HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Letter from Molson (French) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1058859)

ReVeuF 12-19-2011 02:11 PM

Letter from Molson (French)

Here is the link : http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/332075.html

He is trying to calm down the French medias lol !!! :laugh:

Sebaldian 12-19-2011 02:12 PM

English: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=607258

Metropolitsky 12-19-2011 02:14 PM

Randy can just learn it over the summer it isn't that hard anyways

Erik Estrada 12-19-2011 02:16 PM

It's an excellent public relations move. It should have been done at the time of the press conference... Gauthier shouldn't have given the impression that he was caught off guard by the question.

DDs not undersized 12-19-2011 02:19 PM

I'm surprised by the complete failure from this experienced businessman to correctly assess the current situation. Every politician is now involved. The storm won't calm down. The winds are blowing very hard now and it will blow even harder until Gauthier steps down, brings his Ottawa buddies with him and they are all replaced by a bilingual squad.

Everybody on Twitter is now talking about the Molson products boycott.

It's too late already.

Guillermo 12-19-2011 02:21 PM

Ouf I feel bad for Cunneyworth, we don't even have to read between the lines: ''Guuuuys, this coach is only here for the remainder of the season. Calm down! ''

Not The One 12-19-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metropolitsky (Post 41187725)
Randy can just learn it over the summer it isn't that hard anyways

If it was that easy Koivu would have learned more than Bonjour in all the years he was here.

Btw, I wonder how Gionta's french is coming along. ;)

HabsByTheBay 12-19-2011 02:21 PM

So basically he folded.

Not impressed with this guy.

Bill McNeal 12-19-2011 02:23 PM

Pathetic.

He should have just let them huff and puff until they were out of breath. He basically just validated all the whining.

Erik Estrada 12-19-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay (Post 41188061)
So basically he folded.

Not impressed with this guy.

If you're a shareholder or boardmember of Molson you just don't want to be mixed up with any political mess.

Coldplay 12-19-2011 02:24 PM

Nice work, Geoff.

I thought you were different. Guess not. :shakehead

Strik_IX 12-19-2011 02:25 PM

Our politicians should start by getting their **** together before they start meddling in affairs that don't concern them in the least.

This is pissing me off to no end and I'm a French-Canadian...

The best coach is what I want, he can speak Korean for all I care as long as he can lead this team in the right direction I couldn't care less.

:facepalm:

BenchBrawl 12-19-2011 02:25 PM

Gauthier is toasted , I love it.

I'm actually enjoying all of this.

With the boring and mediocre team we have , this media storm might even be the highlight of the year so far :laugh:

Not The One 12-19-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillermo (Post 41188031)
Ouf I feel bad for Cunneyworth, we don't even have to read between the lines: ''Guuuuys, this coach is only here for the remainder of the season. Calm down! ''

True, but what was the point of the coaching change then? JM had a long and distinguished career as a coach, if you fire him then at least get somebody clearly better than him.

IMO the real scenario is that PG is scared to death of someone like Roy who he can't control, and wanted both to calm down Molson and the fans by making a change but still retaining complete control over the situation by hiring someone indepted to him.

He failed.

HabsByTheBay 12-19-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik Estrada (Post 41188165)
If you're a shareholder or boardmember of Molson you just don't want to be mixed up with any political mess.

If you're a shareholder you also want a winning hockey team and this guy has about as much clue on how to win as a pin cushion.

Coldplay 12-19-2011 02:27 PM

Why stop at the coach and GM? Why not make sure every player that wears the CH can speak French too? Why not go that far? Why not start whining about all that?

habsjunkie2* 12-19-2011 02:27 PM

Holy cripes, what a gong show this season is turning out to be. This is worse than the centennial.

I honestly can't see Pierre Gauthier surviving this, although I think he's done the right thing as far as the replacement goes. Didn't like the firing, but I think he'll be gone by seasons end, without question.

I'll be a happy camper.

Erik Estrada 12-19-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldplay (Post 41188201)
Nice work, Geoff.

I thought you were different. Guess not. :shakehead

Like you as a poster, but got to disagree... Molson's first and foremost a beer salesman. He doesn't want to make political statements. It's very bad business... I love this move.

Not The One 12-19-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 (Post 41188379)
Holy cripes, what a gong show this season is turning out to be. This is worse than the centennial.

I honestly can't see Pierre Gauthier surviving this, although I think he's done the right thing as far as the replacement goes. Didn't like the firing, but I think he'll be gone by seasons end, without question.

I'll be a happy camper.

Yep. This mess guarantees that the team gets the total housecleaning it deserved.

This is a good day.

habsjunkie2* 12-19-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not The One (Post 41188493)
Yep. This mess guarantees that the team gets the total housecleaning it deserved.

This is a good day.

Sounds like Geoff just completely threw Cunneyworth under the bus though. I'm not sure this is fair. If I was Cunneyworth, I'd probably step aside. He's basically been told he has no shot of coaching beyond this year. If that's the case, and I believe it is, he should of never been hired in the first place. I feel bad for him tbh.

I get the whole french culture thing, but I still feel bad for Cunneyworth getting played like a fiddle here.

knuck 12-19-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molson
Bien que notre priorité soit de gagner et d’être continuellement à la recherche de l’excellence, il est évident
que la capacité de l’entraîneur-chef à s’exprimer en français de même qu’en anglais sera un facteur très important dans le choix d’un candidat sur une base permanente.

Damn it, damn it, damn it ! I was hoping Molson had balls... Looks like he doesn't

McSorleyStick 12-19-2011 02:32 PM

Since we will never have the best GM, head coach and players because of the French language requirement, I might as well start rooting for another team

Go Blackhawks :-)

BenchBrawl 12-19-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldplay (Post 41188363)
Why stop at the coach and GM? Why not make sure every player that wears the CH can speak French too? Why not go that far? Why not start whining about all that?

You're on to something there :sarcasm:

Strik_IX 12-19-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not The One (Post 41188325)
True, but what was the point of the coaching change then? JM had a long and distinguished career as a coach, if you fire him then at least get somebody clearly better than him.

IMO the real scenario is that PG is scared to death of someone like Roy who he can't control, and wanted both to calm down Molson and the fans by making a change but still retaining complete control over the situation by hiring someone indepted to him.

He failed.

If it ever came down to having both PG and Roy as GM and HC, it wouldn't take long before **** started hitting the fan and we all know who would get the axe.

PG's just covering his ass for a little while longer, but it won't last eternally.

Coldplay 12-19-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik Estrada (Post 41188405)
Like you as a poster, but got to disagree... Molson's first and foremost a beer salesman. He doesn't want to make political statements. It's very bad business... I love this move.

Thanks, but I can't agree with you either. I'm one of the many that thinks that this French requirement is only going to continue holding us back. I'm 100% bilingual and I respect Quebec's special status amongst the provinces in terms of culture and language, but that means diddly squat when it comes to winning hockey games. The most games this franchise ever won were with an anglophone coach behind the bench because they were the *best*. The Bowmans, the Blakes...not saying we need an anglophone coach to accomplish that, we just need the best available, PERIOD.

My rant above is nothing new and has been regurgitated time and time again, but the fact Molson thinks we need a bilingual coach, and not the best available one, is incredibly disappointing to me, politics or not.