HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Katie Strang: Sean Avery waived (UPDATE: Clears waivers; assigned to AHL) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1066485)

RangerBoy 12-30-2011 11:05 AM

Sean Avery waived (UPDATE: Clears waivers; assigned to AHL)
 
From: @KatieStrangESPN
Sent: Dec 30, 2011 12:04p

#NYR Rangers have waived Sean Avery -- again

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/s...97274383200256

Dustin Peener 12-30-2011 11:06 AM

Wow, didn't see this coming

Tawnos 12-30-2011 11:06 AM

*feigns shock*

wolfgaze 12-30-2011 11:07 AM

Time to move on.

Ih8theislanders 12-30-2011 11:07 AM

Couldn't have waited until after the WC?



Also pisses me off that EC is still up here.

pld459666 12-30-2011 11:09 AM

at this point, what ever.

Yet EC remains on the roster?

At least you are consistent Torts.

BroadwayBlues 12-30-2011 11:10 AM

Very strange. Certainly out of the blue.

NYRFAN218 12-30-2011 11:10 AM

Saw this coming from a mile away. Don't think Avery was given a fair chance again to win a spot but whatever, what's done is done.

As soon as Wolski comes back, I want EC gone and Mitchell as the 13th forward.

satrabyk 12-30-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 41654043)
Time to move on.

Ya he has been such a bad person here, has not helped the team at all and the coach gave him a fair shot LMFAO. Ya time to move on my fkin ass. Hey atleast Hagelin is someone i enjoy to watch who better stay in the fkin the lineup.

RGY 12-30-2011 11:10 AM

No surprise here. No team wanted to trade for him.

And yeah i'm pissed EC is still here too, however, it really has nothing to do with the players imo. More salary based than anything else.

silverfish 12-30-2011 11:11 AM

This is no surprise, unfortunately.

It would be nice if the Rangers didn't re-assign him until after the WC to at least let him experience from a pressbox, but I always have to remind myself that this is in fact, a business.

Voros and Avery reunion in Hartford! :yo:

asparkoflife 12-30-2011 11:12 AM

In before all the Avery sympathizers. Everyone shouldve seen this coming.

nyrleetch 12-30-2011 11:13 AM

Prust,Boyle,Mitchell,Christensen,Wolski,Rupp- Guys who have scored less.
Dubinsky= Goal Scoring

Glad Torts preaches accountability.

nyrleetch 12-30-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 41654191)
This is no surprise, unfortunately.

It would be nice if the Rangers didn't re-assign him until after the WC to at least let him experience from a pressbox, but I always have to remind myself that this is in fact, a business.

Voros and Avery reunion in Hartford! :yo:

Come on. You think Torts would ever do something to give Avery a benefit? :(

Vitto79 12-30-2011 11:15 AM

and there it is, means WW likely back for the Winter Classic?

FATCHAMALA11 12-30-2011 11:15 AM

Can't wait for WW to come back and float instead.. Guy sucks

BlueshirtBlitz 12-30-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrleetch (Post 41654235)
Prust,Boyle,Mitchell,Christensen,Wolski,Rupp- Guys who have scored less.
Dubinsky= Goal Scoring

Glad Torts preaches accountability.

Prust, Boyle, Mitchell, Wolski and Rupp- Guys who bring 10 times more than Avery does.

Dubinsky- What were you even trying to say here?

I AM glad Torts preaches accountability. Has EC suited up recently? No. Look at the standings.

nyrleetch 12-30-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 41654305)
Prust, Boyle, Mitchell, Wolski and Rupp- Guys who bring 10 times more than Avery does.

Dubinsky- What were you even trying to say here?

I AM glad Torts preaches accountability. Has EC suited up recently? No. Look at the standings.

Rupp? Guy has been awful. Mitchell? Yeah great turnover to blow last game. Boyle? Guy is 6-7 and plays like he's 5-8.

Dubinsky has 3 goals. So Does Avery.

pld459666 12-30-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 41654305)
Prust, Boyle, Mitchell, Wolski and Rupp- Guys who bring 10 times more than Avery does.

Dubinsky- What were you even trying to say here?

I AM glad Torts preaches accountability. Has EC suited up recently? No. Look at the standings.

sorry, but Mitchell is a borderline AHL'er. Rupp is also not a player that can provide a team more than what Avery provides.

Your disdain for Avery is showing.

Aside from Boyle's season last year, he's also borderline better.

Vitto79 12-30-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666 (Post 41654419)
sorry, but Mitchell is a borderline AHL'er. Rupp is also not a player that can provide a team more than what Avery provides.

Your disdain for Avery is showing.

Aside from Boyle's season last year, he's also borderline better.

again it comes down to Avery is a UFA at 1.9 million. He is not part of the future. Like it or not Rupp is signed for 2 more yrs at 1.5 mil

Mitchell is indeed a borderline NHL/AHLer but when everyone is healthy he's a 12/13th F and the most important thing is cheap on the cap

EC blows but he is under a million the cap as well.

chip chipperson* 12-30-2011 11:22 AM

good thing we have christensen. ugh. i ****ing hate christensen

pld459666 12-30-2011 11:25 AM

.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 41654481)
again it comes down to Avery is a UFA at 1.9 million. He is not part of the future. Like it or not Rupp is signed for 2 more yrs at 1.5 mil

Mitchell is indeed a borderline NHL/AHLer but when everyone is healthy he's a 12/13th F and the most important thing is cheap on the cap

I can agree with this reasoning 100%

But please, don't insult my intelligence by trying to sell me a bill of goods where eithe ror both Mitchell ro Rupp are better players than Avery.

Cap considerations, yes, Avery goes I agree.

Ability to help a team actually win games? There's a list 3 players deep before you get to Avery and one could argue that Boyle could make that list 4 players deep.

The Amity Affliction 12-30-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 41654305)
Prust, Boyle, Mitchell, Wolski and Rupp- Guys who bring 10 times more than Avery does.

Dubinsky- What were you even trying to say here?

I AM glad Torts preaches accountability. Has EC suited up recently? No. Look at the standings.

Prust? He's an average 4th liner who can fight. Talk to me when he scores 15 goals or 40 points in a season.

Wolski? When does he bring anything? He floats constantly and doesn't know what the word defense means. Also plays like he's 5'6 when he's 6'3.

Mitchell is a borderline NHL'er that's playing over his head right now.

Avery has as many goals as Dubinsky in 20 less games.

Boyle? Boyle is ****ing garbage this season. I don't ever want to hear anyone supporting his play. Boyle forgot what conditioning and skating in the offseason are, and came back SLOWER and less physical than last season, and it's shown so far. What did he do, drink all summer?

This is a joke.

MAYO 12-30-2011 11:26 AM

Agreed, this is all abouot salary, and the fact that Torts hates the guy.
As far as trying to convince me that Boyle, Rupp, EC, Mitchell bring more to the table only leads me to believe you live on this site and don't actually watch any of the games. all around poor decision by management, but I guess we will have to move on and accept that it's all about Torts and not the team!

Lion Hound 12-30-2011 11:27 AM

Dissapointed...Wanted to see him play in the WC


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.