HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Finland (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Team Finland U-18 WC @ Czech (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1070479)

thomast 01-04-2012 07:29 AM

Team Finland U-18 WC @ Czech

Potential rosters and lineups?

Potential players:

Fowards:
Alexander Barkov Jr. C Tappara
Artturi Lehkonen RW TPS A-SM
Teuvo Teräväinen RW Jokerit
Juuso Ikonen LW Blues A-SM
Henri Ikonen C Kalpa A-SM
Rasmus Kulmala C TPS A-SM
Topi Nättinen C JYP A-SM
Jonatan Tanus LW Tappara A-SM
Joni Nikko LW/RW Lukko A-SM
Henri Haapala F Tappara A-SM
Samu Markkula F JYP-Akatemia/A-SM
Kalle Torniainen C HIFK A-SM
Ville-Valtteri Leskinen F Kärpät A-SM
Saku Salminen C Jokerit A-SM

Defenders:
Rasmus Ristolainen D TPS
Ville Pokka D Kärpät
Olli Määttä D London Knights
Mikko Vainonen D HIFK/HIFK A-SM
Esa Lindell D Jokerit A-SM
Mikko Lehtonen D TPS A-SM
Matias Pulli D TPS A-SM
Santeri Saari D Jokerit A-SM/B-SM
Markus Kojo D Ässät A-SM
Niklas Tikkinen D Blues A-SM

Goalies:
Atte Tolvanen G Ässät A-SM
Janne Juvonen G Pelicans A-SM
Joonas Korpisalo G Jokerit A-SM
Henri Kiviaho G KalPa A-SM

Feel free to add more players. I'm sure that i forgot few names. Defense looks very solid and stacked. Offense has alot of high-end talents and potential. Overall this team is the best U-18 team for while.

Defense:

Pokka-Määttä
Lindell-Ristolainen
Lehtonen-Vainonen
Pulli-Kojo

That is pretty stacked.

Ikonen-Barkov-Teräväinen
Tanus-Ikonen/Kulmala-Lehkonen
Nikko-Kulmala/Ikonen-Haapala
Leskinen-Nättinen-Markkula

Bottom 6 is open especially the 4th line. We need good depth players in that line.

ChadS 01-04-2012 08:34 AM

I think Saku Salminen is a guy worth mentioning for the bottom six. Big guy with skill, has 17p in 27g as a 3rd line C for Jokerit and plays quite a lot of PK. Jokerit's offense is quite stacked but he has been able to earn his spot even though being a late -94.

MBhockey1 01-04-2012 08:35 AM

I think Saku Salminen from Jokerit and Atte Mäkinen from Tappara have good chances to be in the final roster. Jimi Kuronen from HIFK has a slight chance I guess. I will see him probably playing in the next couple of days, hopefully he will be in the roster.

thomast 01-04-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBhockey1 (Post 41890047)
I think Saku Salminen from Jokerit and Atte Mäkinen from Tappara have good chances to be in the final roster. Jimi Kuronen from HIFK has a slight chance I guess. I will see him probably playing in the next couple of days, hopefully he will be in the roster.

Saku Salminen might make it but we are quite stacked for center position. Kuronen has to do ALOT to make into this roster. i don't think he'll fit in. Mäkinen maybe? but we have stacked defense. Even defender like Matias Pulli can be out of this team.

Needles 01-04-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomast (Post 41888949)
Pokka-Määttä
Lindell-Ristolainen
Lehtonen-Vainonen

Ikonen-Barkov-Teräväinen

Looking gooooood! :handclap: But who's the starting goalie?

thomast 01-04-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Needles (Post 41890399)
Looking gooooood! :handclap: But who's the starting goalie?

Atte Tolvanen leads currently U-20 in goalie statistics he might be our starter. Other candidates Joonas Juvonen from Pelicans and Joonas Korpisalo from Jokerit

Tormentor 01-04-2012 02:27 PM

1st team:
Teuvo Teräväinen - Rasmus Kulmala - Artturi Lehkonen
Jonatan Tanus - Aleksander Barkov - Juuso Ikonen
Henri Ikonen - Topi Nättinen - Henrik Haapala
Joni Nikko - Saku Salminen - Samu Markkula
Nico Friman

Olli Määttä - Ville Pokka
Mikko Vainonen - Rasmus Ristolainen
Mikko Lehtonen - Esa Lindell
Niklas Tikkinen

Henri Kiviaho
Joonas Korpisalo
Atte Tolvanen

Reserve team:
Kalle Torniainen - Joona Monto - Joonas Huovinen
Aleksi Rutanen - Janne Juutinen - Ville(-Valtteri) Leskinen
Timi Lahtinen - Jaakko Hautamäki - Ismo Nikkinen
Jasper Lindsten - Eetu Patronen - Ville Tenosalmi
Rasmus Hämäläinen

Casimir Jürgens - Matias Pulli
Valtteri Parikka - Atte Mäkinen
Markus Kojo - Juuso Vainio
Santeri Saari

