HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Phoenix Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Coyotes Recall McElhinney, O'Sullivan from AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1063733)

Swat Ultra 12-26-2011 04:14 PM

Coyotes Recall McElhinney, O'Sullivan from AHL

GLENDALE, ARIZONA – Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney announced today that the Coyotes have recalled goaltender Curtis McElhinney from the Portland Pirates, the Coyotes American Hockey League affiliate (AHL). The Coyotes have also recalled forward Patrick O’Sullivan from Portland on an emergency basis.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=608173

moosemeister 12-26-2011 04:30 PM

If Sully back means less Pyatt or Chipchura I'm happy

Builditagain* 12-26-2011 04:59 PM

Hopefully they play Sully with some linemates with feelings in thier hands!:)Who is hurting besides Schmitty?:cry:

Magnifique 12-26-2011 05:24 PM

I haven't been following Hanzal's injury, but could Sully coming up mean he is out tonight? If it means Pyatt is taking a seat, thank goodness. Pyatt is ****ing useless.

Builditagain* 12-26-2011 06:03 PM

I thought Sully had to clear re-entry waivers to be back in Phoenix? and whats the difference with Pogges and Mac?

wasabi2 12-26-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkelley (Post 41487211)
I thought Sully had to clear re-entry waivers to be back in Phoenix? and whats the difference with Pogges and Mac?

I thought so too.
Does he have to clear re-entry:sarcasm:

Swat Ultra 12-26-2011 06:10 PM

Patrick O’Sullivan from Portland on an emergency basis. no wavers

wasabi2 12-26-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swat Ultra (Post 41487579)
Patrick O’Sullivan from Portland on an emergency basis. no wavers

What does that mean emergency basis?

Can he stay indefinitely?

Does he have to clear waivers at some point?
-regular waivers or re-entry waivers:dunno:

Could this be a set up for a possible trade?

Builditagain* 12-26-2011 06:36 PM

Trade him! SullyTo NYIslanders for anything please.:sarcasm:

Muppet 12-26-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkelley (Post 41489285)
Trade him! SullyTo NYIslanders for anything please.:sarcasm:

Sully for Tavares!

Naych_PHX 12-26-2011 07:26 PM

I don't know what Pyatt's been doing. Chip has been more noticeable than him. For most of last season Pyatt was one of our leading goal scores. He just seemed to be able to pick em up every now and then. He's a UFA after this year, and I can't see very many teams, with serious offers, calling his way this summer with the way he's been playing so far.

POS? What can you say, it's like a broken record with him. Always underachieving and giving off that lazy vibe. Maybe dress him with Chip, Bizz and scratch Pyatt. POS may spark something since he'll be playing against LA.

Builditagain* 12-26-2011 08:01 PM

Sully be lazy just help out with the secondary scoring please!:laugh:

wildcat48 12-27-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkelley (Post 41487211)

Emergency recall had nothing to do with it.... I told you before that O'Sullivan didn't need re-entry waivers because his AHL salary of 105K is below the required threshold for this season. I confirmed it with Brad Treliving.

McElhinney need recall waivers because his salary at the AHL was over 200k. Pogge didn't need waivers at all to be recalled or sent down because he cleared waivers at the start of the season and his AHL salary is 105K and he wasn't on the Coyotes roster for 10 games or 30 days.

Here's the rule again....

Quote:

The Re-Entry Waiver procedure will not, however, be applicable to Veteran Minor League Players defined as follows: (i) for goaltenders, Players who have: (A) played in 180 or more professional games in North America (NHL, AHL and ECHL), and (B) not spent more than 80 NHL games on NHL roster over the prior two (2) seasons or more than 40 NHL games on NHL roster in the immediately prior season; and (ii) for defensemen and forwards, Players who have: (A) played in 320 or more professional games in North America (NHL, AHL and ECHL), and (B) not spent more than 80 NHL games on NHL roster over the prior two (2) seasons or more than 40 NHL games on NHL roster in the immediately prior season.

wildcat48 12-27-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naych_PHX (Post 41492533)
I don't know what Pyatt's been doing. Chip has been more noticeable than him. For most of last season Pyatt was one of our leading goal scores. He just seemed to be able to pick em up every now and then. He's a UFA after this year, and I can't see very many teams, with serious offers, calling his way this summer with the way he's been playing so far.

