HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Injury Report: Stephen Weiss (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1061855)

Don Tibbles 12-23-2011 03:41 AM

A cbssports fantasy update reported that Weiss was already ruled against the B's. If anyone can find out the severity of his "upper body" injury feel free to enlighten everyone.
Really sucks he's going to be out.

pb1300 12-23-2011 06:53 AM

It has been discussed already in the Cats Sens GDT. GR reported last night that he was out against the Bs. Hopefully they sent him home already so he can get an extra days rest. The good thing is we dont play again until Tuesday, so hopefully he will be good to go by then. Out of all the players on this team, Weiss is the last player we want out for an extended period of time. He is THAT important to this team. And Lindsay needs to be fired for jinxing the team last night, saying how we were lucky that none of the top line players have been out yet, except for the one game for Steeger.

Frek 12-23-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 41381323)
It has been discussed already in the Cats Sens GDT. GR reported last night that he was out against the Bs. Hopefully they sent him home already so he can get an extra days rest. The good thing is we dont play again until Tuesday, so hopefully he will be good to go by then. Out of all the players on this team, Weiss is the last player we want out for an extended period of time. He is THAT important to this team. And Lindsay needs to be fired for jinxing the team last night, saying how we were lucky that none of the top line players have been out yet, except for the one game for Steeger.

I really hope you're right. Losing Weiss on top of the other 6 forwards is going to really affect us.

billysbreakdown 12-23-2011 10:24 AM

#FlaPanthers recalling C Mark Cullen from San Antonio to replace Stephen Weiss

-GR

Montsy14 12-23-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLA (Post 41385675)
#FlaPanthers recalling C Mark Cullen from San Antonio to replace Stephen Weiss

-GR

Hardly :help:

Not sure I like the use of the word replace, maybe "fill in" would be better.

pb1300 12-23-2011 10:45 AM

Goldie tweeted me, saying he thinks Weiss is out until at least Tuesdays game, and that game depends on how he feels then.

Catsfan7 12-23-2011 11:50 AM

GR Twitter-
Quote:

#FlaPanthers PR now telling me team may not recall anyone today; I was told at Garden that it was Cullen. We'll see. Go w/ 7 D v #Bruins?

Panthers Rock 12-23-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsfan7 (Post 41388305)
GR Twitter-

I'm not sure if that's better or worse. I'll adjust the GDT if so, but that's risky. We have been awful with 7 D. Kinda need all the help we can get so I'm not sure what's better.

pb1300 12-23-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthers Rock (Post 41388751)
I'm not sure if that's better or worse. I'll adjust the GDT if so, but that's risky. We have been awful with 7 D. Kinda need all the help we can get so I'm not sure what's better.

Maybe its better for the injury to Weiss, meaning he will only miss tonights game? I hope so!

adam graves 12-23-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthers Rock (Post 41388751)

Oh god not the dreaded 7 dmen.....

Montsy14 12-24-2011 01:18 AM

Weiss out for Tuesday's game

Weiss, the team's first-half MVP according to Tallon, missed his first game of the season Friday after sustaining an upper-body injury early in Thursday's loss to Ottawa.

"He'll get a couple of days off, but he was fairly tender there last night and I'm not expecting him for our game against [Toronto] Tuesday as well," Dineen said

CHGoalie27 12-24-2011 01:56 AM

LOL @ AG and PR!!!! Great way to jinx it boys!

CHGoalie27 12-24-2011 01:57 AM

Does it count as 7 men if Sire Dineen moves Kuli up?

Laus723 12-24-2011 12:33 PM

Was talking to Rattrick briefly and he pointed out again the difference in-game that Weiss makes. I don't think the score would have been near that high had he been in and healthy. Add in Dineen's recently calling him the "glue" of this team and teammates acknowledging that (according to Billy and Goldie), he's probably going to get the C soon. And I think he retires a Panther.

