HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Is Hagelin the answer for Richards' wing? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1068005)

SnowblindNYR 01-01-2012 02:58 AM

Is Hagelin the answer for Richards' wing?

We've been wanting to find a sniper for Richards and while Hagelin isn't a sniper his #s project to 32 goals and 50 points in an 82 game season. Very solid top 6 numbers. Do we still need a sniper for Richards' wing or are we good with Hagelin?

JeffMangum 01-01-2012 03:22 AM

Maybe not "the answer".

But he's certainly helped in stalling Rangers management if they were planning on making a move for a "sniper" for Richards. He's also helped clear up some of the confusion at LW.

IMO, we need to wait and see a) how this team does until the trade deadline, at least, and/or b) wait and see how this team handles the playoffs with the current roster. Dubinsky's significant improvement as of late is also a factor.

n8 01-01-2012 03:47 AM

Wolski will sure see some time with Richards. not saying a lot of time but you've got to believe Torts will experiment with it a bit. Next season, maybe Kreider will see some time there if he is able to earn his ice time like Hagelin has this season. Hagelin is playing really well regardless of which line he's on - really just looking forward to see him continue to improve. I'm glad he's a fitness nut, otherwise I'd be concerned about his 82 game conditioning. I wonder if Kreider will be ready for the long grind next season.

mike14 01-01-2012 03:51 AM

I'm of the opinion that 1 of Dubi or Hags along with picks/prospects and possibly WW will be heading out for a 'sniper' as Slats gears up for a cup run either this season or next.

I also have this horrible feeling that it's going to end very, very badly.......

NY Lito 01-01-2012 04:01 AM

I don't think he's the answer, but he's been a fine fill-in.

What I think will happen is: Wolski will get some time on that line, do ok, not keep up with this team's pace, and get shipped out at the deadline for a veteran-rental goal scorer. Even if it's not Wolski being the main piece moved out per say, I think they'll be plenty of options come deadline time to pick up a solid 2nd winger (and we all know we have more than enough pieces/parts to move for a good rental).

I don't expect any moves until deadline time though; in the meantime expect different looks (Hagelin, Wolski, maybe even Feds again) until then.

NY Lito 01-01-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike14 (Post 41739997)
I'm of the opinion that 1 of Dubi or Hags along with picks/prospects and possibly WW will be heading out for a 'sniper' as Slats gears up for a cup run either this season or next.

I also have this horrible feeling that it's going to end very, very badly.......

No, please no, do not move Hagelin.

If Bobby Ryan (it felt good not to type his name on here for a while) is available, and the only real piece being moved (in terms of hurting us now) is Dubinsky, I really don't know what I would do. He's the only legit sniper I see being available that would return such a package.

Hopefully we stay the course until deadline time, Dubinksy keeps rolling along here, and we don't have to make that move, and we pick up a Rutuu or something along those lines. A big move such as one for Ryan could mess up our chemistry. It could also pay dividends in the upcoming seasons. Oh, Glen, we're so close, don't **** it up either way...

Agentsmith 01-01-2012 08:21 AM

i think kreider is the long term answer. hagelin could remain there this year. not sure what dux would want for ryan. probably a lot. too much.

i personally do not want to see drastic deadline moves. if they trade kreider im done with this team. getting staal back should be the lift we need.

bmw2004 01-01-2012 09:08 AM

I wouldnt want to see big changes in the current line up either, but to get someone good they would have to offer someone equavalent in price in most cases. Unless other GM will decide to help us and give up there valuable accets for Sean Avery, Eric Christensen and/or Zucca. I know Sather is good in trades but to me it's unrealistic.

Nich 01-01-2012 09:11 AM

I actually think the play of Hagelin is actually going to allow Slats to avoid making a move. He will be a stop gap till either Dubi gets his game back 100% or Kredier gets a shot next year

Clowes Line 01-01-2012 09:22 AM

Hagelin is doing very well there. However, if Hagelin is our LW for Richards in the future, we have a problem. Not a downplay on Hagelin, but we need another sniper, big time. Hopefully Dubi picks up his play and slots back into the 2nd line LW.

wafflepadsave 01-01-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike14 (Post 41739997)

Care to explain?:cry:

nyr2k2 01-01-2012 09:33 AM

The permanent, long-term solution? Doubtful. They're working with each other very well right now though, which is great.

ap215 01-01-2012 09:38 AM

Hagelin is doing very well i'm glad to see he's getting his opportunity to play for the blueshirts.

Lyson19 01-01-2012 09:47 AM

Why don't we wait and see how Hagelin does - he has several + attributes - speed, smarts and a defensively sound approach. He reminds me in one way of Richards - they both do a lot of little things well that don't jump out at you but over time contribute to winning games.

He also seems to have a nice wrister with some ability to pick a corner of the net. Pleasantly surprised.

My worry is that his frame doesn't support the targeting he will get over an 82 game schedule in a top 6 role. I know his approach to conditioning is off the charts but ....

In any event, worst case is that he is a nice inexpensive piece in a bottom 6 role.

x BEUKEBOOM x 01-01-2012 11:01 AM

Very high on Hagelin right now, but let's see how he's doing once he faces teams for the 2nd. 3rd, & 4th go around this season.

Still got half a season to go and conference rivals will have him scouted out better.

Let's see if he can make the adjustments to the opposition adjustments before we settle on him being "the answer" to our #2 LW.

Silence Of The Plams 01-01-2012 11:38 AM

I like Hagelin. I think he can be a great fit.

arunnair87 01-01-2012 12:30 PM

I haven't watched the last few games, but has Hagelin been playing on the powerplay?

SnowblindNYR 01-01-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 41742105)
Hagelin is doing very well there. However, if Hagelin is our LW for Richards in the future, we have a problem. Not a downplay on Hagelin, but we need another sniper, big time. Hopefully Dubi picks up his play and slots back into the 2nd line LW.

Hagelin is good enough to be president but not good enough to be the LW on Richards' line?

IBleedNYRBlue 01-01-2012 01:10 PM

Right now, yes.

Long term, I hope Kreider, possibly.

Vitto79 01-01-2012 01:24 PM

Rather see a rental at the deadline.give wolski a shot now. I like the idea of hagelin, dubi, boyle

egelband 01-01-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 41747911)
Rather see a rental at the deadline.give wolski a shot now. I like the idea of hagelin, dubi, boyle

i like this idea. see what wolski can do. then maybe give zuccarello a shot if wolski falters. if those two fail, rent a sniper. leave hagelin on the third line. less pressure and his value is maximized.

SnowblindNYR 01-01-2012 02:44 PM

What is everyone's fascination with Wolski? He didn't produce for us and it seemed like half his goals were fluky. I like Hagelin on that line more.

SlingshotVv 01-01-2012 02:54 PM

If WW does see time on Richie's wing, he'll play his way off that line in 2 games tops.

Hagelin may not be a "sniper", but he's a player that has top six potential, and is putting up pts. He has to be kept on a scoring line if we want to really see what he can develop into.

mike14 01-01-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflepadsave (Post 41742159)
Care to explain?:cry:

Nothing to explain, just a hunch.

For no particular reason, I get a feeling that Slats will view the cup window as being open for the next 2-3 seasons (and maybe this year based on the start without Staal), and make some 'big' moves' in order to have one more shot at glory before riding off into the sunset

mrhockey193195 01-01-2012 05:21 PM

Assuming Kreider pans out and is on the roster in the next couple years, one of Anisimov or Dubi will have to move back to center...I'm guessing it will end up being Anisimov. Or Hagelin could move to RW, if possible.

Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Dubinsky-Anisimov- _____

looks pretty solid to me.