HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ortmeyer Scores the Gamewinner (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=106128)

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-28-2004 08:15 PM

Ortmeyer Scores the Gamewinner

Day Two of Hartford Wolf Pack Camp at the MSG Training Center ended with a shootout in the intrasquad scrimmage as Team Navy rebounded from a 2-0 shutout loss on Day One with a 3-2 win over Team White, with the result decided in a shootout. Alexandre Giroux tallied his third goal in the last two days for Team White, while Team Navy countered with tallies from Rory Rawlyk and Lucas Lawson. With the score deadlocked at 2-2 as the final buzzer sounded, a shootout followed, with Giroux and Jozef Balej scoring for Team White and Juris Stals and Chad Wiseman answering for Team Navy. After White's Fedor Tyutin missed on the sixth attempt, Navy's Jed Ortmeyer ended the sudden death shootout with a goal to seal the 3-2 win. Be sure to visit newyorkrangers.com all week for complete coverage.

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/

Now I wonder why MSG wont show any of the scrimmages? Even if it is not live but a tape delay say at 2AM or 3AM wont be so bad instead they reshow sportsdesk or showing infomercials or poker games.

Brooklyn Ranger 09-28-2004 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Now I wonder why MSG wont show any of the scrimmages? Even if it is not live but a tape delay say at 2AM or 3AM wont be so bad instead they reshow sportsdesk or showing infomercials or poker games.

It would cost money to have a production team go to and video the scrimmages. Then MSG would have to convince advertisers that enough people would actually watch "the action" and that they would profit from buying ad time during the program. Those costs alone would be significantly more than showing a repeat of earlier programming or an informercial (which MSG gets paid to show).

Let's stick to hoping that we will see live hockey games come October... :)

Fletch 09-29-2004 08:40 AM

I think it costs less..

to roll a videotape than to bring a crew to film a scrimmage. As Brooklyn says, let's hope come October there's some hockey to be seen. They're losing a good deal of programming sans the Rangers, Islanders and Devils. Hopefully it gets made up with some Hartford games as well as feeds from college and even Europe. Yeah, I'm hoping a lot, but it is somewhat in Cablevisoin's interest to keep hockey in front of eyes as the lockout continues.

in the hall 09-29-2004 08:47 AM

Has anyone ever taped practice or scrimages and aired it on television?
that is ridiculous

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-29-2004 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockyStr99
Is this you're first ever post w/o a trade proposal?

Why even post this?

klingsor 09-29-2004 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
Has anyone ever taped practice or scrimages and aired it on television?
that is ridiculous

Just highlights, I think.

Fletch 09-29-2004 12:31 PM

I actually wouldn't mind seeing...

a practice or scrimmage, or two. It's interesting when you have 'teammates' battling it out for the same positions, as things get heated. It's also interesting to watch the drills they go through and the hard work that's required to make it even to the AHL. It's educational, especially for the kids, and I don't think there's enough of that out there. There's enough of the bling, the mansions, multiple cars, etc., but not enough on what you have to do to get there, in most cases.

Brooklyn Ranger 09-29-2004 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
to roll a videotape than to bring a crew to film a scrimmage. As Brooklyn says, let's hope come October there's some hockey to be seen. They're losing a good deal of programming sans the Rangers, Islanders and Devils. Hopefully it gets made up with some Hartford games as well as feeds from college and even Europe. Yeah, I'm hoping a lot, but it is somewhat in Cablevisoin's interest to keep hockey in front of eyes as the lockout continues.

Yeah, I can see Cablevision picking up the feed from the Finnish League--I'd love to hear a whole game in Finnish, it's been so long! Although the International Channel did run SEL games weekly 3-4 years ago (didn't get the channel then, but do now on digital cable).

Fletch 09-29-2004 04:15 PM

That's right...

I've forgotten about your bi-lingualness...but, who knows what they're going to do to fill in the times. Hopefully it's not too expensive to get the broadcasting rights from Europe, or elsewhere. What I would love to see is CHL games, but that ain't happening for sure. As with the lockout, we must wait and see...

Brooklyn Ranger 09-29-2004 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
I've forgotten about your bi-lingualness...but, who knows what they're going to do to fill in the times. Hopefully it's not too expensive to get the broadcasting rights from Europe, or elsewhere. What I would love to see is CHL games, but that ain't happening for sure. As with the lockout, we must wait and see...

Some days I'm pressed to be even mono-lingual and I certainly wouldn't pick up more than about 10 words from a Finnish broadcast. Swedish I could probably handle. But I ain't holding my breath.

I too wouldn't mind seeing a couple of Junior games. But, I suspect that would be unlikely. I can't imagine that the broadcast rights from Europe would be very expensive, I just can't see an American sports network broadcasting a game that isn't in English or (perhaps) Spanish. Unless or course there is some kind of translation ala the Iron Chef.