HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   On the Radio: Tortorella On The Michael Kay Show (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1070763)

BroadwayBlues 01-04-2012 02:12 PM

Tortorella On The Michael Kay Show

MK will have John Tortorella on today at 4:30. On 1050 ESPN Radio.

Clowes Line 01-04-2012 02:31 PM

Will I be able to listen to it later?

charlie460 01-04-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 41903311)
Will I be able to listen to it later?

I'll be recording it.

Clowes Line 01-04-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie460 (Post 41903505)
I'll be recording it.

Would you mind uploading it to YouTube?

charlie460 01-04-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 41903687)
Would you mind uploading it to YouTube?

Yep, that's what I'll be doing ;)

Bird Law 01-04-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie460 (Post 41903801)

awesome!!!

Clowes Line 01-04-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie460 (Post 41903801)

Damn, ur the ****ing man!

IBleedNYRBlue 01-04-2012 02:49 PM

Kay is brutal, but in for the video anyways.

gluvhand 01-04-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL605 (Post 41904115)
Kay is brutal, but in for the video anyways.

LOL. First Francessa and now Kay. I'm starting to agree with some posters. We're never happy. We complain about no media exposure, get it, and still complain. I'm not a fan of either myself, but this has to be seen as good. Besides, Kay will have LaGreca(sp?) to prep him with some decent questions.

IBleedNYRBlue 01-04-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gluvhand (Post 41904205)
LOL. First Francessa and now Kay. I'm starting to agree with some posters. We're never happy. We complain about no media exposure, get it, and still complain. I'm not a fan of either myself, but this has to be seen as good. Besides, Kay will have LaGreca(sp?) to prep him with some decent questions.

I don't mind Francessa really. He's not the best but his show is well constructed and he does decent interviews most of the time. I just don't like Kay even as Yankees fan. Lagreca is good though, I forgot about him so hopefully he's doing most of the questions. Kay is just brutal in general with any sports, especially when he talks Knicks. I never said the interview is going to be bad, who knows, it can be good.

charlie460 01-04-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 41904095)
Damn, ur the ****ing man!

I try :sarcasm:

charlie460 01-04-2012 03:08 PM

Don't know if this was posted before, but here is his full apology:

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Tortorella
I just want to get it straightened out. Regarding after the Winter Classic, the game and my press conference, first of all using the word ‘disgusting’ I don’t think was the proper way to go about it as far as talking about Dennis and Ian so I was wrong there. I was wrong there. Second of all, my tongue-in-cheek comments regarding NBC, the league, the refs as far as what’s come about here, people thinking was it fixed, are you trying to get it to overtime or that type of thinking, that was not even in my mind. They were sarcastic comments by me at the wrong time. It’s frustration on my part as far as the referees were concerned and how it was done at the end of the game. So please, I want to get that straight. Not for second, no way, time, shape or form, did I think anything like that goes on with our league, or ever will. For me to question the integrity of the league, the integrity of NBC, the integrity of Dennis and Ian, the Philadelphia Flyers, the Rangers, go right down through all the people here, there’s not a chance I’m thinking that way. It was wrong with my sarcasm, with my frustration and I apologize to everybody involved. I want to make sure that’s straight that that was not my intent. I was unemotional during that press conference, I was frustrated with what went on and I certainly handled it the wrong way. Especially to the two refs, to Dennis and Ian, I’ve known them for a long time, they do a great job, it’s one of the toughest jobs in the game. For me to put them under a microscope in that type of setting, at the Classic, was wrong. I tainted the Classic with my mouth and I shouldn’t have so I apologize to everybody involved.

Drewbackatu* 01-04-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues (Post 41902507)
MK will have John Tortorella on today at 4:30. On 1050 ESPN Radio.

Wow, some genuine exposure. First, Mike "da sports pope" Franchesa with Hank and now Michael Kay with Torts. So benevolent of these sports radio blowhards to offer air space to our hockey team. What next?

MortUWary 01-04-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie460 (Post 41904925)
Don't know if this was posted before, but here is his full apology: Originally Posted by John Tortorella
I just want to get it straightened out. Regarding after the Winter Classic, the game and my press conference, first of all using the word Ďdisgustingí I donít think was the proper way to go about it as far as talking about Dennis and Ian so I was wrong there. I was wrong there. Second of all, my tongue-in-cheek comments regarding NBC, the league, the refs as far as whatís come about here, people thinking was it fixed, are you trying to get it to overtime or that type of thinking, that was not even in my mind. They were sarcastic comments by me at the wrong time. Itís frustration on my part as far as the referees were concerned and how it was done at the end of the game. So please, I want to get that straight. Not for second, no way, time, shape or form, did I think anything like that goes on with our league, or ever will. For me to question the integrity of the league, the integrity of NBC, the integrity of Dennis and Ian, the Philadelphia Flyers, the Rangers, go right down through all the people here, thereís not a chance Iím thinking that way. It was wrong with my sarcasm, with my frustration and I apologize to everybody involved. I want to make sure thatís straight that that was not my intent. I was unemotional during that press conference, I was frustrated with what went on and I certainly handled it the wrong way. Especially to the two refs, to Dennis and Ian, Iíve known them for a long time, they do a great job, itís one of the toughest jobs in the game. For me to put them under a microscope in that type of setting, at the Classic, was wrong. I tainted the Classic with my mouth and I shouldnít have so I apologize to everybody involved.

