HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Bauer Supreme Total One vs. Vapor X60 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1060383)

ChiTownHawks 12-21-2011 11:05 AM

Bauer Supreme Total One vs. Vapor X60

I am getting a crap load of gift cards for Christmas so it is time to splurge on some new gloves. I currently have some Reebok Pro Series (basically 4 rolls) and I'm looking to get something with a closer fit. I have tried both pairs on and I already know that the Total One's are the closer fit, but this is my question:

The Vapor's basically feel perfect right now and the Total One's are a little snug at the finger tips. So I am wondering if anyone has experience with either of these gloves and if they stretch out at all. If the Total Ones stretch a little bit they will be perfect. If the Vapors stretch out they will be a little loose but not bad. They are both 13s and I have tried on 14s and they are too big. Anyone with any advice would be appreciated.

Ozz 12-21-2011 11:14 AM

I just switched from Vapor Pros to One80s (not TotalOne but rather close so maybe this'll help).

The initial feel was very different, the looser fit on the Vapors allowed more of a 'free' feel for my hands. Though once I actually stepped out and played with the One80s, I wasn't noticing the extra snugness. I was worried at first that the snugness wouldn't allow for as much mobility, but it wasn't a concern.

Jarick 12-21-2011 11:33 AM

I've been using One75's on and off for a couple seasons now. They didn't hardly break in at all or need it. They felt comfy right off the bat.

I believe both the Vapor and Total One gloves have a thin material on the gussets and palms instead of leather or clarino, which made them fit more snug and flexible.

The 4-Rolls to me feel like they have lots of clarino material which makes them loose right off the bat eliminating the need for break in or flexibility.

<begin meandering rant>

I like the feel of the 4-Rolls and Total One gloves but the Vapors are off to me. They aren't as form fitting and flexible as the TO but aren't as loose as the 4-Rolls. The palm material is stretched too tight.

If you relax your hands, the palm naturally has curves to it, almost like a dish. The Vapor gloves, along with all Eagle gloves, have a tight palm material that doesn't move naturally. When I try them on and hold a stick, it's fighting the natural curves of my palm, and I lose a lot of control.

The 4-Rolls have enough material that I can grip the stick comfortably. The TO's for whatever reason allow me to grip the stick comfortably with less slop overall. But the Vapors, it's like I'm gripping the glove and not the stick, and it screws me up.

I've been trying to put what I don't like about them into words for a couple years now and think I've finally got it.

</end rant>

ponder 12-21-2011 11:43 AM

In general the Bauer gloves I've owned haven't loosened up much, though I've never owned TotalOnes or X60s specifically.

If you do go the X60 route, go with the X60 Pros, basically the same glove but without all the stupid gimmicks on the palm (which apparently just peel off quickly anyways), and it gets great reviews from people who own it. The X60 Pro glove, for me at least, is the nicest glove I've ever tried on, love the fit/feel, it will probably be the glove I buy once my current mits wear out, regardless of how many new gloves are on the market.

Jarick 12-21-2011 11:44 AM

I definitely prefer the normal cuff on the X60 pro to the floating cuff. Luckily that's not on the TO or 4-Rolls.

ChiTownHawks 12-21-2011 11:53 AM

Jarick, where do your finger tips go in the gloves? The Total Ones have a thin stretchy material that my finger tips go right up to end and I'm just concerned that if my finger tips are pushing on that it will eventually start to wear down.

Jarick 12-21-2011 12:28 PM

I think they're JUST shy, maybe just touching. I don't think the material will wear down at all over the life of the gloves.

ChiTownHawks 12-21-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 41290465)
I think they're JUST shy, maybe just touching. I don't think the material will wear down at all over the life of the gloves.

Cool, thanks.

ChiTownHawks 12-27-2011 09:58 PM

Finally got the new gloves today and went with the X60 pros. The Total Ones were just too snug in the finger tips. The X60s feel great and like ponder said they dont have all the crap on the palms that the regular X60s had. I'll let you guys know how they turn out.