HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Bernie & Bryz's masks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1059553)

EvilAsh 12-20-2011 10:14 AM

Bernie & Bryz's masks

Sweet vid of Bernie's alumni game mask.

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...sole?id=143307

Bryz's

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...sole?id=143304

EvilAsh 12-20-2011 10:20 AM

*Deleted. URL added in first post.

DrinkFightFlyers 12-20-2011 10:28 AM

That Bryz mask is phenomenal.

EvilAsh 12-20-2011 10:34 AM

I love that they're putting the Phanatic on there. Hopefully he will be walking around Citizens Bank Park during the game.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts 12-20-2011 11:16 AM

Maybe the Phanatic can "fight" a ref between periods

RJ8812 12-20-2011 11:39 AM

hopefully Bob starts

RespectTheCouts 12-21-2011 10:56 AM

Bryz's mask is sickness damn that thing is loaded with Philly greats

orange is better 12-21-2011 02:09 PM

that bryz mask is awesome

it would be awesome if the phanatic was walking around CBP in a tiny flyers jersey to replace his phillies jersey, and a flyers beanie

JagerPuck 12-21-2011 10:27 PM

I love that mask for Bryzgalov. Tremendous salute to the history of Philadelphia.
HUMOANGOUS SUCCESS

Vikke 12-21-2011 10:37 PM

Both those look sick. Amazing job by that designer.

ORYX 12-22-2011 08:31 AM

Forget about Bryz mask (Looks awesome), I can't believe that Parent is going with the throw back mask. Thats truely epic, I didnt think for a second he would do that, or be allowed to do that.

:handclap:

shipwreck 12-22-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORYX (Post 41330197)
Forget about Bryz mask (Looks awesome), I can't believe that Parent is going with the throw back mask. Thats truely epic, I didnt think for a second he would do that, or be allowed to do that.

Yes, that's pretty cool...

Kaktus* 12-22-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 41238005)
hopefully Bob starts

epic

Superman33 12-22-2011 07:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ORYX (Post 41330197)

I got to see both finished products today and they both look pretty fantastic. I got to talk to the painter, Frannie Drummond, for a few minutes too. He came to my school to show it to the students as a favor to the teacher he is friends with. I was in the middle of grading the tests I gave today and I got a text message, "He is here with the masks, since you are the only one in the building that played goalie, or hockey for that matter, we figured you should probably be here." Of course I dropped the stupid tests and bolted. I did pay for it later though, didn't finish grading the tests until 6!

He said that Bernie is going to use the one he painted during warm ups, but then is going to switch to the original in the game.

He had a really great story about the Boston Winter Classic. He said he spent a lot of time with Emery designing his mask, then he got hurt. Then he painted a Winter Classic mask for Boosh, who then got hurt too. He said Settlemyer called him four days before the Winter Classic and said, "Hey I sent you a mask, I need it painted for the Classic. Just make it generic, its for a guy named Leighton." Frannie said he had no idea who he was and just got to work. He ended up spending a lot of time with Leighton and become good friends with him, he even named his son Leighton.

My favorite part of Bryz's mask is the bottom. It has the Phantic on one side with the "Good Night and Good Hockey" sign and the Patterson and Broad street signs on the other. The background has small snow flakes with the orange banner that says "Bryz". The most amazing part about the masks is that he does them free hand.

I snapped some pictures with my phone before I had to go teach my last class. Got three different views of Bryz's, a shot of Bernie's, and a picture of me wearing Bryz's...that's right I wore it. I noticed he has way more bars on his grill than I do. It was actually kind of difficult to see out of.

Frannie is going to be on DNL tomorrow to do the official unveiling of the masks, but I guess you guys got a sneak preview with my pictures.

Superman33 12-22-2011 07:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the other two pictures. One that shows the Phanatic's side of the mask while one of the other teachers was trying on her first goalie mask ever (heck a mask to be the first, and probably only), and one of me putting it on. Now that I am looking at it straight on while on my head, I guess there is actually the same total area for the bars on the grill, just a different placement. I was looking down at people, I'm 6'3 and a giant compared to the middle schoolers, through Bryz's and there are more bars on the bottom half of his grill.

dingbathero 12-22-2011 09:39 PM

Thanks for this Superman33!

The Bobby Clarke action is my emblem.... ha...

Can't wait for this game, should be a gooder.