HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs at WJC Part II (Gallagher, Bournival & Beaulieu CAN, Tinordi USA, Pribyl CZE) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1066929)

Mike8 12-30-2011 07:01 PM

Habs at WJC Part II (Gallagher, Bournival & Beaulieu CAN, Tinordi USA, Pribyl CZE)
 
Continue here.

Previous thread was here.

JHabs61 12-30-2011 07:51 PM

Looks like Tinordi is gone, Finland up 3-0 vs Denmark after 1..

Monctonscout 12-30-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Price2Pleks (Post 41676649)
Looks like Tinordi is gone, Finland up 3-0 vs Denmark after 1..

Tinordi is gone?

hototogisu 12-30-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 41677133)
Tinordi is gone?

I think he means in the sense that we won't get to watch him for much longer. The Americans have the game against Canada and then likely their game in the relegation round and that's it.

Comfortably Numb 12-30-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 41677133)
Tinordi is gone?

Yeah, if Finland wins, USA is eliminated, so no more Tinordi :(

Monctonscout 12-30-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyer (Post 41677239)
Yeah, if Finland wins, USA is eliminated, so no more Tinordi :(

ahh oh makes sense

Hackett 12-30-2011 08:40 PM

The US will still be fired up to play Canada. There is still alot of pride on the line. Tinordi has no medal hope but I still think his team will consider the game against Canada as their biggest test and a chance to shut the fans up who have been all over them.

It will be a good stage to evaluate tinordi a little closer.

neofury* 12-30-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 41679275)
The US will still be fired up to play Canada. There is still alot of pride on the line. Tinordi has no medal hope but I still think his team will consider the game against Canada as their biggest test and a chance to shut the fans up who have been all over them.

It will be a good stage to evaluate tinordi a little closer.

From what I saw of Tinordi thus far he's contributed more to his teams success than failure.

DJ Breadman 12-30-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 41679275)
The US will still be fired up to play Canada. There is still alot of pride on the line. Tinordi has no medal hope but I still think his team will consider the game against Canada as their biggest test and a chance to shut the fans up who have been all over them.

It will be a good stage to evaluate tinordi a little closer.

Well this is a game that doesn't matter for Canada so hopefully no one gets hurt

Hackett 12-31-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Breadman (Post 41688195)
Well this is a game that doesn't matter for Canada so hopefully no one gets hurt

It may not matter as much in the standings, but trust me, the canadians will be jacked for this one.

Ghetto Sangria 12-31-2011 02:07 AM

Tinordi has been their best defenseman imo. The whole US team looked like garbage against the Czech, and he played big minutes, so his -2 was kind of a sure thing. Was great in his first two games, winning player of the match for the US in one of them.

29dryden29 12-31-2011 08:18 AM

Tinordi has been brutal I counted atleast 8 turnovers by him in the Finland game alone he seems to be continuing his play from London. I am no fan of his to say the least.

Bad Natey 12-31-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez (Post 41691011)
Tinordi has been their best defenseman imo. The whole US team looked like garbage against the Czech, and he played big minutes, so his -2 was kind of a sure thing. Was great in his first two games, winning player of the match for the US in one of them.

Trouba has looked waaaaaaaaaaay better than Tinordi.

Mathradio 12-31-2011 09:02 AM

Hopefully there was no KHL scout watching his games... or else he may very well be on Magnitogorsk's trading block.

Monctonscout 12-31-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29dryden29 (Post 41693817)
Tinordi has been brutal I counted atleast 8 turnovers by him in the Finland game alone he seems to be continuing his play from London. I am no fan of his to say the least.

Not sure what player you were watching, Tinordi was very efficient with the puck and a force defensively. He turned it over once or twice trying to push it up ice late in the 3rd yesterday but that's what you do when trailing, take more chances and try to generate offense.

llamateizer 12-31-2011 09:46 AM

how USA can reach a playoff spot?


Rank Team GP W OTW OTL L GDF GF:GA PTS
1 CAN 3 3 0 0 0 +20 23 : 3 9
2 FIN 3 2 0 0 1 +5 15 : 10 6
3 CZE 3 2 0 0 1 +5 12 : 7 6
4 USA 3 1 0 0 2 +2 14 : 12 3
5 DEN 4 0 0 0 4 -32 6 : 38 0


only the first 3 take a spot.

1st tie breaker
Points earned in games against tied teams

USA lost against FIN and CZE

Hannibal 12-31-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natey2k4 (Post 41694273)
Trouba has looked waaaaaaaaaaay better than Tinordi.

Defensively, Trouba wasn't better than Tinordi IMO. And he made a TERRIBLE giveaway when the game was on the line yesterday that led to a goal and he wasn't playing 30 minutes like Tinordi.

Protest the Hero 12-31-2011 10:27 AM

At least one of Tinordi's minuses last game came when his partner gave the puck away and led directly to a goal. Wasn't anything Tinordi could've done on the play.

His decision making is slow, but he handles the puck well and makes a good first pass.

Top Corner2 12-31-2011 12:06 PM

In my opinion Tinordi, Merrill & Trouba looked the best so far for the US.

Tinordi needs to ad a bit of urgency....but so did the whole team really....

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 12-31-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Corner2 (Post 41699135)
In my opinion Tinordi, Merrill & Trouba looked the best so far for the US.

Tinordi needs to ad a bit of urgency....but so did the whole team really....

What game were you watching?! Merrill was atrocious. Every pass was either intercepted or was a pass that put his teammate in a bad spot to receive it.

@dryden, yeah no he didn't have that many turnovers. He was much more involved offensively than in London, I'll give you that, but it didn't take away from his defence.

habsjunkie2* 12-31-2011 12:26 PM

Not a fan of Tinordi, not even a little bit.

montreal 12-31-2011 12:32 PM

I like what I've seen from Tinordi, did not see 8 turnovers vs the Finns and I'd say he's likely been USA's top D although that's not saying much. If not Tinordi then Trouba as he looks to be an interesting draft pick next summer. I also like what i've seen from Steven Johns the hawks draft pick.

Will be interesting to see how much Tinordi can progress over the next few years, could have a solid shutdown type on our hands with some grit and solid physical play.

FF de Mars 12-31-2011 01:04 PM

I didn't notice Tonordi much in his last game, which must be a good sign. But what about Pribyl ? He was on the ice for almost every goal that his team scored and made some sweet passes and plays !

NotProkofievian 12-31-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF de Mars (Post 41701501)
I didn't notice Tonordi much in his last game, which must be a good sign. But what about Pribyl ? He was on the ice for almost every goal that his team scored and made some sweet passes and plays !

The first goal Czech goal, from my view in the upper terrace, owed a lot to Pribyl's play. His cheeky little behind the back pass right to his team mate opened up the USA's defense and led to a 2 on 1, that his team mates ALMOST managed to screw up.

He played well, getting a dangerous shot on net from the high slot, making a couple nice rushes up ice. However, he did not play much. He was standing in the Czech bench over with the backup goalie for about half the second period. His wound must be giving him trouble.

Protest the Hero 12-31-2011 02:06 PM

He took a big hit to make that pass on the first goal too, that's an important thing to remember. I forget what the other goal was but he could've had an empty net tap in if his teammate decided to pass it to him, the guy scored anyway.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.