HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Henrik Lundqvist should win the Vezina this season. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1069307)

Inferno 01-03-2012 12:01 AM

Henrik Lundqvist should win the Vezina this season.

Just my personal opinion, but no goalie has been even close to as awesome as Henrik has been this season. Biron has been a nice #2, spelling Henrik while giving the Rangers some competent goaltending, but the team buckles down in front of Biron, whereas they take some liberties with Henrik between the pipes...its just insane how well Henrik has played this season. He's on pace to statistically annihilate his best season, which is incredible considering how ridiculously good the guy has been in his career.

Kane One 01-03-2012 12:03 AM

I wish he can finally win this season. It's by far the #1 thing I want that's NHL-related not including winning the Cup.

Man Hole Inspector* 01-03-2012 12:05 AM

Not trolling here but you are forgetting Tim Thomas. Both goalies have been spectacular thus far :)

poeman 01-03-2012 12:05 AM

Henrik should not win the Vezina this season....yet.

We still have not even reached the halfway point...Things could easily change.

Do I think Henrik will continue at this torrid pace?
Yes, as long as Biron is playing well and gets games and our defense continues on its path of awesomeness with Staal back now.

We shall hopefully see Henrik win a Vezina, Conn Smythe, and Stanley Cup this year

OverTheCap 01-03-2012 12:08 AM

I really hope so, he deserves it.

It's remarkable how much his glove hand has improved. Can't believe he used such a stiff glove in the first place.

Inferno 01-03-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man Hole Inspector (Post 41823343)
Not trolling here but you are forgetting Tim Thomas. Both goalies have been spectacular thus far :)

has Thomas has Stralman, Woywitka, Erixon, Eminger, and Bickel playing D in front of him? No? Kthxbai

Rangers D, when whole, is fantastic, but they have been decimated with injuries, and Henriks numbers have stayed where they are. Theres a reason.

The Mouth 01-03-2012 12:30 AM

Did someone mention we are winning a cup this year ? let's win a playoff series first. I know we area good team but I'm not getting crazy (crazier) yet.

Hank is surely getting the media attention now to help his cause. What hank does best is deflate other teams by rebuffing them time and time again and the frustration sets in.

Inferno makes a great pint about the Stralmans. Bickels. Woywitka. Also, the rangers have a young defense and have nobody even close to a seasoned all-star like Chara.

I think he will get his closest to winning it this year if he continues like this.

GregNYR19 01-03-2012 12:45 AM

as of right now, lundqvist is in at least the top 5 in all major goalie categories this year which so far no other goalie can say. jimmy howard is impressing with 23 wins but he doesnt have a legit backup....if henrik doesn't win the vezina id be surprised to be honest. he will be a candidate for sure, but his play has been specacular

Man Hole Inspector* 01-03-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 41823645)
has Thomas has Stralman, Woywitka, Erixon, Eminger, and Bickel playing D in front of him? No? Kthxbai

Rangers D, when whole, is fantastic, but they have been decimated with injuries, and Henriks numbers have stayed where they are. Theres a reason.

That`s fine but at the end of the day Thomas is putting up some great numbers. If Boston makes another cup appearance rallying behind him, I bet he will get it. Lundqvist has absolutely been robbed in past years and is arguably the best goaltender in the league.

Kane One 01-03-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man Hole Inspector (Post 41824929)
That`s fine but at the end of the day Thomas is putting up some great numbers. If Boston makes another cup appearance rallying behind him, I bet he will get it. Lundqvist has absolutely been robbed in past years and is arguably the best goaltender in the league.

They vote on regular season only.

mike14 01-03-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man Hole Inspector (Post 41824929)

Should have no bearing as it a reg season award.

Right now, I'd probably give Hank the nod over Tim, but not by much. More importantly, there's still a lot of hockey to play.

XO 01-03-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 41823645)

:laugh: so true

like I said in a thread some weeks ago: Lundqvist is and has been the best goalie in the world for years now. ridiculously good and im so happy that hes starting to have a pretty damn good team infront of him now.

the Vezina is his for sure if he keeps this up, atleast it should be.

Khelvan 01-03-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mouth (Post 41824485)
Did someone mention we are winning a cup this year ? let's win a playoff series first. I know we area good team but I'm not getting crazy (crazier) yet.

