HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: Watch your Staple Center receipts (got overcharged) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1070893)

KingNothing4 01-04-2012 04:49 PM

Watch your Staple Center receipts (got overcharged)

Just wanted to give a heads up because a lady at a concessions stand charged my $2 tip as $20 instead. I put a big 2 then a period then two little zeroes on the tip line, and wrote $24.50 on the total line ($22.50 + $2.00...for two beers, oy!). My credit card statement shows $44.50, so not sure if she fudged with my numbers or if she put it in the computer wrong or what... Called S.C. and awaiting the return call from Concessions. Going to call my bank, as well.

DaAnimal 01-04-2012 05:09 PM

sorry to hear that man.

I'm sure staples will take care of it. If it doesnt get resolved, im sure your bank will take care of it.

The Big Giant Head 01-04-2012 05:20 PM

Hope i dont sound like to big dick becsaue i do tip but why bother with a tip at the concession stand? I dont tip the kid on the other side of the counter when i go to mcdonalds for getting me my food just like i dont tip the lady at the concession stand getting me an EXTREMELY over priced watered down beer...

I'll be there tomorrow so thanks for the heads up.

The Butcher 01-04-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head (Post 41910195)
Hope i dont sound like to big dick becsaue i do tip but why bother with a tip at the concession stand? I dont tip the kid on the other side of the counter when i go to mcdonalds for getting me my food just like i dont tip the lady at the concession stand getting me an EXTREMELY over priced watered down beer...

I'll be there tomorrow so thanks for the heads up.

I'm a little embarassed to admit this but I worked at the Pond for a season as a "beertender" and let me tell you that not all the concession people are created equal. I made it a point to poor as many beers as I possibly could during the intermissions because I know people really wanted to get back to their seats.

Most of the people who work in the concessions are not the cream of societies proverbial crop. Many of them couldn't care less about getting their line moving quickly and half of them can barely read. It really wasn't that hard to stand out and I always made great money in tips because people who were at alot of games knew my beer line would move the quickest.

Even as hard as you work to get the line moving, about every 3rd or 4th jackass wouldn't have their money, selection, or ID ready for me and slow my line down. My advice would be to NOT tip these vendors unless you can clearly see they are moving quickly for you. The good tippers ALWAYS made my night.

Quattro 01-04-2012 05:52 PM

I'm sure they'll fix it. That said, I always use cash at Staples or any sporting event.

KINGS17 01-04-2012 06:06 PM

In general, I only tip when I am sitting in the PR section and the servers come there to take my order and then deliver my food/beverages.

KingNothing4 01-05-2012 12:58 PM

I guess I tip just because it's the norm. She was a nice lady, though, so hopefully she just goofed up putting it in the computer or whatever. Will be using cash from now on just to avoid the annoyance.

Haven't heard from concessions yet, but it is still early. I'll let you guys know what SC does for me.

Ajtacker 01-05-2012 06:44 PM

Ive worked in the food industry for a long time, I almost always tip, if I can afford it. 

The Tikkanen 01-05-2012 10:14 PM

I'm 38 years old, I've never heard of tipping at a concession stand. Sucks that that happened but your bank should go to bat for you on this one. The fact that you tipped where people normally don't kind of removes some of the finger pointing, have to believe it was an honest mistake.

Boba Fettuccine 01-05-2012 10:41 PM

I tip everyone I come across. Busboys, bellboys, Bob's Big Boy, I would even tip the Beastie Boys if I came across them.

The Tikkanen 01-05-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 41991677)
I tip everyone I come across. Busboys, bellboys, Bob's Big Boy, I would even tip the Beastie Boys if I came across them.

Do handfuls of change count as tips?

Wildturkey12 01-06-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 41992455)
Do handfuls of change count as tips?

I like to save the fortunes from fortune cookies and give them to people instead of tips. A lifetime of wisdom is more valuable then a few dollars for the short term. People really seem to appreciate it.

Amex is great in situations like this. Usually it only takes one phone call.

KingNothing4 01-06-2012 04:19 PM

Well the concessions folks haven't called. My bank is going to request a copy of the receipt and then hopefully get it figured out for me. If they come back and say my receipt says $44.50 or $22 tip, then the lady ****ed with my receipt and I'll be a little pissed. It was at a beer stand and I always tip alcohol service, figured most did haha. I never tip food concessions though.

The Butcher 01-06-2012 06:23 PM

TIP!

It behooves you.

Trust me.

Quattro 01-06-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingNothing4 (Post 42021745)
Well the concessions folks haven't called. My bank is going to request a copy of the receipt and then hopefully get it figured out for me. If they come back and say my receipt says $44.50 or $22 tip, then the lady ****ed with my receipt and I'll be a little pissed. It was at a beer stand and I always tip alcohol service, figured most did haha. I never tip food concessions though.

if you're a STH, I'd let your rep know...

KingNothing4 01-07-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quattro (Post 42028603)
if you're a STH, I'd let your rep know...

I'm not, unfortunately. Never heard from SC, but sounds like my bank will take care of it, hopefully.