HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Rumor: CBJ, Montreal trade imminent (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1062121)

Dr. Fire 12-23-2011 02:20 PM

CBJ, Montreal trade imminent

Saw this on twitter. Anyone else seeing this out there in the hockey world. After holiday freeze.

650X2 12-23-2011 02:23 PM

Lol i just posted about this in the Rebuild thread about this. I saw it too.

I have to think it is for Brassard or Vermette they love their Frenchies.
I hope it is Vermette.

edit it wont happen until the freeze ends which im not sure when that is.

Gagnefan924 12-23-2011 02:23 PM

Link? We better not be trading Brassard...kid finally had a few good games in a row...

CapnCornelius 12-23-2011 02:24 PM

Well, the Francophone fanbase is ticked that their coach is an English speaker. I can think of a likely candidate who can speak the mother tongue to their heart's delight.

And, as with all Francophones, it has been rumored for a long time.

What we get back will be interesting. My guess is a pick or some sort of minor prospect. Think Letestu or Nikitin.

CapnCornelius 12-23-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 41393293)
Link? We better not be trading Brassard...kid finally had a few good games in a row...

Which means we'll never have a better chance to get rid of him.

650X2 12-23-2011 02:26 PM

If this trade happens the return will tell us the direction of the franchise. Hopefully we go into blow it up mode.

Id like a different GM to do that though.

Mathradio 12-23-2011 02:26 PM

Hopefully it doesn't involve Montreal's 2nd or 1st-rounder.

Gagnefan924 12-23-2011 02:26 PM

HOT INFO: The #Habs and #CBJ have a multi player deal in the works. Some players have already been decided, but deal still being tweeked.
4 hours ago

Source says chance a deal is DONE between the 2 teams after roster freeze and before New Year is HIGH. #Habs #CBJackets #Canadiens #CBJ

Not sure how reliable.

650X2 12-23-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathradio (Post 41393399)
Hopefully it doesn't involve OUR 2nd or 1st-rounder.

fixed.

650X2 12-23-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 41393415)
HOT INFO: The #Habs and #CBJ have a multi player deal in the works. Some players have already been decided, but deal still being tweeked.
4 hours ago

Source says chance a deal is DONE between the 2 teams after roster freeze and before New Year is HIGH. #Habs #CBJackets #Canadiens #CBJ

Not sure how reliable.

Well he is a ******* ******** so it has to be reallyy reliablee right?

Gagnefan924 12-23-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnCornelius (Post 41393375)

You're totally right. Hes a bust. Trade him for whatever we can get. :shakehead

CapnCornelius 12-23-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

4 hours ago

Not sure how reliable.

Not very, is my guess. Any time someone purposely mispells "Insider" you can bet they aren't a real Insider. Much like the old "NSider".

Dr. Fire 12-23-2011 02:30 PM

From Twitter

Quote:

******* ********@HockeyyInsiderrReply
Quote:

******* ********@HockeyyInsiderrReply
Source says chance a deal is DONE between the 2 teams after roster freeze and before New Year is HIGH
Don't know how reliable this guy is, but found it quite intriguing.

*EDIT*

Must have been typing this when it was posted above. Sorry about the repeat.

Mathradio 12-23-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 650X2 (Post 41393443)
fixed.

If it doesn't involve neither he Habs' 1st or 2nd, nor ours, I can live with that.

650X2 12-23-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathradio (Post 41393579)
If it doesn't involve neither he Habs' 1st or 2nd, nor ours, I can live with that.

Why Habs first is shaping up to be top 10 maybe top 5.

Two Top 5 picks surely we cant even mess that up.

CapnCornelius 12-23-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 41393501)
You're totally right. Hes a bust. Trade him for whatever we can get. :shakehead

Yes, that's the only reason you trade players, because they are busts. Not because they don't fit into your team or because they could get you something you need more.

Face facts--Brassard is not capable of two-way play. With Johansen and Carter as the top 2 centers going forward, he's no longer a necessity for this team and he's salarythat can be cut.

Being a center, he has trade value. Being a former lottery pick who is young, a team like the Habs may think he has even more value.

CBJBrassard16 12-23-2011 02:34 PM

Me when I first opened this: :jump: :scared: :eek:

Quote:

4 hours ago

Not sure how reliable.

Me After This: :shakehead:nopity:

Gagnefan924 12-23-2011 02:34 PM

I have no idea where these two teams would even start. There are so many RFAs and UFAs on MTL its kind of difficult to start even a proposal.

Gagnefan924 12-23-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnCornelius (Post 41393661)
Yes, that's the only reason you trade players, because they are busts. Not because they don't fit into your team or because they could get you something you need more.

Face facts--Brassard is not capable of two-way play. With Johansen and Carter as the top 2 centers going forward, he's no longer a necessity for this team and he's salarythat can be cut.

Being a center, he has trade value. Being a former lottery pick who is young, a team like the Habs may think he has even more value.

No desire to trade him though, because I do think he is an awesome backup plan if Johansen/Carter get hurt. That said, we need to get a Kyle Turris like deal or its a complete waste of the year we sucked and another high draft pick that goes out the window for nothing.

mt-svk 12-23-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnCornelius (Post 41393375)

THIS!!!

But I dont think Brassard will be in the trade because Canadiens have Plekanec, Deshnairs who has played better than Brassard. I really dont know who can be in the trade because our problems are similar... . We will see whether it is right and if yes who.

CBJBrassard16 12-23-2011 02:44 PM

Brassard for Subban

:sarcasm:

CapnCornelius 12-23-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 (Post 41393805)
No desire to trade him though, because I do think he is an awesome backup plan if Johansen/Carter get hurt. That said, we need to get a Kyle Turris like deal or its a complete waste of the year we sucked and another high draft pick that goes out the window for nothing.

That's an expensive backup plan. And there are going to be other options soon with guys like Jenner and Tynan.

Trade targets in Montreal though aren't exactly impressive outside of draft picks. A guy like Gorges would be great...but no way they trade him and he's a UFA at year end. Nothing in Hamilton really entices me outside of perhaps their goalie down there, but with Budaj as the current backup, if I'm Montreal, I don't trade the guy in the AHL because he'll be playing soon enough. A trade would the Habs to me smells of a salary dump for a pick, but maybe I'll be proven wrong.

650X2 12-23-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 41394031)
Brassard for Subban

While I like Subban I think he would fit in to well into Nationwide Country Club.

mt-svk 12-23-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 41394031)
Brassard for Subban

for Gauthier

http://b2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/0...27962972_m.jpg

CBJBrassard16 12-23-2011 02:47 PM

Wait, if Brass gets traded. What will my name turn into? :(