HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   News Article: Bernie Nicholls on the Ice Coaching With Team as an Advisor. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1070675)

Telos 01-04-2012 12:26 PM

Bernie Nicholls on the Ice Coaching With Team as an Advisor.
 
http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/01/04...-new-addition/

Quote:

[UPDATE: Officially, the Kings are saying Nicholls is "in L.A. for a couple days" and helping out Sutter, as he previously did in San Jose. A spokesperson reiterated that Nicholls is not a new coach.]
Damn. :( Not a new PP coach, but it sounds like they are using him as an advisor, Hammond says that Sutter did this before with Nicholls in San Jose.

BigBrown 01-04-2012 12:26 PM

New PP coach? :p

DAkings20 01-04-2012 12:27 PM

To bad he's not replacing Kompon

Telos 01-04-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrown (Post 41897867)
New PP coach? :p

I wish :( My hopes shot up and then were promptly crushed.

Hopefully that is a PR line and they are testing him out with the PP to see if it performs under him and if it does, they fire Kompon. I can dream... :sarcasm:

The Tikkanen 01-04-2012 12:30 PM

Over/Under on the Kings scoring 70 goals the rest of the season (which Bernie did by himself in 79 games for you young bucks)?

Buddy The Elf 01-04-2012 12:33 PM

Maybe he'll advise Jamie to "beat it, scram, get lost , kid"!

Whiskeypete 01-04-2012 01:20 PM

a wet sponge could do a better job at this point than Pompom


hell yes....bernie is still one of my all time greats

http://frozenroyalty.files.wordpress...pg?w=234&h=366

bobafettish* 01-04-2012 01:21 PM

we need all the help we can get at this point.

Gentle Ben Kenobi 01-04-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobafettish (Post 41900299)
we need all the help we can get at this point.

This.


First lesson- shooting from high % areas and not the red line. :)

KINGS17 01-04-2012 01:25 PM

Bernie definitely knew how to get to the high percentage scoring areas. Perhaps he can infuse that mindset into some of the current players.

Buddy The Elf 01-04-2012 01:26 PM

I like Dustin Brown's "scoring mentality". That was a step up from Terry Murray's "shot mentality" and my "good shot mentality". After scoring mentality, the need to get "winning mentality". Then "playoff mentality" followed by "Stanley Cup mentality". That is a lot of mentalities.

KINGS17 01-04-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 41898035)
Over/Under on the Kings scoring 70 goals the rest of the season (which Bernie did by himself in 79 games for you young bucks)?

Depends are we talking in the range of 70 goals or exactly 70 goals? :)

kingsfanman 01-04-2012 01:50 PM

Maybe he can show them this "bang bang play" :)


Sydor25 01-04-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 41898035)
Over/Under on the Kings scoring 70 goals the rest of the season (which Bernie did by himself in 79 games for you young bucks)?

I'll take the over. What do I win? ;)

Whiskeypete 01-04-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfanman (Post 41901549)
Maybe he can show them this "bang bang play" :)


seeing those old highlights gives me a stiffy

the last few seconds of the video clip....LA 7, PIT 2
will we EVER see that again?

The Tikkanen 01-04-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGS17 (Post 41900781)
Depends are we talking in the range of 70 goals or exactly 70 goals? :)

Probably my favorite argument of all time on HF.

MynameisKing 01-04-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskeypete (Post 41903087)
seeing those old highlights gives me a stiffy

the last few seconds of the video clip....LA 7, PIT 2
will we EVER see that again?

Well, if we had a few HOF on the ice now! I don't know if any current Kings will ever reach that level.

Gentle Ben Kenobi 01-04-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf (Post 41900521)
I like Dustin Brown's "scoring mentality". That was a step up from Terry Murray's "shot mentality" and my "good shot mentality". After scoring mentality, the need to get "winning mentality". Then "playoff mentality" followed by "Stanley Cup mentality". That is a lot of mentalities.

This post cured my mentality illness.

JDM 01-04-2012 03:16 PM

Rich Hammond: Dec 12, 6:48AM:

"As of now, there is zero indication that any coaching change is on the horizon today"

Rich Hammond: Dec 12, 2:47PM

"The Kings will announce shortly that Terry Murray has been fired"

Rich Hammond: Jan 4

"A spokesperson reiterated that Nicholls is not a new coach."

Tomorrow?

Just sayin'....

The writing is on the wall for Kompon. I'd guess his remainder of tenure with the Kings is in the week range :)

Gentle Ben Kenobi 01-04-2012 03:26 PM

JDM knows something. So I wrote a song for the occassion. Sing these to the tune of "*** on feel the noize" by Quiet Riot



Kompon feel the noise
Show your puck poise
He's getting fired, fired, fired
Oh yeah!!!!

So you think we've a bad powerplay
I'll tell you Buddy
I don't know why..and I don't know why.... He has a job
Oh yeah!

KINGS17 01-04-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 41903551)
Probably my favorite argument of all time on HF.

Mine too. You are a good poster and a great sport. I have come to respect your opinions on everything Kings.

Sydor25 01-04-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 41905271)
"A spokesperson reiterated that Nicholls is not a new coach."

Tomorrow?

Just sayin'....

The writing is on the wall for Kompon. I'd guess his remainder of tenure with the Kings is in the week range :)

Nicholls doesn't want to be a coach. He likes working with the players on the ice, but not the coaching life.

Read the Mayor's blog post: http://www.mayorsmanor.com/2012/01/b...ble-kings.html

Quote:

On if he's more interested in day-to-day coaching or consulting - "I love consulting. These guys, coming in and working with the guys and doing whatever it is - I really enjoy that part. Being involved, player wise, stuff like that - that's really good. Being on the blackboard and the video and stuff, I don't know if I'd like that as much. The other guys do a real good job at that. If I can just be hands on, player wise, I like that part."

JDM 01-04-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 41906115)
Nicholls doesn't want to be a coach. He likes working with the players on the ice, but not the coaching life.

Read the Mayor's blog post: http://www.mayorsmanor.com/2012/01/b...ble-kings.html

There's aspects of my job I don't like either. I love helping put together TV shows, I don't love doing paperwork, yet here I am, doing both, putting up with things I don't love to do things I do love.

I'm not saying I have any information. I'm not saying Nicholls will be a coach for the Kings. I am saying... well I'm in the middle of writing an article on it so just read that. :)

Telos 01-04-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 41905271)
Rich Hammond: Dec 12, 6:48AM:

"As of now, there is zero indication that any coaching change is on the horizon today"

Rich Hammond: Dec 12, 2:47PM

"The Kings will announce shortly that Terry Murray has been fired"

Rich Hammond: Jan 4

"A spokesperson reiterated that Nicholls is not a new coach."

Tomorrow?

Just sayin'....

The writing is on the wall for Kompon. I'd guess his remainder of tenure with the Kings is in the week range :)

Don't let Zad see you over here :sarcasm:

Gentle Ben Kenobi 01-04-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 41906115)
Nicholls doesn't want to be a coach. He likes working with the players on the ice, but not the coaching life.

Read the Mayor's blog post: http://www.mayorsmanor.com/2012/01/b...ble-kings.html

You have to be kidding me.

First think of how bad the Kings PP is.
Let's say, for a quick second, that there is a remote possibly that he might be interviewing or trying it out.
Do you really expect him to say " I am here to see of I want the asst coach job, they want a change from the current PP and with my experience with Darryl Sutter , I think they is a stepping stone back in to the NHL"

Also remember Kompon is still employed the org and Bernie would presumably be taking his job.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.