Janne Juvonen
Jean Auren
Oskari Setänen

There would be enough serviceable goalies and defensemen for 2 teams, so for a change there’s actually some competition for the roster spots. Oskari Setänen just played his first game of the season tonight, so he might bring more competition to the already packed netminding position. At the moment the biggest shortcoming for this team might be that many of the top forwards are small, but luckily it doesn’t matter quite as much in U18 competition as it does later on.

edd1e 01-04-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormentor (Post 41903107)
1st team:
Nico Friman

Niklas Tikkinen

Henri Kiviaho
Joonas Korpisalo
Atte Tolvanen

Reserve team:
Rasmus Hämäläinen

Santeri Saari

Janne Juvonen
Jean Auren
Oskari Setänen

There would be enough serviceable goalies and defensemen for 2 teams, so for a change there’s actually some competition for the roster spots. Oskari Setänen just played his first game of the season tonight, so he might bring more competition to the already packed netminding position. At the moment the biggest shortcoming for this team might be that many of the top forwards are small, but luckily it doesn’t matter quite as much in U18 competition as it does later on.

Kalle Torniainen on reserve team? Was he injured or what made him drop? If i recall he was tauted to be pretty good..

Whole Defense looks pretty stacked to me. What are you're expectations considering U18 contest. What's realistic goal?

Korkki 01-06-2012 09:15 AM

Almost point per game for -95 Kasperi Nuto in Junior A is not enough for your teams? And there are also Niko Ojamäki (95), Juho Vanhala and Valtteri Viljanen who have all played NT games earlier.

YARR123 01-06-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

1st team:
Nico Friman

Niklas Tikkinen

Henri Kiviaho
Joonas Korpisalo
Atte Tolvanen

Reserve team:
Rasmus Hämäläinen

Santeri Saari

Janne Juvonen
Jean Auren
Oskari Setänen

This makes me very excited, when is the last time we were this stacked at the u-18 level? Our defense looks sick.

As for your teams, I doubt they would break the Teräväinen - Barkov - Ikonen trio which worked so well at the Ivan Hlinka, though it does make sense to play Barkov with Tanus and Kulmala with Lehkonen. What about the situation with Torniainen, any info? If he is in a playing condition you'd think he should make the team after doing so last year already, or has he regressed?

RKC 01-06-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YARR123 (Post 42003515)
This makes me very excited, when is the last time we were this stacked at the u-18 level? Our defense looks sick.

As for your teams, I doubt they would break the Teräväinen - Barkov - Ikonen trio which worked so well at the Ivan Hlinka, though it does make sense to play Barkov with Tanus and Kulmala with Lehkonen. What about the situation with Torniainen, any info? If he is in a playing condition you'd think he should make the team after doing so last year already, or has he regressed?

Torniainen has basically missed the whole season, so it's next to impossible to tell what's his level at the moment. Too bad since he looked really promising couple years ago, and had his development stayed on course we would probably be looking at potential top 60 pick right now.

YARR123 01-06-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKC (Post 42004401)
Torniainen has basically missed the whole season, so it's next to impossible to tell what's his level at the moment. Too bad since he looked really promising couple years ago, and had his development stayed on course we would probably be looking at potential top 60 pick right now.

So is he still injured? And what was the injury? It is a pity, he was still ahead of Teräväinen a year ago according to most sources.

RKC 01-06-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YARR123 (Post 42004755)
So is he still injured? And what was the injury? It is a pity, he was still ahead of Teräväinen a year ago according to most sources.

He wasn't playing this week when the junior leagues returned from break, so I assume he's still injured. Don't know anything about the injury, hopefully it's nothing serious.

thomast 01-06-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korkki (Post 42003309)
Almost point per game for -95 Kasperi Nuto in Junior A is not enough for your teams?

Lack of size. Our team is already small so we need size in bottom 6. We already have small skilled guys in bottom 6 Nättinen, Haapala, Markkula. They're all ahead of Nuto in all-around game and offensively aswell.

TheRocket87 01-06-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korkki (Post 42003309)
Almost point per game for -95 Kasperi Nuto in Junior A is not enough for your teams? And there are also Niko Ojamäki (95), Juho Vanhala and Valtteri Viljanen who have all played NT games earlier.

Obviously you haven't watched them play. Nuto is very average, but has been benefiting from dominating linemates for the whole season (mainly Rendulic), Vanhala has nothing except for good skating. Ojamäki is fine in the U17 team. Maybe I could give a chance for Viljanen, but meh...

Bloodhound 01-18-2012 04:23 AM

J.Ikonen-Barkov jr.-Teräväinen
Määttä-Pokka

Kulmala-Torniainen-Lehkonen
Vainonen-Ristolainen

Tanus-Nättinen-H.Ikonen
Lehtonen-Lindell

Nikko-Salminen-Haapala

Korpisalo
Tolvanen

Needles 01-18-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

1st team:
Nico Friman

Niklas Tikkinen

Henri Kiviaho
Joonas Korpisalo
Atte Tolvanen

Highlighted players have played at least one game in SM-Liiga. Pretty impressive.

FinProspects 01-19-2012 05:20 AM

London Knights are leading the OHL with 2 point lead (even though they have played 2 games less than Plymouth which is second in OHL), Määttä probably wont be available. Obviously a huge blow to Finland´s defense.

