HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Deadmarsh (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=105963)

august 09-27-2004 09:00 PM

Deadmarsh

Do you think he will recover from is injury and return in the NHL?

David A. Rainer 09-27-2004 10:10 PM

Nope.

GKJ 09-27-2004 10:13 PM

he said a while ago if he wasn't feeling better by September he was going to call it quits, and it's almost October...

Peter James Bond 09-27-2004 11:42 PM

I gave up all hope around this past January, when I heard from a good source that he fell off a stationary bike. Poor Adam. I just hope he can lead a normal life.

jfont 09-27-2004 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter James Bond
I gave up all hope around this past January, when I heard from a good source that he fell off a stationary bike. Poor Adam. I just hope he can lead a normal life.

oh, come on...i don't believe that...he might still be sick but not to that point...someone's pulling your leg...

Reaper45 09-28-2004 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
oh, come on...i don't believe that...he might still be sick but not to that point...someone's pulling your leg...

And if it was true? The guy has been done for a long time.....

two out of three* 09-28-2004 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
And if it was true? The guy has been done for a long time.....

But come on.. He didn't fall off a stationary bike, thats ridiculous.

Keetz 09-28-2004 01:41 PM

Ever had a concusion? You could easily get a head rush that would knock you off a bike.

Sybil227 09-28-2004 02:56 PM

You could check him for road rash. Then you'd know.

Burnaby_Joe* 09-28-2004 04:31 PM

I hope he can come back. I miss watching him play. :cry: He's a very hard worker. I was sad when he got traded. :(

Peter James Bond 09-29-2004 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us

I re-confirmed with my source, regarding my statement that Adam did in fact fall off a stationary bike. My source emailed me who told him that. I actually know the person who told him that and he's a 100% straight up guy.

I believe this happened around this past January. Hopefully, Adam is doing better these days.

I.am.ca 10-26-2004 05:45 PM

Whats the latest word on Deader, since its the lockout, guys that are hurt have some good time to recouperate and rehab themselves to pretty good form.

I'm a fan of the local bc boy, wondering whats the word on him since he's an UFA like his fellow ex King Allison, both are hurt and while one is on the right track, the other (Adam) i want to know about.

Cropduster 10-26-2004 05:49 PM

he probably doesnt know there is a lockout

Old Hickory 10-26-2004 05:53 PM

that's really not funny.

Old Hickory 10-26-2004 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I.am.ca
Whats the latest word on Deader, since its the lockout, guys that are hurt have some good time to recouperate and rehab themselves to pretty good form.

I'm a fan of the local bc boy, wondering whats the word on him since he's an UFA like his fellow ex King Allison, both are hurt and while one is on the right track, the other (Adam) i want to know about.

Last I heard, no improvement from Deadmarsh

I.am.ca 10-26-2004 06:00 PM

Till i hear he has retired, he's still gotta chance in my eyes. I hate how ppl keep saying he's done.

He's not done, guys like Kidd, Lindros, Irbe are done.

Reaper45 10-26-2004 07:32 PM

Trust me, Deader is done. I do think Allison has a slightly better chance of returning, but not by much. To me both are done.

VanIslander 10-26-2004 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us

Is it? You do a heavy workout and sweat like hell while cycling for half an hour, then tell me if you think it's so absurd to naturally feel a little dizzy and fatigued.

Add to that a brain injury.

I believe it. It isn't such a big deal as it sounds.

I think Deadmarsh is postponing his decision because there's no need to hurry now. With the lockout, he may not need to decide until a year from now, or longer. I'm hoping he can show his playoff intensity in the spring of 2006, the next time the Stanley Cup playoffs will be played I think.

Word 10-27-2004 03:04 AM

I would be the first to want to see Deadmarsh return to the ice for the Kings. That said his first prioity is to his family. A hockey player life is short but the time with your family isnt. If he decides and IMHO he should retire then I will support it but I will miss seeing him on the ice.

KingPurpleDinosaur 10-27-2004 08:56 AM

deadmarsh is done. he's a fan favorite so to think it's easy for any of us to say is just plain wrong. we didn't jujst come to this conclusion in one week, after over one year i think it's fair to say that we can get a general idea on what is goin on behind the scenes. i think it would be awesome if he worked for the kings. would defiantely love to see him stay in the organization

allison, i too believe is done. he tried real hard to say he was gettin better to get the hurricanes to sign him but in the end, he was just as bad as he was during the season. i now believe he was never faking just trying to get people to believe that he can play again so that he can get a contract for next year. it makes total sense, i don't blame the guy, i would do the same thing. but in the end, i think the whole "this is not a concussion, but a whiplash" is wrong too, i don't think he'll play hockey again. I personally loved allison when he was on our team. if he too would stay in the organization, i wouldn't be against it either.