HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   The Best Game You Ever Played (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1065155)

Grinder89 12-28-2011 05:40 PM

The Best Game You Ever Played

For all you hockey players, list your crowning achievement in your hockey experience! Please include description of the game, how old you were, if the game impacted your life at all and your final point line from the game!

For all you out there who have played for a while, you might have a top five or top ten, so feel free to post however you like! I'm interested to hear your stories!

Halifaxhab* 12-28-2011 08:04 PM

I was 18 and playing for my Army batallion in a National tournament, we were in the semi-finals against one of our arch-rivals it was the last 15 seconds and we were down 5-4, we won the face-off and I was able to crash the net and shovel in the tying goal. We went thru the two overtime periods allowed by the tourney (one 20min, one 10min) still tied.

We had a shootout and we tied 0-0 after the 1st 5 shooters when it went into sudden death shootout (we were 2nd in the order) the other team missed their shot and the coach sent me out (I have no idea why) and I came in hard and fast and buried a snapper top blocker sending us to the finals (that we won for the 6th straight year...my 1st)

I finished the game with 1G - 1A - 1SOG - 12PIM( 2fights and roughing minor...I know, I had anger issues)

To this day, 17 years later I still love to chirp those guys from the other team whenever I see any of them in my travels and I actually work daily with one of them who also transferred to the Navy like I did (which you can do in Canada as our military is unified)...and he hates it when I hang my gold medal from my locker (that is next to his) every Sunday we spend at sea. He also really hates the pictures I email him as well.

r3cc0s 12-28-2011 09:03 PM

a couple good games this year... most memorable was about 3 weeks back

for some reason everything felt good... confidant in my skates and hands, did have a pre-game coffee and I worked my ass off

made 3 assists and 5 goals and was really the only two way player on my team keeping us in there

griffpf 12-29-2011 12:04 AM

when i was last year midget played a game in a tournament and my d partner and i went plus 8 in a 8-7 win.. also racked up 5 points and my partner got 5 as well was the best game i can remember or playing a barn burner getting like 3 goals and 4 apples in a 10-1 win

SauceHockey 12-29-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griffpf (Post 41592841)
when i was last year midget played a game in a tournament and my d partner and i went plus 8 in a 8-7 win.. also racked up 5 points and my partner got 5 as well was the best game i can remember or playing a barn burner getting like 3 goals and 4 apples in a 10-1 win

4 apples in one game!!!! NHL'ers could not get that many apples!!!!!1

Jarick 12-29-2011 08:54 AM

First game of this year I had 4g 1a, missed on 4 other breakaways, and lost an apple on a goal that was waved off. All downhill from there.

Mansfield 12-29-2011 09:36 AM

In my 4 years of playing organized hockey, I have one goal, off a deflection. That was the best game I ever played :P

Stickmata 12-29-2011 01:29 PM

My favorite memory of all time was actually 30+ years ago, playing deck hockey on Long Island as a teen, scoring the tying goal with 15 seconds left in a semifinal playoff game and then having my best friend score the winning goal in OT. Wonderful memory because of when it happened and who I got to share it with.

On ice, my best game was a 3 goal, 1 assist game, which, of course, came in a meaningless pre-season game. My favorite game was a game early this season when our team played with only 6 skaters against a team with 17. I've never skated so hard and been so beat in my life. We tied 2-2 and I scored the tying goal. That was a fun game.

shawn1331 12-29-2011 02:54 PM

My 1st hat trick was cool.

It was in minor bantam I think, against our rival I scored 3 goals in one shift in under 1:30. That was pretty cool, I always played awesome against them and would usually get 2 goals but I was never able to get 3.

Now that I got one hattie I have gotten 2 or 3 a year since then.

Another time was when I had so many chances for breakaways and I was missing the pass by just an inch, they were just too far every time. On like the 4th or 5th pass I dove and got it slowed down, but it still slid in ahead of me so their goalie came rushing out and I was clearly going to beat him so he threw his stick. I got a penalty shot and it was my first ever, I had no idea what to do so I came in real slow and sniped a snap shot bar down. Did I mention that was the playoff winner:P

Dr Van Nostrand 12-29-2011 11:23 PM

Probably in a 9-2 win a few years back, had 2 goals and 3 assists and also had another goal but it wasn't credited because it was only 5 inches past the goal line :P

Royal Canuck 12-30-2011 07:08 AM

As a goalie, theres a couple. Either winning my school tournament 3-2 in an epic 5 round shoutout or standing on my head to win a gold medal game 2-1.

As a player, probably my 2nd game ever playing player, (this year)
Got a goal and 3 assists. My goal was beauty, on a 2 on 1, the pass to me was behind me, reached back with my stick, caught the puck, flicked the puck through my legs while going by the defenseman then went 5-hole. the 3 assists were all nice too. I'm a two-way player, so i don't get many offensive chances.

pld459666 12-30-2011 08:05 AM

Played in a BS league in Danbury CT, team we were playing were made up of Cops and Firemen (Team Name = Guns and Hoses, pretty cute)

Anyway, I've played against cops in baseball, basketball and hockey and for some reason I cannot stand the arrogance that they display like their crap doesn't stink.

Anyhoo, the stars must have aligned for me that night as I played the most prickish game I have ever played, I had the whole bench threatening me while I was on the ice and while I was on the bench. To make matters worse/better (depending on your POV) We won 3-0 and I scored all three goals.