MBhockey1 01-20-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OsalaFan (Post 42681293)
J.Ikonen-Barkov jr.-Teräväinen
Määttä-Pokka

Kulmala-Torniainen-Lehkonen
Vainonen-Ristolainen

Tanus-Nättinen-H.Ikonen
Lehtonen-Lindell

Nikko-Salminen-Haapala

Korpisalo
Tolvanen

I do not think that Torniainen could be our 2nd line center, because he has had injury problems. There are some better players IMO like Nättinen, Salminen. Btw, I have liked this year Janne Juutinen as more of defensive center for HIFK.

Bloodhound 01-20-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBhockey1 (Post 42788757)
I do not think that Torniainen could be our 2nd line center, because he has had injury problems. There are some better players IMO like Nättinen, Salminen. Btw, I have liked this year Janne Juutinen as more of defensive center for HIFK.

I know he has had ijury problems and I had really hard time deciding between Tornianen and Nättinen when I was deciding the 2nd line center. But I think that if he is healthy at the time or bit before ofcourse then he shoud atleast make the team IMO.

FiLe 01-20-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinProspects (Post 42731919)
London Knights are leading the OHL with 2 point lead (even though they have played 2 games less than Plymouth which is second in OHL), Määttä probably wont be available. Obviously a huge blow to Finland´s defense.

Not so much, actually. Finland's 94/95 class especially with gifted defenders is one embarassment of riches. This team will likely have one of the better U18 defenses even without Määttä on the team. Sure, it could be even more loaded with him in, but his absence is in fact more like an annoyance rather than a "huge blow".

Quote:

Originally Posted by OsalaFan (Post 42795913)
I know he has had ijury problems and I had really hard time deciding between Tornianen and Nättinen when I was deciding the 2nd line center. But I think that if he is healthy at the time or bit before ofcourse then he shoud atleast make the team IMO.

The current frontrunner for 2nd line C appears to be H.Ikonen, actually. Sure, he's marked as a winger in some papers, but apparently centre is his natural position.

With the first unit it's a no-brainer, it'll be all built around Barkov.

Tormentor 01-21-2012 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiLe (Post 42821377)
The current frontrunner for 2nd line C appears to be H.Ikonen, actually. Sure, he's marked as a winger in some papers, but apparently centre is his natural position.

Henri Ikonen has played centre forward when he was younger, but I believe he has spent the whole season playing wing. It would be surprising if they suddenly moved him back to the middle. There's no need for it (barring injuries) and I think he's better suited for playing wing. A hard working player, but lacks a bit in the playmaking department and vision. My guess is that the 2nd line C will be Kulmala, he's sort of a poor man's Niko Kapanen. Teräväinen would be a great alternative at this level, but they’ll probably keep him on the wing with the national team.

FiLe 01-21-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormentor (Post 42828295)
Henri Ikonen has played centre forward when he was younger, but I believe he has spent the whole season playing wing.

The case of him being winger is bit similar to Granlund being a "winger". Sure, he does look nice there and not really out of place, but can easily see how he could make the transition any given moment.

Not that I mind either way since we seem to have viable alternatives. Watching Finnish junior hockey these days is a true delight. Like finally slipping from the Dark Ages into a new Renaissance.

Tormentor 01-30-2012 05:05 AM

5 nations tournament in Finland

Schedule:
08.02.2012 FIN - CZE (Harjavalta)
09.02.2012 FIN - RUS (Rauma)
11.02.2012 FIN - USA (Pori)
12.02.2012 FIN - SWE (Pori)

Goalies:
Joonas Korpisalo, Jokerit
Jean Auren, Sport
Atte Tolvanen, Ässät

Defensemen:
Mikko Lehtonen, TPS
Atte Mäkinen, Tappara (-95)
Mikko Vainonen, HIFK
Matias Pulli, TPS (-95)
Esa Lindell, Jokerit
Juuso Vainio, HPK
Niklas Tikkinen, Blues

Forwards:
Joonas Huovinen, Sport
Juuso Ikonen, Blues (-95)
Samu Markkula, JYP
Topi Nättinen, JYP
Nico Friman, HIFK
Saku Salminen, Jokerit
Teuvo Teräväinen, Jokerit
Joose Antonen, Ilves (-95)
Janne Juutinen, HIFK
Henri Ikonen, KalPa
Henrik Haapala, Tappara
Rasmus Kulmala, TPS
Artturi Lehkonen, TPS (-95)

Barkov, Ristolainen and Pokka are resting, plus Määttä is naturally in North America. Interesting to see Antonen there instead of Tanus who's now with the U17 team.

edd1e 01-30-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormentor (Post 43285869)
Schedule:
08.02.2012 FIN - CZE (Harjavalta)
09.02.2012 FIN - RUS (Rauma)
11.02.2012 FIN - USA (Pori)
12.02.2012 FIN - SWE

Barkov, Ristolainen and Pokka are resting, plus Määttä is naturally in North America. Interesting to see Antonen there instead of Tanus who's now with the U17 team.

Is this normal in these kind of tourneys to rest certain people?