outlets, then. :help:

r0bert8841 12-18-2011 11:46 PM

Why would Detroit give up Flip for Roy? Their is no need for that. Detroit doesn't make trades for the sake of trading.

For Roy they would probably offer something around Tatar + Kindl + picks. I can't see them offering anymore, maybe Hudler if your interested.

SlugLife978 12-18-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 41169437)
That could be, although the Toronto Sun and ESPN insider have this as a cap dump, looking for picks and prospects. I understand Sabres fans not liking that kind of move, but that is what is being reported. I don't think they are going to get the return they want, it is however likely that they will demand a center prospect in either Jarnkrok or Sheahan. I don't think Holland will deal either, I think they would sooner throw Ferraro or Aubry on top of Pulkkinen to protect the other prized assets.

*Cap dump is admittedly the wrong term, but they do want some salary flexibility.

Roy has the most cap-friendly contract on the team in terms of what he brings. He may even have the most cap-friendly contract in the league, TBH. If salary is being cleared, Stafford makes far more sense. Boyes even more-so. Bottom line is that unless they are blowing it all up (which makes absolutely no sense right now) they would be stupid to deal from an area in which they are already weak.

r0bert8841 12-18-2011 11:55 PM

I think Detroit would prefer Stafford, their has been rumors in the past of Holland trying to obtain him.

The Zetterberg Era 12-18-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeantownSabresclown (Post 41169573)
Roy has the most cap-friendly contract on the team in terms of what he brings. He may even have the most cap-friendly contract in the league, TBH. If salary is being cleared, Stafford makes far more sense. Boyes even more-so. Bottom line is that unless they are blowing it all up (which makes absolutely no sense right now) they would be stupid to deal from an area in which they are already weak.

I agree and this is the Roy value thread and I like Roy more, so hence the offer. But my guess is per the rumor of Stafford and Roy being available, the guy Holland would be most interested in is Stafford. He has tried to acquire him before, he is a big body right handed shot. The Wings could use him. Plus the Sabres probably aren't looking for D-men so we could protect Kindl and our prospect pools weakest area if prospect forwards is indeed what they want. Have no interest in Boyes whatsoever and hope the Wings don't either.

r0bert8841 12-19-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 41169761)
I agree and this is the Roy value thread and I like Roy more, so hence the offer. But my guess is per the rumor of Stafford and Roy being available, the guy Holland would be most interested in is Stafford. He has tried to acquire him before, he is a big body right handed shot. The Wings could use him. Plus the Sabres probably aren't looking for D-men so we could protect Kindl and our prospect pools weakest area if prospect forwards is indeed what they want. Have no interest in Boyes whatsoever and hope the Wings don't either.

Do you mean strongest area?

zeus3007* 12-19-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 41145093)
future package?


Colborne + McKegg + 2nd

Change the 2nd to a 1st and swap McKegg for a lesser prospect, and I think its closer. I don't see Buffalo doing a futures deal with Roy unless a first is coming their way.

SlugLife978 12-19-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 41169761)
I agree and this is the Roy value thread and I like Roy more, so hence the offer. But my guess is per the rumor of Stafford and Roy being available, the guy Holland would be most interested in is Stafford. He has tried to acquire him before, he is a big body right handed shot. The Wings could use him. Plus the Sabres probably aren't looking for D-men so we could protect Kindl and our prospect pools weakest area if prospect forwards is indeed what they want. Have no interest in Boyes whatsoever and hope the Wings don't either.

Gotcha :thumbu:

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Roy's value to the Sabres is higher than most teams would be willing to go. It seems like somewhat of a moot point to me. Roy's value to the Sabres = untouchable unless he'll fetch an upgrade at center in a package deal. Roy's value to other teams = high, as a solid 1b center with a great contract, but probably not worth the overpayment that it would take to get him. :dunno:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.