The first goal was a sick wrap around that I was shocked I scored. It was the first time I ever tried it and it could not have been a more perfect goal. The Ref was in perfect position to see the puck hit the back of the net and bounce right back under the goalies pad who swore he made the save.

The 2nd goal was a laser of a one-timer from the point. Beat the goalie clean. The shot was about 2 inches inside the post about 8 inches off the ice. The shot was straight in on the goalie, no angle and no obstructed view. My favorite goal of all time since i am no bomber. I just happened to get ALL of that one.

Last goal was a cheapie, but I'll take it.

The puck was deflected up in the air from a point shot, it was over my head and I reached and jumped for it. The puck bounced off my glove and over the goalies shoulder in the net.

Now, I have my back turned to the goalie, my arm was straight up above my head and I jumped straight up in the air.

The goalie and team were all PO'd as they were saying it should not have counted, but the ref stated that since there was no batting of the puck towards the goal and the attempt was made to actually catch the puck as opposed to hit it into the net, the end result stood.

Credit to the Cops and Firemen, I was a major plick that game and to a man, they all shook my hand at the end of the game and each one complimented me on a great game.

Felt good not to have any tickets on my car after the game, cause there was some major concern there. lol.

Did it affect my life? Nah...it was just a good game. One I have yet to dulpicate since grrr.

flyersguy33* 01-01-2012 10:18 PM

Made it to Nationals back in 2003 with my midget team. Was pretty cool how we got there. Lost our first game of the double elimination round robin so we dropped to the losers bracket and had to win our next 5 games. Won those to get to the finals. Played the team we lost our first game to in the round robin in a best of 3 with the winner going to nationals. Lost the first game again and then won the next two. As a goalie I didnt play in any of those games. Got to Nationals and I played 2 of the 3 pool play games. First game we won 5-1 and I had 26 saves. Second game I played we lost 2-1 in OT, but I had something like 52 saves. Should have played in the quarter finals but I didnt and we ended up losing.

In high school we played in a tournament. That year was the first year for our school team, we had a team before but the school split the previous year. We played the defending state champs in a semi final game. We were down 1 with like 2 minutes left, we score to tie the game and force OT. No one scores in OT so we go to a shootout in which we ended up winning and I didnt allow a goal. Was a pretty good feeling.

Played D3 club hockey in college. Had won game where we won 5-4. The other team had 84 shots on goal. Needless to say, I pretty much stole that game. Last year we beat a team in our league that hadnt lost a league game in over 2 years and always went to nationals and did really well there.

RandV 01-02-2012 02:01 AM

Mine goes back a few years to my very first full season (summer) in the beginners division, back when I could actually score :laugh:

Top one was against the top team of our division who usually smoked us like 15-2... we had a horrible goalie. Anyways, with a different guy in net, near the end of the season and needing a win to keep our playoff chances alive, we had to play them with only 7 or 8 guys on the bench. I scored to make it 2-0, we ran out of steam in the third and they tied it sending us to a short OT period, where I banged home the garbage for the big OT winner!

The other one was a sort of surreal shift. This was in Calgary, where flash hail storms are common in the summer. It only last two minutes but one hit us near the end of a period in an old arena and it made it sound like we were playing by a big waterfall. Inspired by mother nature I scored two goals on that shift :)

kevinsane 01-02-2012 02:18 AM

Played with a roller jockey team where we improved and moved up a level every year. We decided that 1999-2000 would be our last season together, as I was moving away and several younger guys were heading to college or jobs as firefighters in other cities. We started 2-2, then won 12 in a row. Swept two best of threes to make the finals, then Played a best of five final. The most close knit team I've ever been on. The Final was against a team of good guys and good Players. We won one, they won one. We won, they won. Every game was decided by one goal, which is rare in roller.
Game five I stood on my head, we had 75 friends and family there, and with a one goal lead and 42 seconds left I made a huge glove save on a breakaway.
Best game ever.

BIitz 01-03-2012 05:27 AM

Final Four in a AAA hockey tourny. 4 goals

Danglous 01-03-2012 08:51 AM

I was at a surprise BBQ/party for my friend who just turned 21. Later that night I showed up ****faced to my mens league game at the beginning of the 2nd period. I'm a defenseman, and in my first shift of the game I stripped a kid of the puck in my zone, charge through the neutral zone and literally dangled through the last 4 guys all the way down the ice, then blew it past the goalie high glove. Not my highest stat game, but my most impressive on the ice moment because of how much I drank beforehand :cheers:

Fixed to Ruin 01-03-2012 11:04 AM

One of the best games i've played was against my cousin of the same age.

He lived in a different town so we rarely played each other, but on this occasion the game was on a Sunday afternoon so a few of my uncles and grandparents showed up to watch.

The game started off badly for us we ended up down 4-1 near the end of the second when my cousin had the opportunity to hammer me into the boards when I was in a vulnerable position. So of course he did and knocked the wind out of me.

I was slow to get up and as I did i could here my uncles making fun of me and calling me a wuss and so on. I got really mad, :rant: and in Jarome Iginla like fashion scored 3 goals and 1 assist in the 3rd period, including the tying goal with the goalie pulled with 14 seconds left in the game.

I've hada 4 goal game and an MVP of a tournament and it still feel as good as that game.