HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Getzlaf and Ladd article (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=106517)

Edge 09-30-2004 08:47 PM

Getzlaf and Ladd article
 
Just found it interesting. It's no secret my opinion of both these kids in the past two drafts.

http://www.whl.ca/thisweek/?id=2278

Prucha73 09-30-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Just found it interesting. It's no secret my opinion of both these kids in the past two drafts.

http://www.whl.ca/thisweek/?id=2278


Weren't you claiming that they didn't play on the same line last season? Insider, indeed. :joker:

007 09-30-2004 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73
Weren't you claiming that they didn't play on the same line last season? Insider, indeed. :joker:

Give it a rest, man, you don't gain anything by posting stuff like that.

Synergy27 09-30-2004 10:16 PM

" Hitmen fans havenít been treated to a combination this potent and exciting since 1998-99 when Pavel Brendl and Brad Moran were lighting up goaltenders left, right, and center, finished first and second respectively in league scoring, and led the team to a Presidentís Cup and a Memorial Cup Final.
"

Good move Slats!!!

Edge 09-30-2004 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73
Weren't you claiming that they didn't play on the same line last season? Insider, indeed. :joker:

I'm assuming that was sarcasm, in which case I thought it was a good one. But to respond for those who weren't here at the time:

Your right I was......because they didn't play on the same line last year. They are however seeing a bit more time together this year.

Kovy274Hart 10-01-2004 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synergy27
" Hitmen fans havenít been treated to a combination this potent and exciting since 1998-99 when Pavel Brendl and Brad Moran were lighting up goaltenders left, right, and center, finished first and second respectively in league scoring, and led the team to a Presidentís Cup and a Memorial Cup Final.
"

Good move Slats!!!


How exactly did Moran and Brendl do thus far in the NHL?

in the hall 10-01-2004 07:29 AM

I remember they had Brendl play past the blue line since he wasn't fast enough to outskate anyone. Kris Beech and Justin (?) Aulin were also on that team. While that may not amount to much in the NHL, that is some very impressive junior talent.

allrevvedup25 10-01-2004 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
I remember they had Brendl play past the blue line since he wasn't fast enough to outskate anyone. Kris Beech and Justin (?) Aulin were also on that team. While that may not amount to much in the NHL, that is some very impressive junior talent.

I checked hockeydb and the year that Moran and Brendl finished 1-2 in scoring, there is no Aulin (that I could see). If you meant Jared Aulin, he played for Kamloops. Interesting to see Matt Kinch on that team and doing well. Here is the link:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...009942000.html

in the hall 10-01-2004 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup25
I checked hockeydb and the year that Moran and Brendl finished 1-2 in scoring, there is no Aulin (that I could see). If you meant Jared Aulin, he played for Kamloops. Interesting to see Matt Kinch on that team and doing well. Here is the link:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...009942000.html

Matt Kinch is who I meant, thanks for correcting me

Edge 10-01-2004 08:29 PM

Well I think their current duo is a wee bit better in terms of potential.

bmoak 10-01-2004 09:01 PM

That's a pretty loaded team they had in Calgary. Plus Krahn and Stana in goal. An awful lot of guys on that team were drafted, but most of them haven't amounted to much in the NHL.

Kenton Smith is signed to play in Charlotte tis year, replacing Matt Kinch as our organizational rep from the '99 Hitmen.

pld459666 10-01-2004 09:25 PM

Isn't that what they said about those 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Well I think their current duo is a wee bit better in terms of potential.


:dunno:

Edge 10-02-2004 04:12 PM

With Brendl they did, though everyone knew he was boom or bust and a high risk prospect.

Beech was a kid who had a lot of talent but questions about his attitude.

I think one difference with Ladd and Getzlaf that might work in their favor is their personalities and style of game. They are very talented but they are hard working character guys at the same time.

Whether or not it translates to the NHL game remains to be seen, but it certainly couldn't hurt.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.