POS? What can you say, it's like a broken record with him. Always underachieving and giving off that lazy vibe. Maybe dress him with Chip, Bizz and scratch Pyatt. POS may spark something since he'll be playing against LA.

Edwards was very candid tonight about his time in Portland...

Quote:

"I thought he produced for us, but I thought there was a lot more to his game. If he comes back, we’ll ask a lot for him because I didn’t think he gave us near what his potential is while he was here. He offensively dynamic, but to me the play away from the puck would have to be a lot better. I hope for his sake he never comes back, but if he does come back. We’ll ask him to do what we’ve asked everybody else to do. That’s having a larger buy-in to the way we have play to be successful – 200 foot game. Be a harder worker. Work hard away from the puck and play hard in the defensive zone."

GraniteHead 12-27-2011 01:31 AM

Meanwhile, he was +2, and made a hell of a nice pass to Torres for goal #2. He didn't play half bad, and it was one of the first times he'd been given meaningful moments since the first handful of games he's played for the Yotes. (that being said, he'll be in Portland before long...)

wildcat48 12-27-2011 07:32 AM

He scored in Portland and was a plus-2 here as well.... The issue is his play away from the puck and his attitude.

Builditagain* 12-27-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcat48 (Post 41508473)
Edwards was very candid tonight about his time in Portland...

Its real simple don't ask him back trade him!:laugh:

rt 12-27-2011 10:32 AM

Both played great.

Builditagain* 12-27-2011 11:15 AM

I think this team is in big trouble without Schmitty.Trade is in order if it is longer than2 weeks for his return-clock is ticking.:cry:

LuLuBelle 12-27-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcat48 (Post 41511911)
He scored in Portland and was a plus-2 here as well.... The issue is his play away from the puck and his attitude.

Tippett said he had a good attitude when they sent him to Portland and that they thought he sparked the team there.

Swat Ultra 12-27-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuLuBelle (Post 41526979)
Tippett said he had a good attitude when they sent him to Portland and that they thought he sparked the team there.

Yeah they say a lot of things that are clearly not true, anyone that saw him play in portland would call that a very blatant fabrication.

wildcat48 12-27-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swat Ultra (Post 41527333)
Yeah they say a lot of things that are clearly not true, anyone that saw him play in portland would call that a very blatant fabrication.

I agree... My post #14 clearly showed that Edwards wasn't pleased and not only that O'Sullivan himself was vocal on his displeasure about being in Portland.... Like I said, he put up the points, but his play away from the puck was that of a player in Major Midget.

knowsthegame 12-27-2011 06:15 PM

Would we be better off with MacLean over POS? Really, what are our options?
Our depth other than on D is underwhelming.

sueroe 12-27-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcat48 (Post 41528413)
I agree... My post #14 clearly showed that Edwards wasn't pleased and not only that O'Sullivan himself was vocal on his displeasure about being in Portland.... Like I said, he put up the points, but his play away from the puck was that of a player in Major Midget.

The fact that he voiced his displeasure at being in Portland in a good thing. It is in no way an attitude problem. He shouldn't want to be there and he voiced the same displeasure when going to Houston. The coach in Houston anticipated that it would be very difficult for him transitioning to the ahl as it can be a huge disappointment and let down for anyone in that situation, so he met with him right off the bat to lay the foundation and get the kid bought in down there. Yeo indicated it was all good in the end as he had a great attitude. Perhaps O'sullivan still has a good attitude with the players etc.

So he didn't invest in the play without the puck and he needs to be accountable for that. He did add immediate offense which is good. Hopefully when he goes back down he can get his head in the game. From what i read the coach was basically saying he needs more out of him and wants him to work to his potential. He is going to ask what he asks of everyone else, which of course the coach should have done at the onset.

RemoAZ 12-27-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkelley (Post 41516135)
I think this team is in big trouble without Schmitty.Trade is in order if it is longer than2 weeks for his return-clock is ticking.:cry:

I think we need to get Vancouver into talks and make a bold move for Schneider. Anybody not named OEL, Yandle or Hanzal should be in play.