You do know that the Vezina trophy voting is based solely on regular season performance, right?

BlueshirtBlitz 01-03-2012 01:00 AM

Hank is a Hall of Famer when all is said and done.

Book it.

Rangerfan4life90 01-03-2012 01:01 AM

I'm biased but if Hank can keep this up it should be his. God knows he has been robbed of a Vezina in past years he should finally get 1 for crying out loud.

The Mouth 01-03-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khelvan (Post 41825247)
You do know that the Vezina trophy voting is based solely on regular season performance, right?

I have been familiar with that part of the voting process for about 30 years now.

Did you know at one time the Vezina went to both goalies on the team for having the fewest goals allowed during a season ?

In the 70-71 season Eddie Giacomin and Gilles Villemure shared the trophy.

Someone earlier in the thread predicted a Rangers cup victory this year, I was addressing that.

Not it effecting Hank winning the Vezina.

IBleedNYRBlue 01-03-2012 01:29 AM

If he keeps this up he better win it.

Ola 01-03-2012 01:39 AM

Hart

BlueshirtBlitz 01-03-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola (Post 41825945)
Hart

No the Hart is gonna go to someone like Perry again. :shakehead

Not Perry himself, but you get my point.

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks that was a little off? Or was last year just that bad when it came to league MVP's?

Kane One 01-03-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 41826039)

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks that was a little off? Or was last year just that bad when it came to league MVP's?

I didn't think it was off. He technically was the most valuable player to his team than anyone else. If you take him off the Ducks, they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

BlueshirtBlitz 01-03-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaneone (Post 41826121)
I didn't think it was off. He technically was the most valuable player to his team than anyone else. If you take him off the Ducks, they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Lots of guys you could say that about.

I don't know, I can see why he got it, I just didn't think his performance (while great) was deserving of league MVP- 99 points to contribute to a 4th place team (with the same amount of points as the 5th, 6th and 7th seeds in the West, if I remember). It's good, just eh. I don't know where I was going with this rant. :D

kevinsane 01-03-2012 02:09 AM

I'm a Canucks fan, but I'll watch any Ranger game Henrik is playing in, and it's making me a bit of a (shudder) Blueshirts fan. I liked and respected Mike Richter, and Eddie Giacomin was my favorite goalie as a young kid, but Henrik may be the best you've ever had. No wY does ge gave the teams in front of him the former did, (although the Rangers are getting there) and all ge does is just stop the puck.
I'm a goalie, and I love the way he plays.
I may get a Winter Classic jersey just because I am so impressed by him.
Good luck the rest of the year, and I hope he DOES win the Vezina!

Callagraves 01-03-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 41826039)

Forwards are always given an advantage when it comes to award categories. People like scoring. If you ask me, when people ask who the best player in the league is, I'm sick of hearing forwards. The most important position is goaltender.

Hockey Team 01-03-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callagraves (Post 41826617)
Forwards are always given an advantage when it comes to award categories. People like scoring. If you ask me, when people ask who the best player in the league is, I'm sick of hearing forwards. The most important position is goaltender.

Think about it, what does the game center around? Scoring goals.

What's talked about? How the rangers beat the flyers 3-2 in the winter classic. The # of saves made by the goalies is mentioned far less then the 5 goals scored in the game.

The highlights do show some of the big saves, but it centers more around the goals scored IMO.

Oh, and forget about defensemen. They get zero recognition. Great defensive plays are rarely, if ever shown on the highlights (I can't remember seeing any, ever). What does happen (a goal getting scored) gets a lot more attention then what didn't happen (a great scoring chance being taken away).

Callagraves 01-03-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2d (Post 41826939)
Think about it, what does the game center around? Scoring goals.

What's talked about? How the rangers beat the flyers 3-2 in the winter classic. The # of saves made by the goalies is mentioned far less then the 5 goals scored in the game.

The highlights do show some of the big saves, but it centers more around the goals scored IMO.

Oh, and forget about defensemen. They get zero recognition. Great defensive plays are rarely, if ever shown on the highlights (I can't remember seeing any, ever). What does happen (a goal getting scored) gets a lot more attention then what didn't happen (a great scoring chance being taken away).

It's frustrating for those who like the defensive side of the game. And we have a very, very defensive team.