HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread: Sedin indefinite (concussion), Rome out 7-10 days (knee) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1066365)

thepuckmonster 12-30-2011 01:00 AM

Canucks Injury Thread: Sedin indefinite (concussion), Rome out 7-10 days (knee)

Quote:

Originally Posted by serge2k (Post 41644033)
Soft, chokers, boston has better depth, hodgson is a bust, booth is a salary dump, higgins is washed up, raymond will never be the same, and Hansen isn't as good as Helm.

No, no, no, Hansen is a scrub. Remember?

Wetcoaster 12-30-2011 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keslehr (Post 41640803)
The guy is legitimately Higgins' brother? I've never seen him post, so I don't know if he is...

Yes he is and he has been Mod-certified to be Chris' brother Kevin.

serge2k 12-30-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepuckmonster (Post 41644107)

Well the helm thing was from just a few days ago so I figure it works.

PG Canuck 12-30-2011 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoshouse (Post 41643775)
Planning on revenge for the hit? No Romes not playing..

Go take a look in the thread on their board about Rome. They all have hit lists to basically injure every player on our team. Classy is the only way to describe that thread.

thepuckmonster 12-30-2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximLapierre (Post 41646421)
Go take a look in the thread on their board about Rome. They all have hit lists to basically injure every player on our team. Classy is the only way to describe that thread.

I love how in the main board they say they don't support players getting hurt.

Except that thread reads like a group of homicidal maniacs.

Its on regular season game, christ. We're focused on beating you on the board, and you're obsessed with calling for blood.

And we're the unclassy ones.

keslehr* 12-30-2011 03:23 AM

That Bruins thread.... :shakehead:

Bunch of ****ing violent people there

Momesso 12-30-2011 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximLapierre (Post 41646421)

Just did that. Reads like a bunch of 15-year old punks out for blood. The vast majority is completely one-sided complaining that the Canucks were the only team in the SCF doing anything other than playing hockey.

No point in anyone trying to argue them, better chance of having sensible debate with a tree stump.

Best thing the Canucks can do is completely avoid the taunts and scrums, whatever the score. It will drive them nuts.

Allowing the Bruin goons to do what they do best is not a battle the Canucks will win.

IMO one of the things that lost the SCF for us was allowing the Bruins to drag us into the ditch with them.

thepuckmonster 12-30-2011 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momesso (Post 41646823)
Just did that. Reads like a bunch of 15-year old punks out for blood. The vast majority is completely one-sided complaining that the Canucks were the only team in the SCF doing anything other than playing hockey.

No point in anyone trying to argue them, better chance of having sensible debate with a tree stump.

Best thing the Canucks can do is completely avoid the taunts and scrums, whatever the score. It will drive them nuts.

Allowing the Bruin goons to do what they do best is not a battle the Canucks will win.

IMO one of the things that lost the SCF for us was allowing the Bruins to drag us into the ditch with them.

I'm sure AV is going to beat that in their heads from now until then. If they play Canucks hockey and just beat them with our speed, they'll get frustrated. It worked the first two games against them.

Type Not Specified 12-30-2011 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momesso (Post 41646823)

Yep, we just dove right in after them. :naughty:

jimmythescot 12-30-2011 04:01 AM

Losing hamhuis was the turning point in that series.

Serious question, I thought that wishing for a player to get injured was against the rules across the boards. What worries me most about the discussion is anyone disagreeing with their howling for vengeance (for little bumps their players got) is told they are trying to incite them. So this behaviour would seem to be a calm discourse about what is right and proper for their team to do, despite the vitriolic words. I had a gf from Boston and she said the guys there were like cavemen, and I thought she was being overdratic. :help:

flack 12-30-2011 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmythescot (Post 41647193)

Serious question, I thought that wishing for a player to get injured was against the rules across the boards. What worries me most about the discussion is anyone disagreeing with their howling for vengeance (for little bumps their players got) is told they are trying to incite them. So this behaviour would seem to be a calm discourse about what is right and proper for their team to do, despite the vitriolic words. I had a gf from Boston and she said the guys there were like cavemen, and I thought she was being overdratic. :help:

Also losing Aaron Rome, our winning percentage is 11% lower without Rome in our lineup.

The Boston thread not only howling for revenge, they want blood, they want all our guys to get injured. They are 100% sure that there is no way they will lose, and saying we will goon it up before they do and get humiliated.

vanuck 12-30-2011 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keslehr (Post 41646735)

What a disgusting thread.

DFAC 12-30-2011 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flack (Post 41647333)
Also losing Aaron Rome, our winning percentage is 11% lower without Rome in our lineup.

The Boston thread not only howling for revenge, they want blood, they want all our guys to get injured. They are 100% sure that there is no way they will lose, and saying we will goon it up before they do and get humiliated.