I like Torts, please don't get me wrong, but this is someone who talks the talk and can't walk the walk. Extremely hypocritical considering the short leash he had on a certain former #16... I know this isn't the right thread for that, but this is the first time I've seen his apology and quite frankly it comes off piss poor given his treatment of a former player who would be fined, suspended and banished from the NHL if he had "embarrassed" the team and the NHL the way Tortorella supposedly did on the league's biggest stage.

Worse than saying what Tortorella said when he did is apologizing for it afterwards. He said exactly what he meant and he meant everything he said. Own it and don't bend over to save face with Bettman. The calls and non-calls late in the game were a freaking disgrace!

MSG the place to be* 01-04-2012 03:31 PM

What exactly would make a good interview? That's what I don't get.

Whoot Whoot 01-04-2012 03:43 PM

"WW is ready, but we cannot find a spot for him right now."

BroadwayBlues 01-04-2012 03:44 PM

Cool to know Torts is a Giants fan.

Whoot Whoot 01-04-2012 03:44 PM

Sauer will get a spot when he is ready.

Eminger deserves ice time.

EC hasn't taken opportunities of his ice time - great talented kid.

vbman09 01-04-2012 03:44 PM

Eminger brings the Jam!

RangerBoy 01-04-2012 03:44 PM

I like Torts. He's always a good listen.

Nyrvana 01-04-2012 03:46 PM

Torts is honest, and straight forward. If I was a player, I'd love him. Just tells you how it is. Sounds like a good guy. HBO has really humanized him after his reputation from post game interviews.

mrjimmyg89 01-04-2012 03:47 PM

Solid interview. we now know Wolski is ready but there isn't a spot open for him at the moment, and it's a good decision. If one of Mitchell or Hagelin fall off I can see him taking their spot, but I don't see Hagelin falling off, so it'll have to be Mitchell at some point. It's a great dilemma to have.

gluvhand 01-04-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MortUWary (Post 41905799)
I like Torts, please don't get me wrong, but this is someone who talks the talk and can't walk the walk. Extremely hypocritical considering the short leash he had on a certain former #16... I know this isn't the right thread for that, but this is the first time I've seen his apology and quite frankly it comes off piss poor given his treatment of a former player who would be fined, suspended and banished from the NHL if he had "embarrassed" the team and the NHL the way Tortorella supposedly did on the league's biggest stage.

Worse than saying what Tortorella said when he did is apologizing for it afterwards. He said exactly what he meant and he meant everything he said. Own it and don't bend over to save face with Bettman. The calls and non-calls late in the game were a freaking disgrace!

It's not a matter of saving face with Bettman. Whether we agree with his initial comments or not it did make everybody look bad. I'm sure he was told to make that apology. Maybe he refuses and makes a stand. Then what? He questioned the integrity of the game, not just the refs. He did what he had to do. Is it hypocritical considering his comments of "He who shall be banished"? Yup. But that doesn't mean sometimes you have to eat crow and move on.

Nyrvana 01-04-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewbackatu (Post 41905277)
Wow, some genuine exposure. First, Mike "da sports pope" Franchesa with Hank and now Michael Kay with Torts. So benevolent of these sports radio blowhards to offer air space to our hockey team. What next?

This is all the Rangers getting their players and coaches on trying to gain momentum for the next couple of months. I'll take it. Rather here these guys then talk about the Yankees offering Edwin Jackson 18 million a year.

MortUWary 01-04-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gluvhand (Post 41906565)
It's not a matter of saving face with Bettman. Whether we agree with his initial comments or not it did make everybody look bad. I'm sure he was told to make that apology. Maybe he refuses and makes a stand. Then what? He questioned the integrity of the game, not just the refs. He did what he had to do. Is it hypocritical considering his comments of "He who shall be banished"? Yup. But that doesn't mean sometimes you have to eat crow and move on.

Yes and I agree to an extent, but the point you're missing is that he has the opportunity to speak his mind, eat crow/apologize and then move on. He was not giving that same right to a certain player, fair or unfair, based on his "reputation". If that player had made those comments, he would be suspended if not by the team directly, then by the league for a long, long time. Right or wrong?