HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Prospect Info: Alexander Khoklachev Makes Russian World Junior Team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1061875)

bruinsfan46 12-23-2011 05:43 AM

Alexander Khoklachev Makes Russian World Junior Team

This may belong in the Prospects Thread but with so few prospects to make the World Juniors recently and the disappointments with Ferlin, Spooner and Knight I figured I'd create a thread on the second Bruins prospect to make a Top Division squad. Don't have my official source but the European posters in the following thread confirm the final cuts to be Namestnikov, Pedan, Kudinov, Galimov and Zlobin leaving Khoklachev as one of the 12 forwards to make the team: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1041965&page=10

Reports are he played on an all OHL line with Telegin and Yakupov (they also played together at the Subway Super Series) and were the best Russian line against the Czechs last night. Playing with Yakupov would put him in a scoring role for sure.

Edit: official link: http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...ash=3239ba2723

Dellstrom 12-23-2011 06:00 AM

Wow, good for him. He was a steal, I think he's a 1st line talent. Can't wait to watch him and Dougie. We came away from this draft with two players that fell into our lap.

ODAAT 12-23-2011 06:39 AM

Congrats Koko Puffs!!!!

Dojji* 12-23-2011 07:30 AM

http://www.vintagedepotdirect.com/media/CC42.jpg

BeantownHockey19 12-23-2011 09:35 AM

wow good for him :handclap:

on a side note this team is built with awesome second rounders

Bergeron (2003 45th Overall)
Krejci (2004 63rd Overall)
McQuaid (2005 55th Overall)
Lucic (2006 50th Overall)

and now Khoklachev

Dojji* 12-23-2011 09:40 AM

Not to mention Marchmont, who was a 3rd.

BeantownHockey19 12-23-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dojji (Post 41384471)
Not to mention Marchmont, who was a 3rd.

as was Chara

Kvartalnov_Fan 12-23-2011 09:53 AM

Good stuff. Hopefully the kid takes his game to the next level.

UConn126 12-23-2011 10:09 AM

Any chance Spooner makes team Canada?

Ivyy13 12-23-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConn126 (Post 41385269)
Any chance Spooner makes team Canada?

No..... Mono.

TheReal13Linseman 12-23-2011 10:21 AM

I'm koo koo for Ko Ko.

Man, has our scouting/talent evaluation improved by a factor of 1000 during the past several years!

Jacobs, Chia and Co. deserve an unbelievable amount of credit for restoring this franchise to where it should be.

UConn126 12-23-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan11 (Post 41385373)
No..... Mono.

Ah bummer. Well at least we'll still get to watch Koko and Dougie.

Joe Zanussi 12-23-2011 10:26 AM

Good for Koko....Russia has the best group of forwards in the tourney. Not an easy group for which to make the cut. Great news.

Krejci's little brother made the Czechs, too.

Rookie Chargers 12-23-2011 11:49 AM

Wow! Is what I said when I saw the Junior stats in this past Wednesday's paper.

I think he has 3 or 4 points on Hamilton.

Bure 12-23-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan11 (Post 41385373)
No..... Mono.

I saw him at the sens game yesterday. I guess he's better now, but obviously too late to play for Canada.

Mr. Make-Believe 12-23-2011 12:15 PM

:handclap: Woo-hoo!

Khokhlachev is my favorite forward prospect. So happy to hear that he made the team...

It's going to feel really odd cheering for both Canada AND Russia this year. :laugh:

rocketdan9 12-23-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe (Post 41389151)

Khokhlachev is my favorite forward prospect. So happy to hear that he made the team...

It's going to feel really odd cheering for both Canada AND Russia this year. :laugh:

My favorite also. Kid is a steal

Mike Yeos Eyebrows 12-23-2011 03:48 PM

KoKo Costanza

EastCoastNiner 12-23-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe (Post 41389151)

I think he had a good shot at being an absolute stud. I know I voted for him as the #2 prospect (maybe #1) when there were polls on this board over the summer ranking the Bruins prospects.

Curls13 12-23-2011 06:27 PM

Looking forward too seeing him play. That Russian team has some serious firepower up front.

BronxBruin 12-24-2011 12:56 AM

The good news: the NHL Network will be airing several WJC games here in the U.S.

The bad news: they won't be airing any of Russia's games unless they reach the elimination rounds.

Not only would I like to see Koko but Russia has some serious talent and is going to entertaining to watch.

ODAAT 12-24-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman (Post 41385587)
I'm koo koo for Ko Ko.

Man, has our scouting/talent evaluation improved by a factor of 1000 during the past several years!

Jacobs, Chia and Co. deserve an unbelievable amount of credit for restoring this franchise to where it should be.

I`m thoroughly convinced that the "scouting" staff was basically a couple of guys who sat around, watched a few highlights of Junior/NCAA/European games and made their evaluations and decisions that way.

It had to be, cuz there is no other explanation for the baffling picks this organization made for many years.

Every team makes draft mistakes, some prospects for a wide variety of reasons just can`t make the jump to pro, I`m almost more impressed at those small aquisitions/trades in which Chia has snagged guys like a Quaider/Boychuk, how about receiving Soupy in the Wideman and Horton package too??? Not sure many here (well I didn`t that`s for sure) anticipated how well he`d fit into a Bruins system.

ODAAT 12-24-2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BronxBruin (Post 41426961)
The good news: the NHL Network will be airing several WJC games here in the U.S.

The bad news: they won't be airing any of Russia's games unless they reach the elimination rounds.

Not only would I like to see Koko but Russia has some serious talent and is going to entertaining to watch.

TSN doing the major coverage here, what I`m most looking forward to, or asking the man/woman/entity upstairs is that Pierre the Monster Maguire remains far away from any microphone during this tournament which I am assuming he is not being part of TSN anymore?????

I know it`s just pre tournament games but Sweden played a fantastic game last night against Team Canada, I like that they took it to our boys, often helps wake a team up with a good ole fashion loss.

Dom - OHL 12-24-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 41431961)
TSN doing the major coverage here, what I`m most looking forward to, or asking the man/woman/entity upstairs is that Pierre the Monster Maguire remains far away from any microphone during this tournament which I am assuming he is not being part of TSN anymore?????

I know it`s just pre tournament games but Sweden played a fantastic game last night against Team Canada, I like that they took it to our boys, often helps wake a team up with a good ole fashion loss.

You are safe ODAAT, no Pierre for this tournament.

About Koko though, from what I understand, he'll be getting some time with Yakupov on his wing so he'll be given every opportunity. Not sure how much will be 5 on 5 and how much will be PP time, but that'll be good for him to have a dynamic player like Nail flanking him.

ODAAT 12-24-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky (Post 41432001)
You are safe ODAAT, no Pierre for this tournament.

About Koko though, from what I understand, he'll be getting some time with Yakupov on his wing so he'll be given every opportunity. Not sure how much will be 5 on 5 and how much will be PP time, but that'll be good for him to have a dynamic player like Nail flanking him.

PHEW, I get so tired of his act

Thx for the update, I am really excited to actually be able to watch this tournament and have a few prospect of the B`s to watch, which I normally don`t have the opportunity to do.

I`ll be honest, I haven`t had the chance to see Koko play yet, and if he`s flanking the Yak, he`ll surely get his chances, the Russian coaches must think highly of him to put him out there with him too.