HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Murray out 4-6 weeks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=106534)

RGF 09-30-2004 11:29 PM

Murray out 4-6 weeks

fractured thumb in game....suprised no one saw this

Brooklyn Ranger 09-30-2004 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGF

And where pray tell have you seen it? :help:

NYRangers 09-30-2004 11:33 PM

the official site.

Its not biggie, he will have a spot when he returns and he wont miss many games.

Prucha73 09-30-2004 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers
the official site.

Its not biggie, he will have a spot when he returns and he wont miss many games.

Season starts in less than 3 weeks, he will miss several games it seems.

Brooklyn Ranger 09-30-2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers
the official site.

Sigh, these things happen. Probably won't effect his scoring ability too much! :joker:

nyr5186 09-30-2004 11:43 PM

It might not seem like a biggie, but at the same time, its not a very encouraging sign with the injury problems he's had in the past and his style of play. I really hope he doesn't turn into another version of Todd Harvey, a guy who just cant seem to relinquish his injury bug.

NYRangers 09-30-2004 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73

So he misses a week or two, big deal.

Edge 09-30-2004 11:52 PM

Well you don't have many power forwards play every game. I wouldn't worry yet. My concern is with his scoring touch. For his style of play he's always going to miss 10 or so games a year. That is just the nature of the beast.

in the hall 10-01-2004 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Well you don't have many power forwards play every game. I wouldn't worry yet. My concern is with his scoring touch. For his style of play he's always going to miss 10 or so games a year. That is just the nature of the beast.

First thing that came to mind when I saw the thread was he's always seemed missed time or has been injured since being drafted.

Fletch 10-01-2004 09:22 AM

That's a clever post, Brooklyn...

I too have concerns over his scoring, but it's a bit of an enigma. In the NHL, when he just drives and shoots and scraps for rebounds, he seemed to do fine. Other times the puck just doesn't get to him. He seems to have the skill to score, but often doesn't get a chance to use it. Perhaps he's not too often afforded the opportunity to play with a playmaking centerman.

NYR469 10-01-2004 09:26 AM

Quote:

the majority of the games in the AHL are on the weekend, so if he is back in 4 weeks (around oct 27th) that would mean that he'd only miss 4 regular season games (plus the preseason)...so a light schedule in october will work to our benefit in that sense and will help minimize the number of games he misses.

Prucha73 10-01-2004 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
I too have concerns over his scoring, but it's a bit of an enigma. In the NHL, when he just drives and shoots and scraps for rebounds, he seemed to do fine. Other times the puck just doesn't get to him. He seems to have the skill to score, but often doesn't get a chance to use it. Perhaps he's not too often afforded the opportunity to play with a playmaking centerman.

It seems to me that he isn't trying hard to score, his main goal seems to be first to stick in NHL using his relentless checking and hard work. After he has officially an NHL player I think we will see more offense from him.

Brooklyn Ranger 10-01-2004 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch

I couldn't resist :lol:

It's funny, because I was impressed with his ability to get shots off when I saw him playing at the Garden at the end of the season. He seemed to have a good sense of where the net was and wasn't afraid to take shots.

It will be interested to see some Wolfpack games this fall and see if that experience carries over to this season for him.

Fish 10-01-2004 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I couldn't resist :lol:

It's funny, because I was impressed with his ability to get shots off when I saw him playing at the Garden at the end of the season. He seemed to have a good sense of where the net was and wasn't afraid to take shots.

It will be interested to see some Wolfpack games this fall and see if that experience carries over to this season for him.

Indeed...though most of his shots seem to go into the goaltender. When I first saw him play a couple of years ago in Hartford I thought he actually might be able to contribute offensively a little...thought he looked more comfortable with the puck than Ryan Hollweg for example...problem is he's never been able to turn it into much as he's battled injuries and perhaps just not been as good as I'd hoped.

Levitate 10-01-2004 07:15 PM

i kinda see some of barnaby in murray. without the humor of course...but i think he has the skill to provide the same level of production, sticks up for teammates and isn't afraid to fight.

i think he's got decent skills, and you see it sometimes...he's not a bad skater even though it looks kinda funny...he actually moves pretty fast. but he kinda needs to use the skills more often...IMO he's got 'em

AG9NK35DT8* 10-01-2004 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGF

thank god its only a thumb, its a ******** injury.

hell be back with out a doubt when he is better. and some mentions of him startting to put a couple pucks in the net i think the guyy will be good for 10-15 goals a season adventually. thats imo

AG9NK35DT8* 10-01-2004 08:36 PM

Quote:

It seems to me that he isn't trying hard to score, his main goal seems to be first to stick in NHL using his relentless checking and hard work. After he has officially an NHL player I think we will see more offense from him.

well said and i agre 100%, prove he is a hard nose and hard working responsible player then worry about scoring, good thinking