HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers New top 20 prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=106754)

Yertle The Turtle 10-02-2004 09:39 AM

Flyers New top 20 prospects

Flyers Top 20 Prospects at a Glance

1. Jeff Carter, Center 9.0B :bow:
2. Mike Richards, Center 8.0B :bow:
3. Antero Niittymaki, Goaltender 8.0C
4. Stefan Ruzicka, Right Wing 7.5B
5. Dennis Seidenberg, Defenseman 7.5C
6. R.J. Umberger, Center 7.0B
7. Patrick Sharp, Center 7.0C
8. Rejean Beauchemin, Goaltender 7.0C
9. Rosario Ruggeri, Defenseman 7.0C
10. David Tremblay, Goaltending 6.5B
11. Alexandre Picard, Defenseman 6.5B
12. Ryan Potulny, Center 6.5B
13. Alexander Drozdetsky, Right Wing 6.5C
14. Bernd Bruckler, Goaltender 6.5C Wanted to see him higher
15. Ben Eager, Left Wing 6.0B
16. Randy Jones, Defenseman 6.0C
17. Jussi Timonen, Defenseman 6.0D
18. Mathieu Brunelle, Left Wing 5.5C
19. Dov Grumet-Morris, Goaltender 5.0C
20. Konstantin Rudenko, Left Wing 5.0C

Seems like our prospects are doing very well to me.... Discuss.....

blah 10-02-2004 09:48 AM

Where'd you get this from?

Sharp should be a 7B or 6.5A, he's already a 3rd line RW and 4th line C.

Yertle The Turtle 10-02-2004 09:58 AM

I got it off of hockeyfuture.com

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php...readed&order=0

Thats it right there

Al Alven 10-02-2004 10:43 AM

Hi guys,

Sorry for my three-month absence from the site. Had to take care of some things on the homefront, but I'm back and am looking forward to another season of Flyers prospect coverage here at HF.

I found ranking the prospects for this season to be most challenging. HF's new ranking/grading system is very intricate, and I'm sure it will lead to many debates and questions regarding how/why certain prospects are ranked a certain way.

I labored over this list for some time, however, and I am very confident with the finished product. If anyone has any specific questions as it relates to the rankings in general or why a particular player is ranked as he is (etc.), post it here, and I will answer back as soon as possible.

Again, I'm sorry for the long delay in gettng the Top 20 done. I hope you all enjoy it!

Al Alven
Hockey's Future

User571 10-02-2004 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Alven
Hi guys,

Sorry for my three-month absence from the site. Had to take care of some things on the homefront, but I'm back and am looking forward to another season of Flyers prospect coverage here at HF.

I found ranking the prospects for this season to be most challenging. HF's new ranking/grading system is very intricate, and I'm sure it will lead to many debates and questions regarding how/why certain prospects are ranked a certain way.

I labored over this list for some time, however, and I am very confident with the finished product. If anyone has any specific questions as it relates to the rankings in general or why a particular player is ranked as he is (etc.), post it here, and I will answer back as soon as possible.

Again, I'm sorry for the long delay in gettng the Top 20 done. I hope you all enjoy it!

Al Alven
Hockey's Future

Great job on the rankings but I had a question about how good R.J. Anderson is. I thought he'd make the top 20 for his upside.

FlyersProspect2 10-02-2004 10:56 AM

I thought they were pretty accurate. I was wondering though where Rob Bellamy was. I didn't expect him to be ranked but he wasn't under the other category either. Any news on him?

FearTheFlyers 10-02-2004 10:59 AM

List looks good to me.

Al Alven 10-02-2004 11:18 AM

Anderson appears to be quite a talent, but being a high school senior I don't think he can be accurately assessed just yet. From a pure potential standpoint alone, yes, he could be in the top 20. I just didn't see it as fair to rank him above some of the already "established" prospects just yet.

For what it's worth, I ranked the entire system while doing this, and Anderson came out at # 23 or # 24, I believe. I will have to consult my list a little later, but the bottom line is that he came pretty close to making the cut just months after being drafted.

Al Alven 10-02-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersProspect2
I thought they were pretty accurate. I was wondering though where Rob Bellamy was. I didn't expect him to be ranked but he wasn't under the other category either. Any news on him?

Bellamy juuuuuuuuuust missed the cut. It was a matter of ranking either him or Konstantin Rudenko at the # 20 spot.

I want to see what Bellamy does in the NCAA first. Rudenko, in the very least, has established himself as a regular in Russia's top league. I fully expect Bellamy to be an impact player eventually at Maine, but I just don't want to assume anything of such a young player at this point.

By the way, I realize that I still have to update the "Other Notables" section to reflect everyone below the top 20. That will be done no later than tomorrow.

Pontifex Maximus* 10-02-2004 12:05 PM

Bruckler should be ahead of Tremblay. Maybe even Beauchemin.

FlyerFire 10-03-2004 01:25 AM

looks like

our future at C and G are very bright.we need more D, IMO

GKJ 10-03-2004 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebellionhellion2002
our future at C and G are very bright.we need more D, IMO

Not too long ago defense was the #1 strength.

I really think Picard will continue to excel in the Q. I know he was on Canada's WJC evaluation roster, but he was probably one of the last guys invited.

Toonces 10-03-2004 09:54 AM

Thanks for the update Al.

Nice work.

Sum1winachampionship 10-03-2004 11:15 AM

What do the letters following the ratings mean? Carter's a 9.0 B?

easton122 10-03-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum1winachampionship
What do the letters following the ratings mean? Carter's a 9.0 B?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections.php

Ruckus007 10-03-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Alven
Bellamy juuuuuuuuuust missed the cut. It was a matter of ranking either him or Konstantin Rudenko at the # 20 spot.

I want to see what Bellamy does in the NCAA first. Rudenko, in the very least, has established himself as a regular in Russia's top league. I fully expect Bellamy to be an impact player eventually at Maine, but I just don't want to assume anything of such a young player at this point.

By the way, I realize that I still have to update the "Other Notables" section to reflect everyone below the top 20. That will be done no later than tomorrow.

Bellamy's not listed anywhere on the page though. He doesn't even have a profile.