HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Yet Another Friggin' Prospect Poll! (#20+) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=106170)

bmoak 09-29-2004 01:04 AM

Yet Another Friggin' Prospect Poll! (#20+)

HF has finally updated the Rangers' Top 20 propsect rankings. Happy, Happy! Joy, Joy! But there is still so much depth in the system that it seems unfair to lump them all together in the "Other Notables" category.

Therefore, I'm doing yet another propect poll. This time starting with #21 in the Rangers' orgnaization. I've put 10 prospects on the poll to start with. When you vote in each round, please give the name of a prospect you'd like to see added to the poll. If you do a write-in, please make sure it isn't someone already on the official rankings. (Go to the Rangers page and check if you must.)

Remember, this is just in fun and is not meant to be expert commentary (although commentary is appreciated).

Without further ado...

WHO IS THE RANGERS' #21 PROSPECT

bmoak 09-29-2004 01:10 AM

Moore. Add Hollweg.

TheZherdev 09-29-2004 01:28 AM

this again? is it really necessary?

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-29-2004 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoak
Moore. Add Hollweg.

Dubinsky scored more points than Andrew Ladd. The only concer with Dubinsky is his skating but he has scored everywhere he has been. And he is currently 6'0 195. From what Ive seen I think Dubinsky reminds me of Darcy Tucker.

Add Ryan Hollweg, Joey Crabb, Jordin Foote and Ryan. Callahan

nyr5186 09-29-2004 02:02 AM

Moore. Doesn't get enough respect on these boards.

Add Kozak.

bmoak 09-29-2004 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
this again? is it really necessary?

No, but do you have any better ideas on how to pass the lockout. Since the last poll, we've had rookie camp. some tournaments, and now Wolfpack camp and the start of CHL and Euro leagues to consider when evaluating prospects.

JOrtmeyer41: Pick one guy to add.

bmoak 09-29-2004 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Moore. Doesn't get enough respect on these boards.

Add Kozak.

Kozak's already been involved in 2 off-ice fights this season. Once in a bar, where his coach put him on notice (and a teammate who was also involved was traded) and once in the tunnel after being ejected from a game, where he scuffled with the opposing team's trainer.

majicpixie 09-29-2004 10:50 AM

Voted for Chad, of course. Come on, how can he seriously not be in the top 20? You know, one day you're all going to think back on HF and realize that I was right about him the whole time! ;)

Unknownbutfamous 09-29-2004 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
but he has scored everywhere he has been.

Well, the same could be said about Daige, he could in every leagure when he was 17. Fact is its the transition to the NHL that makes the player.

007 09-29-2004 05:36 PM

I voted for Roche, though I could've picked Moore, too.

Add Hollweg, please.

NYRangers 09-29-2004 06:53 PM

Add Ryan.

From here on out, since they all (except Moore maybe) arent locks to play at all in the NHL. Im just going on upside now on.

bmoak 09-30-2004 10:10 PM

OK. I'll call this one even with a thrity vote threshold. Please be sure to mention a player to add in when you vote. There were barely enough mentions this time.

Moore wins. Add Hollweg.

Olorin 09-30-2004 10:14 PM

Add Greg Moore

Prucha73 09-30-2004 10:20 PM

Subtract Roche, Byers, and Giroux

Add Petruzalek, Paiement, Greg Moore, Billy Ryan, and Hollweg

Olorin 09-30-2004 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73
Subtract Roche, Byers, and Giroux

Add Petruzalek, Paiement, Greg Moore, and Hollweg

Why subtract Roche?

He had a strong freshmen season at BU.

Prucha73 09-30-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerFan13
Why subtract Roche?

He had a strong freshmen season at BU.

So what? I feel like players I said to add have better potential.

bmoak 09-30-2004 10:59 PM

Mods, this one is done. Please lock the thread.

Olorin 10-01-2004 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73
So what? I feel like players I said to add have better potential.

If you're going by potential, that's fine. I'd argue that Roche has better potential than Paiement and Greg Moore, though

If you were going by each player's likelihood to make it to the NHL. I'd argue that he'd be ahead of the two players I mentioned above as well as Petruzalek, and also Ryan since he hasn't been tested beyond the USHS level yet.

Prucha73 10-01-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerFan13
If you're going by potential, that's fine. I'd argue that Roche has better potential than Paiement and Greg Moore, though

If you were going by each player's likelihood to make it to the NHL. I'd argue that he'd be ahead of the two players I mentioned above as well as Petruzalek, and also Ryan since he hasn't been tested beyond the USHS level yet.

I disagree. I think his chances aren't great, especially with Olver and Ryan who are Roche type players but are more talented.

As for Greg Moore he had 16 points in 33 games in his rookie season; Roche had 18 points in 38 games and was over a year older than Moore. Plus Moore got more size.

And what is wrong with Paiement? He was 2nd among defensemen in QMJHL in scoring and this season got 6 points in 3 games and has decent size and leadership.

Olorin 10-01-2004 01:57 PM

If you use the age example for Roche the same would also hold true for Paiement. He was passed over in 2003, and he is in his 4th season in the Q. Players who have been in Juniors that long typically score more.

I'm not entirely familiar with BU's line-up last season. Though I'm willing to bet Roche wasn't counted on for as much offense as Olver was for the Wildcats.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Olver, IMO he is offensively superior to Roche. However, I do think Roche can improve his numbers to a comparable level if he's used in a more offensive role. Ryan I like quite a bit as well, especially after what was said about him during the draft special on MSG. However, it remains to be seen how he'll progress at Maine.

I definitely believe Roche has more natural talent than Greg Moore. Roche's size doesn't bother me because he plays with an edge, it would be different if he were a passive 5'11 player.

Having Olver and Ryan in the system may hinder Roche's advancement, I agree that they are similar type players. I like all three and think they each have a decent chance of panning out, though realistically I'd be pleasantly surprised if more than one did. Basically, my point is that Roche himself has enough talent to progress regardless of who else is also in the system.