HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: 59-Year-Old Woman Puts Puck Through Tiny Hole From Opposite Blue Line, Wins Truck (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1060589)

MrHockey1982 12-21-2011 03:29 PM

OT: 59-Year-Old Woman Puts Puck Through Tiny Hole From Opposite Blue Line, Wins Truck
 
http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/1...s-truck-video/


Unbelievable!!!

CavemanLawyer 12-21-2011 03:37 PM

They will find something in the wording that prevents them from having to give her the truck or whatever. They always do. Then they will settle for something like a free hot dog. With chilli, but she has to pay for the cheese.

Yosemite Sam 12-21-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer (Post 41297991)
They will find something in the wording that prevents them from having to give her the truck or whatever. They always do. Then they will settle for something like a free hot dog. With chilli, but she has to pay for the cheese.

Upvote for comment plus username.

DrinkFightFlyers 12-21-2011 03:59 PM

Ha, that's awesome.

achdumeingute 12-21-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer (Post 41297991)
They will find something in the wording that prevents them from having to give her the truck or whatever. They always do. Then they will settle for something like a free hot dog. With chilli, but she has to pay for the cheese.

No, they will pay out the vehicle...but it's usually a weird one, colors, options, ect.
Dealership has insurance to cover this promotion.

Can we get her to tutor mezaros? He can't even hit the net from the opponents blue line!

MrHockey1982 12-21-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achdumeingute (Post 41299611)
No, they will pay out the vehicle...but it's usually a weird one, colors, options, ect.
Dealership has insurance to cover this promotion.

Can we get her to tutor mezaros? He can't even hit the net from the opponents blue line!


Imagine if Carter were taking the shot on this :sarcasm:

Flyerfan4life 12-21-2011 05:52 PM

that is soooo awesome, what a wicked Xmas gift.

she should do some coaching on the side i can think of several Flyers players that could use a clinic..

Miss Mess 12-21-2011 05:58 PM

:handclap: great story!

achdumeingute 12-21-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 (Post 41300649)
Imagine if Carter were taking the shot on this :sarcasm:

Carter would kill at this.

Just cover the hole with a thin paper emblem of the opposing team. He used to put it right in the middle of the goalie all the time.

However, if he took the shot from about 5 feet out he'd miss it.

JXC 12-21-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 (Post 41297705)

Dude.

philly_28 12-22-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JXC (Post 41304869)
Dude.

Sweet. What does mine say?

MrHockey1982 12-22-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achdumeingute (Post 41303125)
Carter would kill at this.

Just cover the hole with a thin paper emblem of the opposing team. He used to put it right in the middle of the goalie all the time.

However, if he took the shot from about 5 feet out he'd miss it.


Bahahhaha! :handclap:

shipwreck 12-22-2011 12:51 PM

That's just awesome :yo:

pelts35.com 12-22-2011 01:15 PM

That's truly amazing.

One year I was selected to take a $10,000 shot at a Phantoms game from center ice. I can tell you that from center ice you cannot see the tiny hole that can literally fit 1 puck. While this one is different, the one that I did, the hole looks bigger (maybe 3-4 pucks), but there is clear plexiglass that makes the actual 1 1/2 puck wide hole. I know this because I hit that piece dead on and it knocked the piece off. When Phlex came back with the puck to give to me, he said I literally missed the center hole by less than an inch.

dawkins121 12-22-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JXC (Post 41304869)
Dude.

Sweet! What does mine say?

JXC 12-22-2011 02:47 PM

Dude.

JXC 12-22-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philly_28 (Post 41331073)
Sweet. What does mine say?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawkins121 (Post 41339439)
Sweet! What does mine say?

LOL I had to look that up, no idea what you two were saying.

MrHockey1982 12-22-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 41339227)
That's truly amazing.

One year I was selected to take a $10,000 shot at a Phantoms game from center ice. I can tell you that from center ice you cannot see the tiny hole that can literally fit 1 puck. While this one is different, the one that I did, the hole looks bigger (maybe 3-4 pucks), but there is clear plexiglass that makes the actual 1 1/2 puck wide hole. I know this because I hit that piece dead on and it knocked the piece off. When Phlex came back with the puck to give to me, he said I literally missed the center hole by less than an inch.


That's pretty cool man. But for a 59 year-old, overweight woman who can barely stand on the ice (who they make wear a helmet in case she falls) to make a shot from the far blue line there really is no comparison. As the article states, pro hockey players are highly unlikely to make that shot. But she makes it with awful posture and slams her stick on the ice! That's why this is basically a miracle.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.