I also agree that the Rome hit on Horton was the turning point of the series. Not only did we lose a d-man, but it gave something for the Bruins to rally around. Up until then they were down 0-2 and things were looking bleak but after the hit it seemed to fire them up and we all know what happened next :cry:

And on the Rome thread on the Bruins board...just wow. What class.

RapidFire 12-30-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keslehr (Post 41646735)

they've adopted the barbaric mindset from their team...

too bad the nucks play them 10 AM vancouver time (1 PM in boston)... ****ing NHL scheduling it at such an early time.. its like they want the nucks to lose

Sayonara77 12-30-2011 09:10 AM

It's hilarious of how obsessed they are in that thread. They are *****ing about some of the obscured negative outcome that happened against their precious team in the whole series. They won the ****ing cup ffs, and yet they are resorting to childish barbaric behaviour. Love all the hatred they have for guys who aren't even normally hated like hansen, av, edler, higgins, etc.

Not sure why there are canucks fans in that thread. The rational thing is to embrace the hatred, and not care what a bunch of angry venom spewing messageboard punks have to say. Just laugh at the animosity they have regarding the team and fanbase

Alicat 12-30-2011 09:44 AM

Not all of us B's fans are like that. I'd feel the same way you all do if it were us on the losing end.

I love hockey as a whole and watch games outside of the B's so that's why I ask about Rome and Booth. I'm also on tap to make the GDT for that game and am trying to prep early.

Mr. Canucklehead 12-30-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmythescot (Post 41647193)

If you see an instance of someone wishing injury upon another player, click the Report Post button and a moderator will deal with it. That is against the site rules.

That said, let's turn this topic back to Canuck Injuries as opposed to the Boston Bruins. Thanks.

fools russian 12-30-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alycat (Post 41650457)
Not all of us B's fans are like that. I'd feel the same way you all do if it were us on the losing end.

I love hockey as a whole and watch games outside of the B's so that's why I ask about Rome and Booth. I'm also on tap to make the GDT for that game and am trying to prep early.

We know not all Boston fans are like that, but seemingly a large chunk of them are. They're mad because the Canucks were apparently gooning it up, yet that was literally Boston's MO. The double standard continues to blow my mind.

edit: back to the topic. Too bad they'll be without Booth for the Boston game. He's just the type of player they need; someone that drives to the net.

keslehr* 12-30-2011 03:30 PM

Back on topic, hopefully Booth is back soon.

mrmyheadhurts 12-30-2011 06:52 PM

Just another reminder that generalizing or demeaning a fan base is not permissible. Don't worry about the Bruins board, as Canucklehead said, going over there to defend your teams honour is trolling, it serves little purpose anyway.

Let's talk hockey and keep it civil.

vanuck 12-30-2011 08:18 PM

Is that entire thread not a violation of the rules, wishing for injury to players? And here I thought all mods were fair and just... alas. :sarcasm:

ProstheticConscience 12-31-2011 01:10 AM

Good to hear Booth is progressing, and hope our team doctors get Higgins' infection problems sorted.

------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alycat (Post 41650457)

Interesting point though: If we'd won, we'd actually be happy, not overflowing with visceral hatred and bloodlust SIX MONTHS LATER. Normally, you couldn't pay me to even click on the link for the Boston forum, but I dropped by there tonight to see what all the fuss was about. Not much surprises me in terms of trashtalk towards the Canucks on hf anymore, but how the hell can anyone even begin to justify some of the **** in there? That's what your homeboys are like when your team wins? What the hell goes on there when you lose? Is there an all-purpose Death Threat thread where you post opposing players' home addresses and digital copies of the Anarchist's Cookbook?

When the backlash happens (and it will, make no mistake) that's the stuff you should be bumping so your classy, classy buddies remember why they'll never get a shred of sympathy from anyone else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanuck (Post 41674815)
Is that entire thread not a violation of the rules, wishing for injury to players? And here I thought all mods were fair and just... alas. :sarcasm:

Santa Claus isn't real either, sad to say.

Wilch 12-31-2011 02:44 AM

Generally I think the younger generation of fans are all pretty level headed (aside from the drunks and internet trolls when given anonymity). It's the old school fans that scare me.

AndyPipkin 12-31-2011 02:58 AM

Puckmonster starts an injury thread that turns into a Bruins thread. You are now officially an HF Canucks family member:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepuckmonster (Post 41644107)

I'd like to think that I personally shutdown that thread with my last post in it :laugh:

Wetcoaster 12-31-2011 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanuck (Post 41674815)

There were similar issues with the last GDT thread on the Oilers forum for the Canucks vs. Oilers and the matter was dealt with by the Moderators.

If forum moderators are not enforcing the rules after a report then make a complaint to a Global Moderator