HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The Shootout Appreciation Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1069387)

Cypher 01-03-2012 02:15 AM

The Shootout Appreciation Thread
 
In light of the Avs ridiculous shootout record, I present this thread.

Quick Facts
2-2 this year (Last SO = Dec. 21, 2013 vs LA = L)
19-7 past 4 seasons
Last shootout lost = Dec. 21, 2013 vs Los Angeles
Before that lost = Dec. 14, 2013 vs Minnesota
Before that lost = Apr. 11, 2013 vs Los Angeles
Before that lost = Feb. 26, 2013 vs San Jose
Before that lost = Mar. 15, 2012 vs New Jersey
Before that lost = Feb. 4, 2012 vs Vancouver
Before that lost = Mar. 1, 2011 vs San Jose
24-7 in last 31 shootouts, dating back to December 2nd, 2009 vs Florida (16-5 on the road)

Last 31 shootouts – Goalie, GWG
Dec. 11, 2009 vs TB = Anderson in net, Wolski with the lone goal
Jan. 9, 2010 vs BUF = Anderson in net, Hendricks with winner in round 11
Jan. 11, 2010 vs CAL = Anderson in net, Stewart with the winner
Mar. 24, 2010 vs LA = Anderson in net, Stewart with the winner
Apr. 6, 2010 vs VAN = Anderson in net, Duchene with the lone goal

Oct. 12, 2010 vs DET = Budaj in net, Yip with the winner in round 6
Nov. 20, 2010 vs DAL = Budaj in net, Porter with the winner in round 5
Dec. 30, 2010 vs EDM = Anderson in net, Hejduk with the lone goal
Mar. 1, 2011 vs SJ = Elliott in net, Clowe with the lone goal = LOST
Mar. 19, 2011 vs EDM = Elliott in net, Stoa with the winner in round 5
Mar. 22, 2011 vs CLB = Elliott in net, Hejduk with the lone goal
April 1, 2011 vs PHX = Budaj in net, O'Reilly with the lone goal

Oct. 12, 2011 vs CLB = Varlamov in net, Duchene with the winner
Oct. 15, 2011 vs MTL = Varlamov in net, Duchene with the winner
Oct. 22, 2011 vs CHI = Varlamov in net, Lindstrom with the winner
Dec. 2, 2011 vs STL = Varlamov in net, O'Reilly with the lone goal
Dec. 13, 2011 vs SJ = Varlamov in net, Landeskog with the winner in round 5
Dec. 19, 2011 vs PHI = Giguere in net, O'Reilly with the winner
Jan. 2, 2012 vs LA = Varlamov in net, Hejduk with the lone goal
Feb. 4, 2012 vs VAN = Giguere in net, Raymond with the lone goal = LOST
Mar. 10, 2012 vs EDM = Varlamov in net, Mueller with the winner
Mar. 14, 2012 vs BUF = Varlamov in net, Mueller with the winner
Mar. 15, 2012 vs NJ = Giguere in net, Parise with the winner = LOST

Feb. 14, 2013 vs MIN = Giguere in net, Duchene with the winner
Feb. 26, 2013 vs SJ = Varlamov in net, Marleau with the winner = LOST
Apr. 11, 2013 vs LA = Giguere in net, Kopitar with the winner = LOST
Apr. 26, 2013 vs PHX = Varlamov in net, Duchene with the winner

Nov. 30, 2013 vs MIN = Varlamov in net, O'Reilly with the lone goal
Dec. 12, 2013 vs WIN = Varlamov in net, Duchene with the winner
Dec. 14, 2013 vs MIN = Varlamov in net, Koivu with the winner = LOST
Dec. 21, 2013 vs LA = Varlamov in net, Kopitar with the lone goal = LOST

