HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What does Bryz have to do before we believe in him again? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1069157)

OriginJM 01-02-2012 09:13 PM

What does Bryz have to do before we believe in him again?

It's not a secret he's had a pretty poor season so far. If he has a few good games, that's an excellent start of course. However, he's already had a few solid games followed up with some abysmal ones.

I love his personality, sure, but his comments to the media lately and general childish "whatever" nature has been sort of unsettling to me. He's going to need to steal a lot of games at big moments this season if he's going to start receiving elite goalie savior-love around here I believe.

His inconsistency to shut the door scares me, though I'm aware this can be a product of how the defense and team as a whole plays in front of him as well. It's really the consistency of the quality of goals he lets in, which are usually really poor shots. Though I have a Bryz shirt and became super excited when he signed here in the offseason, I don't really know when the time will come where I'm not nervous when he's in net.

MountainHawk 01-02-2012 09:19 PM

Same thing he had to do at the start of the season. Win the last game of the season in June.

Amateur Hour 01-02-2012 09:21 PM

Shutting his mouth and stopping the puck would be a good start. Enough already, clown.

BobbyClarkeFan16 01-02-2012 09:22 PM

Bryzgalov got caught up in his own hype. He was given a lucrative contract and everyone in Philadelphia pumped him up to be a savior. He got caught up in things and now we're seeing what happens when a player doesn't show up prepared for work. I think what Bryzgalov needs to do is quit worrying about social media and concentrate on getting his game back in order.

OriginJM 01-02-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainHawk (Post 41813483)
Same thing he had to do at the start of the season. Win the last game of the season in June.

Sure, but that's not what I mean entirely. Does Hank or Fleury need to do that for people to trust them? No.

They have bad games, but people know they're excellent goalies and have proved to be that. Bryz seems to be proving the opposite, all I'm wondering is what he has to do this season for everyone to see him the way he was portrayed in Phoenix. It just seems pretty hard to do at this point.

MountainHawk 01-02-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OriginJM (Post 41814121)
Sure, but that's not what I mean entirely. Does Hank or Fleury need to do that for people to trust them? No.

They have bad games, but people know they're excellent goalies and have proved to be that. Bryz seems to be proving the opposite, all I'm wondering is what he has to do this season for everyone to see him the way he was portrayed in Phoenix. It just seems pretty hard to do at this point.

Meh, he's a pretty good goalie and has shown that over time. Lots of great players have bad seasons. Not going to trust him until he proves himself in the postseason.

WeekendAtBernies 01-02-2012 09:34 PM

If/when he steals a game (which is what he is being paid to do), I will have confidence in him. That's the mark of an elite goalie and a goalie that can guide a team through the playoffs to the promised land.

He must also be consistently good for several games in a row when this stolen game occurs.

SgtJoseph 01-02-2012 09:39 PM

In my opinion, Bryz just needs to compete more after making the first save....Bob seems to battle more after the first shot.....Bob was not bad in the classic in my opinion except for the second goal which beat him high short side....The other 2 goals were no worse than the 2 goals Hank gave up ?......Hopefully Bryz will get a fire in his belly and get things going his way.

Flyersfan139 01-02-2012 09:40 PM

If he has a few good showings in a row everyone will be back on board again.

Beef Invictus 01-02-2012 09:55 PM

He's gonna need to give me more than a few good showings. He's already given a few good showings.

Looking like a consistent franchise goaltender that can be relied upon would be grand.

BillyShoe1721 01-02-2012 09:56 PM

Get his GAA below 2.40.

Bernie Parent 1974 01-02-2012 10:24 PM

win................

KimiFerrari 01-02-2012 10:25 PM

Delete his Twitter account.

FreshPerspective 01-03-2012 12:04 AM

He needs to shut his pie hole. I don't find his shtick funny anymore. I like players with quiet confidence. You can be all gregarious like Pronger when you prove a little more..at least here in Philly. Having said this I'm begrudgingly willing to give him a pass and call it a transition year for him but I want to see at least more consistency in the second half. We need another big minute positional D man like Pronger to help his situation out as well but he should be able to carry the team in stretches which he hasn't done to date. I don't like his matador goaltending on 2nd and 3rd chances...he needs to work harder and play desperate more...he's way too ho hum thus far with his demeanor in net. That was one of the knocks against Biron when here. Bryz is a glorified version...

BrindamoursNose 01-03-2012 12:27 AM

Win us some games. Not keep us in games, I mean WIN us games. Lundqvist does it routinely.

WeekendAtBernies 01-03-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimiFerrari (Post 41818659)
Delete his Twitter account.

WINNER!!!

n62 01-03-2012 12:35 AM

Getting either his SV% or GAA into the top 15 of starting goaltenders would be a good start.

IceTrAiN 01-03-2012 12:43 AM

Was he even on the bench for the winter classic? I kept looking for him and I didn't see him... at all.

redfzn 01-03-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceTrAiN (Post 41824847)
Was he even on the bench for the winter classic? I kept looking for him and I didn't see him... at all.

There was no room on the bench for the goalies. Biron stood and opened the bench door for the Rangers the whole game. Bryz sat off with the scratched players, all covered up (didn't see his thermos though).

RebelMe 01-03-2012 01:38 AM

I think the 24/7 series has hurt him, he was trying too hard to come across as funny. However, I have very strong trust in Lavi's ability to put him back in place. Once he'll focus, I believe he's gonna be exactly the goalie this team needs.

dats81 01-03-2012 02:20 AM

Raise his SVP > 91.0% and lower his GAA < 2.7.

He needs to turn around his season, it's as easy as that:sarcasm:

SRTtoZ 01-03-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceTrAiN (Post 41824847)

http://i.imgur.com/KcCo8.jpg

StandingCow 01-03-2012 05:58 AM

Play well..

RespectTheCouts 01-03-2012 07:20 AM

For me he needs to be part of the team, not put himself above it, he's a funny guy which is cool, but when the going gets tough I really don't want him to be all whiny to the media, this isn't Phoenix, it's Philly complete different monster, I believe that Bryz can be in the elite class of goalies, will he get there? I hope there are over 50 millions reasons he should, for me to believe in him again, I need effort from him, busting his ass to make the tough save, and to do his homework, Bryz you play in Philly please take a look at some of our most dear favorite players from this city, Clarke, Parent, Hexie, Brind'Amour, Prims, Rico, these guys killed themselves and worked hard for the logo on the front of the jersey and the city they played for, work your ass off and I'm sure a ton of us fans will start to really get behind you

MsWoof 01-03-2012 07:38 AM

I don't think muzzling him is going to work, so he just needs to start working harder and focusing on his job. Sure, it will help if HBO is gone but he was a whack job last year when he made those stupid comments about Winnipeg. There were also the comments he made to Dan Maloney during the playoffs when he got all worked up about potentially moving to Winnipeg and his game fell apart. His teammates also said some things about him. If the team has a psychologist on staff, they should be working with him, and of course Jeff Reese should be, too.