HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: First Snowstorm of the Winter! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1063831)

FrankMTL 12-26-2011 07:50 PM

First Snowstorm of the Winter!
 
I know some have been praying for it, and some have been hoping that it would hold off a little while longer, but it looks like the first snowstorm of this winter will be hitting Montreal starting tomorrow evening. We should be getting a good 20+ cm. For a winter that started off with so little snow, we seem to be getting all of it at around the same time. :snow: :slaugh:

For those who have to drive be careful on the roads!

crazyd 12-26-2011 07:53 PM

I can tell you one thing...Winter is sure in "Fraser's Blower" in Quebec City for two weeks now.

Habs 4 Life 12-26-2011 07:58 PM

Sucks for all the ones planning to drive back and forth from Ottawa.

ThaDevilGirl 12-26-2011 08:00 PM

Glad I'm not working this week.

Nicko999 12-26-2011 08:03 PM

Just in time for my birthday...:shakehead

Dwight 12-26-2011 08:14 PM

I work Wednesday morning...joy

Player 61 12-26-2011 09:03 PM

Montreal and winter are a balance, the real blizzard was the Anglo coach. Been snowing for over a week in that sense!

Jigger77 12-26-2011 09:05 PM

Looks like it's going to be warm. Hopefully it's all snow and not a mix of crap.

Goldthorpe 12-26-2011 09:08 PM

La Marde Blanche S'en Vient

Bronn 12-26-2011 09:09 PM

I don't mind snow but if there is "verglas" too as rumored then this is going to suck.

ThaDevilGirl 12-26-2011 09:56 PM

Looking at the latest models I think 20 cm is out of reach for Montreal...

FrankMTL 12-27-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 41501409)
Looking at the latest models I think 20 cm is out of reach for Montreal...

You're right, looks like Montreal will be just warm enough so that it'll be more rain than expected! Although the weather forecasters are rarely right, so who knows anymore ;)

neofury* 12-27-2011 09:14 AM

I go back to work Friday. Yes, I got all but Friday off :(

Pascal 12-27-2011 09:18 AM

I don't see what the big deal is. We should all be used to it by now.. winters are very mild compared to 15-20 years ago.

MasterD 12-27-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 41513307)
I don't see what the big deal is. We should all be used to it by now.. winters are very mild compared to 15-20 years ago.

2 or 3 years ago we had 2 very big winters in a row, snow-wise, including the 2nd or 3rd biggest ever, since we have records... it just varies a lot

Jigger77 12-27-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterD (Post 41514151)
2 or 3 years ago we had 2 very big winters in a row, snow-wise, including the 2nd or 3rd biggest ever, since we have records... it just varies a lot

Milder equates to more snow. Winters are getting milder.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...getting-milder

ThaDevilGirl 12-27-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMTL (Post 41512749)
You're right, looks like Montreal will be just warm enough so that it'll be more rain than expected! Although the weather forecasters are rarely right, so who knows anymore ;)

I'd say within 48h they're pretty good but you can never predict with absolute certainty the track of a storm.

So Montreal might be all rain, Laurentides, Québec and Saguenay all snow. Difficult conditions ahead for these regions as it's going to be windy tomorrow.

FrankMTL 12-27-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 41515221)
I'd say within 48h they're pretty good but you can never predict with absolute certainty the track of a storm.

So Montreal might be all rain, Laurentides, Québec and Saguenay all snow. Difficult conditions ahead for these regions as it's going to be windy tomorrow.

I agree! I think what's even more difficult in this case is gauging the temperature as 1 degree will make all the difference in Montreal. They say it'll be 1 degree in Montreal, but if it ends up being zero, it will change everything. Some areas just north of Montreal in Laval, Blainville or Terrebonne could be all snow.

habs03 12-27-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight (Post 41495473)
I work Wednesday morning...joy

your looking at it the wrong way.

Good excuse not to come into work..
;)

ThaDevilGirl 12-27-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMTL (Post 41515361)
I agree! I think what's even more difficult in this case is gauging the temperature as 1 degree will make all the difference in Montreal. They say it'll be 1 degree in Montreal, but if it ends up being zero, it will change everything. Some areas just north of Montreal in Laval, Blainville or Terrebonne could be all snow.


Yeah, it's that crazy. I just checked again and there is a slight possibility of freezing rain for tonight but I have my doubts on that. Other than that I think Montreal can expect up to 5 cm of snow tomorrow afternoon as the temperature drops below 0 C, with winds above 30 km/h. great day to stay home haha

beowulf 12-27-2011 11:06 AM

back in Ottawa early after spending christmas with family in montreal, didn't want to get stuck driving home in what is suppose to be coming.

Phil Parent 12-27-2011 11:13 AM

Snow-shovelling is one of my best workouts. So bring it on, ya mother-nature BIATCH! Snow-hurricane us!

FrankMTL 12-27-2011 11:17 AM

Well, its moving north of Montreal now, looks like we'll only get a couple of cm of snow, but lots of rain..

BruinsBtn 12-27-2011 11:24 AM


Dwight 12-27-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs03 (Post 41515537)
your looking at it the wrong way.

Good excuse not to come into work..
;)

Ha! If only I could use it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.