HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Speculation: Winter Classic in Miami? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1066393)

jol 12-30-2011 08:54 AM

Winter Classic in Miami?

Panthers are thinking to have outdoor Winter Classic game in new Marlins stadium, maybe against Tampa Bay.

"Could Miami be in line to host an outdoor hockey game as well? Don’t laugh.
Thanks to the new Marlins ballpark — and its retractable roof — ice-making experts say an NHL game could be played “outdoors’’ in South Florida. Will it ever come to pass? Well, that’s another story."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/3...#storylink=cpy

Chances are very limited, there's a long list of northern cities and also California cities, which are trying to become host of game.
What do you think?

JOL

CatWoman34 12-30-2011 09:09 AM

I would be booking a flight and flying from Canada for that, 100%. I think it'd be awesome.

I know the NHL likes the "wintery" look of snow falling and players wearing toques, so it'd be a hard sell - but I think holding a Southern classic would be a great way to keep the Winter Classic fresh and exciting, even for non-hockey fans.

adam graves 12-30-2011 09:50 AM

If they're thinking out of the box, this is the move. Even more super bowl esque. You are a perfect ex. Of someone up north on a budget that would break the bank to attend.

Btw CW I remind you again; any game u can come down two to prime tickets await .. Open invitation .. Your passion deserves it.

Jeff Shafer 12-30-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 41651939)
If they're thinking out of the box, this is the move. Even more super bowl esque. You are a perfect ex. Of someone up north on a budget that would break the bank to attend.

Btw I remind you again; any game u can come down two to prime tickets await .. Open invitation .. Your passion deserves it.

I was looking for seats in your section AG, let me know if you have a connection. I was going to try stub hub but would rather try and sit "near" you and murph

Panthers are Red 12-30-2011 10:43 AM

This would be a nice option but I really can't see it happening. Although if the team becomes more successful then the possibility definitely increases.

FlaPnthrsPunk 12-30-2011 12:17 PM

I would love the opportunity and I'm sure every Panthers and Lightning fan would as well, but I can't see fans of any norrthern teams approving this even both teams are competitive in a few years. Unfortunately, I doubt it'll ever happen.

adam graves 12-30-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Shafer (Post 41651979)
I was looking for seats in your section AG, let me know if you have a connection. I was going to try stub hub but would rather try and sit "near" you and murph

I and my partner control seats in 302 and 121. I sit some games in one and some in the others.

Murph is 118.

Tommorow night ... 302!

Panteras 12-30-2011 12:25 PM

synthetic ice?

JonathanHuberdoh 12-30-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatWoman34 (Post 41650971)
I would be booking a flight and flying from Canada for that, 100%. I think it'd be awesome.

I know the NHL likes the "wintery" look of snow falling and players wearing toques, so it'd be a hard sell - but I think holding a Southern classic would be a great way to keep the Winter Classic fresh and exciting, even for non-hockey fans.

I would be on that flight from Toronto Pearson with you!

There is no doubt I would go to this game. I think it would be a great experience and would help open up the game in Florida as well.

Your Southern Classic idea is pretty good as well. :handclap:

MillarWithASave 12-30-2011 01:00 PM

Ive always thought of Florida teams in the winter classic... would pay all the money I have to see it.

adam graves 12-30-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panteras (Post 41656739)
synthetic ice?

No, the new stadium closes...u shut her down for 2 weeks cold, and then open up right at game time and according to panthers crew would be awesome!!!

Erick 12-30-2011 02:31 PM

Personally, I'm a fan of the Winter Classic being in places that actually have a winter season.

I wish they'd let us play against one of the Northern teams in the snow or something, and we beat them. That would be fun to watch.

I think our team would be pretty entertaining to follow on HBO. Versteeg, by himself, seems like an entire good show.

Pantherfan12 12-30-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 41661329)
Personally, I'm a fan of the Winter Classic being in places that actually have a winter season.

I wish they'd let us play against one of the Northern teams in the snow or something, and we beat them. That would be fun to watch.

I think our team would be pretty entertaining to follow on HBO. Versteeg, by himself, seems like an entire good show.

I'd actually like to see Panthers Vs. Canadians in the winter classic. I hate them but we all know that they sell out the arena when they are in town and I think it would draw a big crowd.

Not to mention if we continue to win, well have a lot of Panther fans on board and can you imagine beating a Canadian team, in Florida, Winter Classic, on National Television??? Would be great.

Panteras 12-30-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 41660141)
No, the new stadium closes...u shut her down for 2 weeks cold, and then open up right at game time and according to panthers crew would be awesome!!!

ohh that's right, but the WC is supposed to be an "outdoor" event..I can already see the outcry from Canada and the north

jol 12-31-2011 05:05 PM

Timing, would this, New Years weekend, be good for Winter Classic (if it ever was going to happen in Miami)? All kind of other actions going on during this weekend, Orange Bowl etc.

JOL

Beezer 12-31-2011 09:40 PM

Could add some fake snow makers that blow soap that looks like snow.

Pantherkidd101 01-03-2012 07:58 PM

George Richards retweeted this:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...9uy6yqeOTCXR4_

http://twitter.com/#!/OnFrozenPond/s...50887563829248

MAKE IT SO!

Holy Jokinen 01-03-2012 11:58 PM

Panthers - Habs?

How pissed would people be?