Player statistics (Goals/Attempts = Shooting %)
Duchene = 9/22 = 40.9%
Galiardi = 0/1 = 0%
Hejduk = 11/23 = 47.8%
Hendricks = 1/1 = 100%
Jones = 0/5 = 0%
Landeskog = 1/3 = 33.3%
Liles = 0/1 = 0%
Lindstrom = 1/1 = 100%
Mackinnon = 0/1 = 0%
Mitchell = 0/1 = 0%
Mueller = 3/4 = 75.0%
Parenteau = 4/7 = 57.1%
O’Reilly = 5/11 = 45.5%
Porter = 1/2 = 50.0%
Stastny = 0/1 = 0%
Stoa = 1/2 = 50.0%
Stewart = 4/7 = 57.1%
Tucker = 0/1 = 0%
Wolski = 1/2 = 50.0%
Yip = 1/2 = 50.0%
Team total = 43/98 = 43.9%

Goalie statistics (Saves/Shots = Save % , Win/Lost record)
Anderson = 21/26 = .807 S% , 6-0
Budaj = 13/14 = .929 S% , 3-0
Ellliott = 9/10 = .900 S% , 2-1
Giguere = 4/12 = .333 S% , 2-3
Varlamov = 33/40 = .825 S% , 11-3
Team total = 80/102 = .784 S% , 24-7

Duchene2MacKinnon 01-03-2012 02:18 AM

It's still a piece of **** that has no business in hockey. Along with the trapazoid.:rant:

TheStranger 01-03-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller (Post 41826553)
It's still a piece of **** that has no business in hockey. Along with the trapazoid.:rant:

Too bad it will, if the avs make the playoffs, be the difference between that and near last in the league.

Nzap 01-03-2012 06:38 AM

I've always wondered why Staz isn't picked in the shootouts.
Anyone know the real answer or only speculation?

Ivan13 01-03-2012 07:42 AM

Can anyone make a gif of Varly at the end of the shootout?

Stories 01-03-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzap (Post 41828451)
I've always wondered why Staz isn't picked in the shootouts.
Anyone know the real answer or only speculation?

Because ghosts can't shoot? :sarcasm:

Emppu 01-03-2012 08:39 AM

Hahahaha nice thread and interesting stats

Hennessy 01-03-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzap (Post 41828451)
I've always wondered why Staz isn't picked in the shootouts.
Anyone know the real answer or only speculation?

He's never been known as a finisher. His skill-set doesn't include fancy moves and slick wristers.

Colorado Avalanche 01-03-2012 09:21 AM

Winning shootout or overtime is huge.. At least in this league, because you still get total 2 points for a shootout or overtime win, which is kinda retarted IMO, but it makes standings more "fair". I think NHL should also go to 3 point games like rest of the hockey leagues IMO, I think winning in 60 minutes should be awarded better than winning in forced shootout or overtime.

Thank god, we are good in these, it would suck to lose so many points in overtime/shootout!

the_fan 01-03-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzap (Post 41828451)
I've always wondered why Staz isn't picked in the shootouts.
Anyone know the real answer or only speculation?

Because there is no passing in shootout?

Freudian 01-03-2012 10:27 AM

I don't know how Hejduk can make it look so easy. He doesn't really do anything but wait and shoot and normally the goalie is more or less frozen.

I suppose his shooting technique where he uses mostly his wrists is very helpful in disguising his shot.

Hennessy 01-03-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 41832511)
I don't know how Hejduk can make it look so easy. He doesn't really do anything but wait and shoot and normally the goalie is more or less frozen.

I suppose his shooting technique where he uses mostly his wrists is very helpful in disguising his shot.

The Kings guys were highlighting this last night, talking about how he continuously criss-crosses the puck with his stick the entire way down the ice and when he lets it go there's no indication that he's shooting. It's the same movement throughout, leaving the goalie guessing if he's going to go from his left or right, and when. I'd wager it's somewhat hypnotic.

tpedersen21 01-03-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 41829141)
Can anyone make a gif of Varly at the end of the shootout?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...r897/Varly.gif

Adama0905 01-03-2012 11:46 AM

Shootout wins still leave a nasty taste in my mouth every time. Take it, I guess.