I was iffy on him getting the C before the season began, but not anymore. He's really elevated his game, others look to him, and he's clearly a game changer on the ice.

adam graves 12-24-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 41437541)
Was talking to Rattrick briefly and he pointed out again the difference in-game that Weiss makes. I don't think the score would have been near that high had he been in and healthy. Add in Dineen's recently calling him the "glue" of this team and teammates acknowledging that (according to Billy and Goldie), he's probably going to get the C soon. And I think he retires a Panther.

I was iffy on him getting the C before the season began, but not anymore. He's really elevated his game, others look to him, and he's clearly a game changer on the ice.

I was against Weiss being Captain prior to this season. He did, IMHO, little to earn a C except for his allegiance.. This is a different Weiss, more character and leadership then exhibited prior. Whether its due to finally having a solid team around him, or a maturing process, I don't know I'm just enjoying it.

I still believe Campbell is as good a choice as Weiss; perhaps better. nevertheless I would be very comfortable with either as a selection.

Most of all I have complete faith that Dineen, a three time captain himself, will make the right choice being in the locker room himself. I believe he is clearly leaning to Weiss. I also dont think Campbell would be offended at all

Don Tibbles 12-25-2011 11:16 AM

We need him and Goc back asap.

Feliz Navidad everyone!

Beezer 12-25-2011 01:38 PM

Weiss should be back next week. Thank you Santa!!!

CHGoalie27 12-25-2011 08:22 PM

He's got the vote of at least 3 STHers!

CHGoalie27 12-25-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 41438537)
I was against Weiss being Captain prior to this season. He did, IMHO, little to earn a C except for his allegiance.. This is a different Weiss, more character and leadership then exhibited prior. Whether its due to finally having a solid team around him, or a maturing process, I don't know I'm just enjoying it.

I still believe Campbell is as good a choice as Weiss; perhaps better. nevertheless I would be very comfortable with either as a selection.

Most of all I have complete faith that Dineen, a three time captain himself, will make the right choice being in the locker room himself. I believe he is clearly leaning to Weiss. I also dont think Campbell would be offended at all

I feel the same way, I have complete trust in Dineen's judgement.

Boooooth10 12-26-2011 06:35 PM

He wasn't at practice today. I really hope he's back soon. :(

None of the other injured guys were there either. Guds was still playing forward, and he was practicing redirecting the puck in front of the net with Dineen shooting the pucks at him.

Montsy14 12-26-2011 06:58 PM

Crap, we need to find a way to get through this week. Hopefully well pick up at least 2-3 points.

PanthersHockey1 12-27-2011 08:23 AM

Why do i feel like the panthers always do a wonderful job NEVER telling us the length and extent of each of our players injuries?

In cities like toronto they want to know the exact time frame as soon as the player walks off the ice.

It sucks for fans right now because i have no idea when or who to expect to be back soon, not come back for a long time, etc.

I just wish i had a sheet saying heres the injury and heres our best estimate of when they will be back.

Im really getting sick and tired of having a guy like matt bradley on our second line. Lets go conditioning and training what the **** is going on down there.

Every game that goes by that were missing these guys is turning into points that we desperately need and keep losing in the standings.

Erick 12-27-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthersflames1 (Post 41512449)
Why do i feel like the panthers always do a wonderful job NEVER telling us the length and extent of each of our players injuries?

In cities like toronto they want to know the exact time frame as soon as the player walks off the ice.

It sucks for fans right now because i have no idea when or who to expect to be back soon, not come back for a long time, etc.

I just wish i had a sheet saying heres the injury and heres our best estimate of when they will be back.

Im really getting sick and tired of having a guy like matt bradley on our second line. Lets go conditioning and training what the **** is going on down there.

Every game that goes by that were missing these guys is turning into points that we desperately need and keep losing in the standings.

Dude, Matt Bradley is NOT on our 2nd line.

.......he's on the 1st line. :(

adam graves 12-27-2011 11:11 AM

Weiss out for today. Cullen centering.

GoRatsGo 12-27-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 41516031)
Weiss out for today. Cullen centering.

Awesome. :help: