HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   After Injury, Hollweg's Career Back On Course (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=106350)

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-29-2004 10:36 PM

After Injury, Hollweg's Career Back On Course
 
http://www.ctnow.com/sports/hockey/h...adlines-hockey

Im glad we signed him to a 3 year contractl. I hope he plays for the Rangers within the next few years.

Edge 09-29-2004 10:45 PM

He's a tough one to judge because Medicine Hat was mediocre at the best of times.

Be interesting to see what he does with some talent around him.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-29-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
He's a tough one to judge because Medicine Hat was mediocre at the best of times.

Be interesting to see what he does with some talent around him.


I remember hearing about right before the draft that if he was taller and bigger he would be a second round pick. I wonder if that is true

Edge 09-29-2004 10:58 PM

Well I always said that if he were a legit 6'0 he easily could have gone higher.

He has a very underrated skill set that doesn't totally show up in his stats. The kid has good vision on the ice but often didn't have a ton of offensive help out there.

The biggest concern is how his body will respond to the physical demands of pro hockey. He has a lot of Todd Harvey in him.....and that's both a good thing and a bad thing.

Fletch 09-30-2004 08:18 AM

It's also tough to tell because...
 
he was 21 near the end of the season last year, not exactly young by juniors' standards.

Edge 09-30-2004 07:33 PM

He showed me a lot of progress the year after his junior year {and up until he was hurt}.

For me last year was more about proving he was at least at the level he left at.

bmoak 09-30-2004 09:00 PM

At this point in his career, would it be better for Hollweg's development to be the 4th-line center in Hartford this year, or be a top-six forward in Charlotte?

Prucha73 09-30-2004 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoak
At this point in his career, would it be better for Hollweg's development to be the 4th-line center in Hartford this year, or be a top-six forward in Charlotte?

I would prefer if he was 2nd or 3rd line winger in Hartford.

Edge 09-30-2004 10:46 PM

Which I think he will get a fair chance at.

Kubera55 10-01-2004 05:52 AM

Actually, at least one report I read had Hollweg practising between Chad Wiseman and Jed Ortmeyer in training camp. That would definitely be playing Center... and almost certainly playing 2nd line.

We'll see where he ends up though.. it'd be surprising for Layne Ullmer not to end up the 2nd line center. He's mostly just a scorer...

bmoak 10-01-2004 09:52 PM

I think Ulmer is a more likely candidate to be shifted to wing than Hollweg, since he's a sniper and not much of a playmaker.

People also forget that Betts was a pretty good scorer in the AHL as well.

I still think it would be hard for Ryan to crack the top 9 in Hartford, much less the top 6, but Murray's injury could give him a leg up.

I was thinking the top 9 might be something like...

Wiseman-Moore-Balej
Giroux-Betts-Ulmer/Gernander
Murray-Helminen-Ortmeyer

BTW Hollweg is not listed on the Ranggers page here at HF. Who do we have to contact about that?

Kubera55 10-02-2004 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoak
I think Ulmer is a more likely candidate to be shifted to wing than Hollweg, since he's a sniper and not much of a playmaker.

People also forget that Betts was a pretty good scorer in the AHL as well.

I still think it would be hard for Ryan to crack the top 9 in Hartford, much less the top 6, but Murray's injury could give him a leg up.

I was thinking the top 9 might be something like...

Wiseman-Moore-Balej
Giroux-Betts-Ulmer/Gernander
Murray-Helminen-Ortmeyer

BTW Hollweg is not listed on the Ranggers page here at HF. Who do we have to contact about that?

I'd actually prefer Giroux to be around as 'muscle' for Balej on that first line... and I wouldn't be stunned to see Betts take Moore's spot on that top line. With Murray out, I think it'll probably look something like:

Giroux-Betts-Balej
Wiseman-Moore-Ulmer
Murray/Hollweg-Helminen-Ortmeyer
Gillis-Murray/Hollweg/Falardeau-Weller

But we'll see how it hashes out with Garth's injury . . .

Prucha73 10-02-2004 12:49 PM

I would like Ulmer and Gernander to get less icetime and not take away good spots from prospects that actually have a good chance to make NHL.

Kubera55 10-02-2004 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73
I would like Ulmer and Gernander to get less icetime and not take away good spots from prospects that actually have a good chance to make NHL.

Ulmer's hardly old. I think he just turned 23. And Gernander is the team Captain. They'll get their minutes until a younger player can take shifts away from them ... *and rightly so*.

Prucha73 10-02-2004 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubera55
Ulmer's hardly old. I think he just turned 23. And Gernander is the team Captain. They'll get their minutes until a younger player can take shifts away from them ... *and rightly so*.

Ulmer is 24 and I never said he is old, but he is too slow for NHL, and it is not like he is a great scorer in AHL.

Edge 10-02-2004 04:22 PM

The kids will get their chances, and their performances will determine how they move up the ladder.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.