The Kingslayer 01-03-2012 01:38 PM

Aslong as we win them I could care less about this "gimmick" we seriously had no business getting 1 point let alone 2. Thank you Varly

Mouse21* 01-03-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzap (Post 41828451)
I've always wondered why Staz isn't picked in the shootouts.
Anyone know the real answer or only speculation?

ever seen him try? dude is terrible at them.

iAvs 01-03-2012 01:47 PM

Varly kicking off 2012 on the right track.

And our SO record is insane... I had no idea we have been dominating them until they brought it up last night.

expatriated_texan 01-03-2012 04:43 PM

:dunno:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzap (Post 41828451)
I've always wondered why Staz isn't picked in the shootouts.
Anyone know the real answer or only speculation?

He's been tried over the years...he's just not good at it. Do a google or youtube search for "Paul Stastny Shootout goal" and the first video that pops up will be a capture from a video game...not one of him actually scoring in a shootout. Go figure.

The real reason is because he's a passer, not a scorer. Change the shootout to a two on goalie and he's probably a lot better at it.

I was sold on him as a young player and screamed that he should come in as a rookie....when many others said he need more seasoning. He didn't need more seasoning...his time was then...it's now obviously passed him by. He's now just a tremendously overpaid second/third-line center with good passing abilities. If it wasn't for his contract we wouldn't want to trade him...if it wasn't for his contract there would be a ton of teams lining up to trade for him. He's a good player getting way too much money on a young/mediocre team in a salary cap era. Whatareyagonnado? :dunno:

BrickAHL 01-03-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzap (Post 41828451)
I've always wondered why Staz isn't picked in the shootouts.
Anyone know the real answer or only speculation?

Overpaid bum we should have spent that money on Gomez.

Wait, the question was why isn't he picked in the shootout but yet for some idiotic reason I am ripping into him as a player and not his shootout ability?

Adama0905 01-03-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by expatriated_texan (Post 41848427)
:dunno:

He's been tried over the years...he's just not good at it. Do a google or youtube search for "Paul Stastny Shootout goal" and the first video that pops up will be a capture from a video game...not one of him actually scoring in a shootout. Go figure.

The real reason is because he's a passer, not a scorer. Change the shootout to a two on goalie and he's probably a lot better at it.

I was sold on him as a young player and screamed that he should come in as a rookie....when many others said he need more seasoning. He didn't need more seasoning...his time was then...it's now obviously passed him by. He's now just a tremendously overpaid second/third-line center with good passing abilities. If it wasn't for his contract we wouldn't want to trade him...if it wasn't for his contract there would be a ton of teams lining up to trade for him. He's a good player getting way too much money on a young/mediocre team in a salary cap era. Whatareyagonnado? :dunno:

That's nice...but why are we talking about this in the "team shootout" thread? Even when the guy was an 80 point scorer he wasn't any good in the shootout.

BrickAHL 01-03-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adama0905 (Post 41868437)
That's nice...but why are we talking about this in the "team shootout" thread? Even when the guy was an 80 point scorer he wasn't any good in the shootout.

Because he's overpaid.

Unaffiliated 03-10-2012 04:55 PM

Today:

Duke 1/1
Mueller 1/1
Varly 2/2

The Kingslayer 03-11-2012 02:14 PM

We appreciate alot of things round here. Next The David Jones is Sober appreciation thread

AllAboutAvs 03-11-2012 02:32 PM

With regard to Jones, one thing I noticed the last few games is that he seems to have improved his lateral movement when carrying the puck. If he can keep this up it could really improve his game and help the Avs in the future. To me his lack of lateral movement was his most glaring flaw and IMO was holding him back in becoming a true top-6 winger.

The Kingslayer 03-11-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberfan (Post 45899159)
With regard to Jones, one thing I noticed the last few games is that he seems to have improved his lateral movement when carrying the puck. If he can keep this up it could really improve his game and help the Avs in the future. To me his lack of lateral movement was his most glaring flaw and IMO was holding him back in becoming a true top-6 winger.

he still has a problem turning left but he's looked alot more sober lately. One thing is for sure he should never be taken off Stazz line ever


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.